We'll rebrand the Phoenix Suns. They'll be playing and having fun.

mbannon92

So...that title was a bad attempt at parodying "Island in the Sun," but obviously it caught your attention!

It does have something to do with this Phoenix Suns concept, though. While sitting through a marketing ethics symposium today (ugh) I came up with the idea of the Suns having shorts like the recent USF alternates (which are board short themed...island in the sun...yeah?) and a sun-based logo to match it. I thought it would look cool, obviously, but it also has a very southwestern feel to it, like the Hispanic striped blankets you see a lot in those countries and the southwestern states. For the font I expanded the custom font I made for my recent Vikings concept (shameless plug) and added some notches to the sides.

This isn't supposed to be any sort of prediction or anything for next year, just a rebrand that :music: makes me feel so fine I can't control my brain :music: (Alright, enough Weezer, here's the concept.)

Logos

Home

Road

Alternate

The logo is great. Very well done the striping motif on the shorts works really well for the Suns. The only very small change I would suggest would be to incorporate a little bit more color on the jerseys, maybe around the armholes.

LOVE the logo & shorts, especially the Tequila Sunrise-esque stripes. Maybe try some side panels on the jersey with the same pattern?

Other than that, the only change I'd like to see is "Phoenix" on the roads instead of "Suns".

You should make an black alternate jersey not orange and you can add some side details to all three jerseys also dont use "SUNS" wordmark for all jerseys, use "PHOENIX" or "PHX". But still, these are look AMAZING. Nice job, really like it :)

879inciu3010831.png

#PackerNation

#IgniteTheFuture

#GreenCollar

I really like this, but i agree that the tops are too plain.

There really are no recent rebrands that are quite that plain, and there's a reason for that.

Money.

They gotta sell jerseys!

Add some pop to the tops, and you have a winner.

I think some traditional shoulder loops would do the trick, just be sure to tie them into the rest of the set.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Here's a jersey update with a more traditional collar and cuff look. I think solves the over-simplicity. Putting the stripes on the jersey somewhere would be too much IMO. Also, if people really like the striping pattern, they'll just have to buy a jersey AND shorts! (Marketing, yo)

Also put Phoenix on the roads. Thinking about it their 90s set was the only one with Suns on the roads, so this is more in line with tradition.

Home

Road

Alt

Also, here's the court.

Court.png

:music: We'll rebrand the Phoenix Suns. They'll be playing and having fun :music:

...would have been better IMO.

As for the concept: I am not exactly a basketball fan or know too much but I like the overall brand you have created here. It all feels relevant and the courts and uniforms look great and all work together. Something I don't feel the current set does by trying to work in an actual phoenix which isn't necessary to me.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

:music: We'll rebrand the Phoenix Suns. They'll be playing and having fun :music:

...would have been better IMO.

As for the concept: I am not exactly a basketball fan or know too much but I like the overall brand you have created here. It all feels relevant and the courts and uniforms look great and all work together. Something I don't feel the current set does by trying to work in an actual phoenix which isn't necessary to me.

Good call. Title has been changed. And thanks for the comments!

As for the black alt, it ain't gonna happen. There's no other black in the set nor will I add any.

I like the logos and the pants

I LOVE the court

But I agree that the jerseys are kind of plain, it would look good with something along the side.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I like the logos and the pants

I LOVE the court

But I agree that the jerseys are kind of plain, it would look good with something along the side.

IMHO, the multi color multi bars on the shorts are probably enough. Adding on the jerseys would make the whole just too heavy.

I agree if you only look at the jersey, it could look a bit bland.

IMHO, the multi color multi bars on the shorts are probably enough. Adding on the jerseys would make the whole just too heavy.

I agree if you only look at the jersey, it could look a bit bland.

I was thinking of a more simplified version, just like two two-tone stripes going down the sides

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived