Which NFL Division Has the Best Helmets?

pianoknight

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC West Rankings

1 KC

2 Denver

3 SD

4 Oakland-black face mask would move this up

AFC South Rankings

1 Houston

2 Indy would be at the top with a blue face mask

3 TN

4 Jax the current one would probably be 2 but I do not like the new logo so I am sure I will not like the new helmet

AFC East Rankings

1 Jets

2 NE a blue face mask here I think would put them on top as I have always like the Elvis logo

3 Dolphins based on what I think will be their new helmet an aqua face mask & current striping would make this #1

4 Bills a blue face mask would help but still probably keep in cellar but like it overall

AFC North Rankings

1 Cincy

2 Steelers

3 Browns white facemask would put this over Steelers for me

4 Baltimore its not bad but just lacking some things

NFC West Ranking

1 Rams

2 SF a red face mask would work better

3 Sea would probably move up without the pattern on top & the way it meets in the back

4 AZ needs a red face mask

NFC South Ranking

1 TB just love their overall identity

2 NO

3 ATL would probably be #1 with red lid & black facemask maybe gray mask would work with gray pants

4 Carolina just do not like the new logo

NFC East Ranking

1 Eagles always loved the wing design

2 NYG

3 DAL

4 Washington strong division for helmets

NFC North Ranking

1 Vikings unless they mess it up with the new one

2 GB

3 Lions I loved their update a few years ago

4 Chicago someone had to be last

NFC North is the best IMHO with NFC East coming in second & AFC West next.

Those three really have no looks I do not like & were hard to rank

NFC North.

If the Lions would just lose the black and go back to the honolulu blue facemasks, you'd be talking about perfection.

if they enlarge the stripes on the helmet or reverse them the barry era stripes.....now we're talking

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

AFC

East

1. Pats

2. Bills

3. Dolphins - I don't like the prospects of what they will unveil in a week

4. Jets- will be third by next week

North

1.Steelers- one sided logo and numbers on the front and back of helmet

2, Bengals- perfection

3. Browns- grey actually working with me but white was cool

4 ravens- stripe has to go

West

1. Raiders- best helmet ever

2. Chargers

3. Broncos

4. Chiefs

South

1. Texans one of the top 5 bonnets in the league

2. Colts

3. Titans

4. Jaguars- see dolphins above

NFC

East

1. Redskins

2. Cowboys

3. Giants

4. Eagles- kelly green?

North

1. Packers

2. Bears

3. lions - enlarge the stripe of back to barry era

4. Vikings- can change slots next week

West

1. Seahawks

2. 49ers- no red face mask sorry

3. rams- return to L.A. rams colors

4. Cardinals- never mind

south

1. Bucs- pewter power

2. Saints

3. Panthers

4. Falcons

top 5 imo

1.Raiders

2. Packers

3. Steelers

4. Redskins

5. Texans

division

1. AFC west

2. NFC east

3 NFC north

4. Afc north

5. afc east

6 . nfc south

7 .afc south

8 .nfc west

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

It's the NFC North for me. I guess the Vikings are a homer pick for me, but it isn't just me being a fan that makes me say that IMO they have the best helmet in football. I don't just like the helmet because I'm a fan. If anything, its the opposite... I'm pretty sure when I was 6 I became a Viking fan mainly because I loved the helmet.

And while I hate the Packers and dislike the Bears, I have to admit they have nice helmets. To me, the only one dragging the division down is Detroit. I like the logo update, in terms of the design/shape, but I've never warmed up to the added black. Just seems completely unnecessary. And WTF is the deal with the strange dwarf stripe they went with?

NFL-2011-Matthew-Stafford-Detroit-Lions.jpg

That shrunken stripe makes the whole helmet look cheap. Does anybody else remember the old Hutch toy helmets? They all had the cheap midget stripes, too. That and the black facemask wreck this lid.

youth-football-uniform-helmet-set-nfl-ncaa-4.jpg

It's the NFC North for me. I guess the Vikings are a homer pick for me, but it isn't just me being a fan that makes me say that IMO they have the best helmet in football. I don't just like the helmet because I'm a fan. If anything, its the opposite... I'm pretty sure when I was 6 I became a Viking fan mainly because I loved the helmet.

And while I hate the Packers and dislike the Bears, I have to admit they have nice helmets. To me, the only one dragging the division down is Detroit. I like the logo update, in terms of the design/shape, but I've never warmed up to the added black. Just seems completely unnecessary. And WTF is the deal with the strange dwarf stripe they went with?

NFL-2011-Matthew-Stafford-Detroit-Lions.jpg

That shrunken stripe makes the whole helmet look cheap. Does anybody else remember the old Hutch toy helmets? They all had the cheap midget stripes, too. That and the black facemask wreck this lid.

youth-football-uniform-helmet-set-nfl-ncaa-4.jpg

I personally don't mind the black facemask, but I agree the stripes need to be made slightly wider, use Ohio State's helmet as a guide.

Why so much hate for the Cardinals helmet? I understand there's issues with the grey facemask, but that logo fits great on a helmet.

i love the logo and i dont think you can ever go wrong with a white shell. i like grey mask a lot on appropriate teams/designs (Colts, Browns), but the mask is so out of place with the rest of the uniform and the whole brand i cant make it one of my favorites.

I think that's really a problem with the rest of the uniform and the whole brand, not the helmet.

The helmet is the only thing they're doing right.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of love for AFC West....which I hate. The only helmet/uniform I even like from the division would be the Raiders. The Chiefs I used to think were atrocious, but they've grown on me a little.

As for my vote, I think I agree with NFC north, but NFC South also gets a VERY strong nod.

NFC East just edges the NFC North because the worst helmet in the North (Detroit) is just slightly worse than the worst of teh East (Philadelphia). If the Lions stripe was wider, it woud be a tie. AFC South is easily worst thanks to Titans/Jaguars doube whammy.

It's gotta be between the AFC West and the NFC West.

AFC West has classics in the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs, and the Broncos which is an iconic "new style" helmet.

NFC West has some of the best modernizations of recent years with the new meaner Cardinal, the new Seahawk, and very minor tweaks to the classic Ram & Niner.

As for the others:

AFC South: Flying Thumbtack and the Fugly Jaguar kill this division.

AFC North: Boring Cleveland and awkward bird on Baltimore don't help.

AFC East: I like the Patriots and Bills, but the new Dolphins is a downgrade and the current Jets helmet is one of the worst in football (pro, college, pee wee)

NFC South: Saints is the best, all others have issues. Falcon's new bird is bad, Carolina's stripes are idiotic, and the Buc's helmet color is cool but the

logo is off balance and beginning to feel dated (the sword in particular.)

NFC North: Pack & Bears are classic but dull (compare them against the AFC West classics for example), Lions and Vikings are decent.

NFC East: Iconic Cowboys helmet, Boring but classic Giants, Strong Eagles and while the Redskins is not bad, I am not a fan of the profile indian mascot logo.

Archived