New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

Amazed the NFL allowed this to happen.

This is what happens when the one helmet rule backfires. I have to think that if Jacksonville were allowed to have a black helmet and a gold helmet they wouldn't have attempted the two-tone.

I honestly see this rule being lifted in the coming years. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams have an alternate helmet in a few years...if not more.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing these close-up's, I feel even worse about these and that helmet.

They should immediately scrap the helmet and just go all matte black, and make the teal jersey/black pant the home look.

This altogether is sloppy. We've seen so much better from Nike, but as someone else just said, these, along with the WVU and UNC sets recently released makes me think Nike lost someone really talented who was in charge of designing these. Poor Jaguars fans.

That might be one of the worst football helmets of all time. TERRIBLE.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Also Reddit guy claimed that they'd have three pants combos which would blow our minds by how many different weekly combos they would allow (I guess he thought Nike could somehow best simple mathematics). Can we FINALLY stop paying attention to that clown now that we see they're only going with black and white pants?

Why again did they decide to add the JAGS shield to the jersey when they can't even wear it in their marketed 2nd home of London?

Well that would be because this re-brand has been handled with the dignity and care of a drunk toddler.

Seems like a lot of the promotional shots are trying to avoid showing the whole helmet. I'd have to guess it wasn't Nike's idea.

No, it was HGI's idea.

It is what it is: a look that will last until the first year it can be changed, at which point the 1995 uniforms will come back, but only with what material Nike (or the NFL's uniform provider at that time will be) is using for material-of-the-week.

I'd be surprised if that helmet makes it a full season. I like new things, but not new ugly things.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Amazed the NFL allowed this to happen.

This is what happens when the one helmet rule backfires. I have to think that if Jacksonville were allowed to have a black helmet and a gold helmet they wouldn't have attempted the two-tone.

Or, you know, they could have decided to not look like idiots and just gone with a single coloured helmet.

MAAAAATTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE FOOOOOOTBAAAAALLLLL HELMETSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they die a horrible death. Not one matte helmet has ever looked good and this is the worst one I've ever seen. Two tone? Glossy gold with barely a fade into matte black, which actually looks kinda brown because of the finish.

They couldn't have failed harder on the helmets than they did. If they helmets had jaguar fur glued to the shells it would be an upgrade. It's almost impressive how bad these are.

PvO6ZWJ.png

At what point, aesthetically, did we give up the idea of design that worked, and start focusing in on things that gave shock value, pushed the envelope too far, and ultimately, only produce stuff for people to talk about?

I feel like sports aesthetics has essentially turned into Jersey Shore / TLC / My Crazy Obsession / Reality TV. It's mind boggling.

Archived