New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

Jaguars-NFL-Nike-Elite-51-Uniform-Alternate-Colorway-1_detail.jpg

If the new helmet were replaced by the old teal-flaked one (with new logo) this would be a top 5 uniform combo in the NFL. I'm pleasantly surprised about how brilliant the colors look and how well the black numbers work.

You know what? I actually agree...It would be a complete reversal of what we expected (mostly black and gold), but at least there would be some sense of continunity among all of the uniforms, especially this one. Let's put it this way, it would be an upgrade from the monstrosity they just unveiled.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. It's not that hard. The Jaguar hunts from the shadows, so creeping into the shadows (fading to black) means it is preparing to kill.

But yeah. Helmets will definitely have to grow on me. Everything else is ace.

Yeah, ok, but the jaguar logo isn't "creeping" into the shadows. It's leaping in with a head of steam, almost as if it's hiding from another predator. The visual would work better if the colors were swapped in my opinion...Well, actually the whole uniform would look better if it was just a plain black helmet with no keylines on the logo. This is just one of those cases where simple is better.

Its not about the logo, its about the actual player. As the opposing player when the Jag is lined up infront of you pre-snap "hunting in the shadows" its hidden in the dark, aka the matte black. You don't see it until it attacks and the player is past you on the field and therefore between you and the endzone. Think of it kinda like the victory/goal armpits of the Lightening jerseys.
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

These honestly aren't that bad.

Black jersey- great. plenty of teal and gold, good color balance.

White jersey- good. Could've used a bit more gold, but still it looks good.

Teal jersey- good. nothing too crazy, i just think it wouldve looked a lot better with white numbers.

Helmet- terrible, as much as i want to like it, it just doesn't work, they should've faded it significantly, then MAYBE it would've worked, but the basically half and half they did just turned out bad.

i'd say these are in between the Bills old set and the cardinals current set.

Man. It's not that hard. The Jaguar hunts from the shadows, so creeping into the shadows (fading to black) means it is preparing to kill.

They should have hired you to come up with all the design explanation BS... That's grade-A stuff right there. Is there anyway you can work in a war/soldier metaphor?

"Sir, the helmet order is wrong... they're all gold!"

"Go buy all the black spray paint you can and make them black -- we don't have enough time to reorder"

"We can only get enough to cover half the helmets..."

"They'll get the idea. Go ahead."

I still find it amazing how much better that teal jersey looks with black pants.

It's the numbers. The black numbers tie them in nicely with the pants. It would look unbalanced if the numbers were white.

But yeah. Helmets will definitely have to grow on me. Everything else is ace.

Yeah, ok, but the jaguar logo isn't "creeping" into the shadows. It's leaping in with a head of steam, almost as if it's hiding from another predator. The visual would work better if the colors were swapped in my opinion...Well, actually the whole uniform would look better if it was just a plain black helmet with no keylines on the logo. This is just one of those cases where simple is better.

Its not about the logo, its about the actual player. As the opposing player when the Jag is lined up infront of you pre-snap "hunting in the shadows" its hidden in the dark, aka the matte black. You don't see it until it attacks and the player is past you on the field and therefore between you and the endzone. Think of it kinda like the victory/goal armpits of the Lightening jerseys.

That would make the glossy gold/matte black contrast make sense actually. That would also explain why the gradient is more of a sudden transition between a 50/50 gold and black helmet. The only problem is that it looks horrible from the side and from the back just because the rest of the uniform is scarcely gold.

They should have hired you to come up with all the design explanation BS... That's grade-A stuff right there. Is there anyway you can work in a war/soldier metaphor?

MOD EDIT That'd be great.

These uniforms are garbage because the helmet ruins the whole set. I like the jerseys and pants, but the helmet is the worst ever in the NFL, the second worst behind Oregons chrome.

spacer.png

I cant see one redeeming quality in these uniforms. In all honesty, I think the helmet is the least offensive part of the uniforms.

• I don't even think the logo is an upgrade. Its a lateral move at best.
  • The numbers are atrocious. I mean, they are bad. Really bad.
  • The truncated pant stripe is one of the worst ideas Nike has come up with - and that's saying something.
  • Again, they took the cookie cutter template for the shoulder sleeve and put it on an NFL team.
  • I'm guessing those shinny patches on top of the shoulders that look like tiger stripes are either Fly Wire or some other BS marketing material Nike has come up with. That design works for the Mizzou TIGERS but not the Jacksonville JAGUARS.
  • The shield patch on the front looks stupid. No other way to put it. It doesnt belong on the uniform.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived