New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazed the NFL allowed this to happen.

This is what happens when the one helmet rule backfires. I have to think that if Jacksonville were allowed to have a black helmet and a gold helmet they wouldn't have attempted the two-tone.

Or, you know, they could have decided to not look like idiots and just gone with a single coloured helmet.

Get over yourself for once.

Why the hostility? These helmets are atrocious. Literally, the worst helmets I've ever seen. I'd have rather seen than them pull a matte black (which I like, incidentally) helmet over their mess right now.

The black jerseys would be better if they moved those weird gold strips to the top of the teal sleeves to give it some continuity with the pant stripe.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

You know what? I'd like these uniforms a lot more if that helmet was either all matte black or gold. All the more reason for the NFL to allow alternate helmets.

Also just saw the pants "stripes." These uniforms are shrinking on me (shrinking is the opposite of growing, right?)--not that I ever really liked them before. The Jags' last unforms, while bland, look fantastic compared to these.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Man. It's not that hard. The Jaguar hunts from the shadows, so creeping into the shadows (fading to black) means it is preparing to kill.

But yeah. Helmets will definitely have to grow on me. Everything else is ace.

Yeah, ok, but the jaguar logo isn't "creeping" into the shadows. It's leaping in with a head of steam, almost as if it's hiding from another predator. The visual would work better if the colors were swapped in my opinion...Well, actually the whole uniform would look better if it was just a plain black helmet with no keylines on the logo. This is just one of those cases where simple is better.

Here's another problem - gold is the color least represented on the uniform. The uniform is dominated by teal and black both home and road, but HALF THE HELMET IS GOLD! These are instantly the worst uniforms in the NFL.

When did we forget about balance, good design, restraint (ie not just doing something because you can), subtlety, dressing like professionals, trying to design a timeless uniform on the first shot? (fully aware of who my favorite team is and the ridiculous uniforms they wear).

PvO6ZWJ.png

Or maybe, just maybe, they aren't that bad. Everyone seems to believe their opinion is the right one.

You're the one that has to live with it for 16 games a season so I like your survivalist mentality.

PvO6ZWJ.png

at this point i think the addition of the shiny gold on the helmet was a mistake. should have been all matte black to keep the stealthy feel. but i didnt like the new emblem at first either but it grew on me. I can only hope this will too.

If the new helmet were replaced by the old teal-flaked one (with new logo) this would be a top 5 uniform combo in the NFL. I'm pleasantly surprised about how brilliant the colors look and how well the black numbers work.

They don't, and they'll be illegible in sunlight.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

When did we forget about balance, good design, restraint (ie not just doing something because you can), subtlety, dressing like professionals, trying to design a timeless uniform on the first shot? (fully aware of who my favorite team is and the ridiculous uniforms they wear).

imalcomjp_zps29818b8f.png

"Yeah, yeah Nike, but your designers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Archived