New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. It's not that hard. The Jaguar hunts from the shadows, so creeping into the shadows (fading to black) means it is preparing to kill.

They should have hired you to come up with all the design explanation BS... That's grade-A stuff right there. Is there anyway you can work in a war/soldier metaphor?

MOD EDIT That'd be great.

MOD EDIT

Man. It's not that hard. The Jaguar hunts from the shadows, so creeping into the shadows (fading to black) means it is preparing to kill.

They should have hired you to come up with all the design explanation BS... That's grade-A stuff right there. Is there anyway you can work in a war/soldier metaphor?

MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT

• I don't even think the logo is an upgrade. Its a lateral move at best.
  • The numbers are atrocious. I mean, they are bad. Really bad.
  • The truncated pant stripe is one of the worst ideas Nike has come up with - and that's saying something.
  • Again, they took the cookie cutter template for the shoulder sleeve and put it on an NFL team.
  • I'm guessing those shinny patches on top of the shoulders that look like tiger stripes are either Fly Wire or some other BS marketing material Nike has come up with. That design works for the Mizzou TIGERS but not the Jacksonville JAGUARS.
  • The shield patch on the front looks stupid. No other way to put it. It doesnt belong on the uniform.

I agree with pretty much all of this. The only redeeming aspect of the numbers is that they have double outlines. Well, and that they aren't Minnesota's. For all the talk about military, I was expecting stencil numbers before we got the leak last week. The black numbers on the teal, however, absoutely will get lost from any distance in sunlight.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

At what point, aesthetically, did we give up the idea of design that worked, and start focusing in on things that gave shock value, pushed the envelope too far, and ultimately, only produce stuff for people to talk about?

I feel like sports aesthetics has essentially turned into Jersey Shore / TLC / My Crazy Obsession / Reality TV. It's mind boggling.

I really really want to like these but as you so succinctly put it: its merely just for shock value.

Unfortunately, this uniform is just like 'Saw V'; If I hadn't seen the four others that preceded it then I might be shocked, but now I'm simply just angry at myself for even bothering to give a $#!t for a fifth time.

Still miss these:

78388112_display_image.jpg?1327273333

that was perfection...fine if you feel obligated to change for the sake of change...swap out the old helmet logo with the new and use the teal flake shell...but damn that look was so solid.

^ THIS!!! Heck, solid black, solid teal, solid gold...any of those would be better.

As a Dolphin fan I suddenly dont feel so bad about our new helmet. There are so many Jag helmet concepts on this board that are SO much better than what we've just seen.

That helmet looks like someone just took a gold helmet and sprayed the front of it with black primer...I dont know...just looks unprofessional.

FWIW, I know a lot of people didnt like the Seahawks jerseys at all when they were originally released but grew to very much like them. Im one of those people and now I absolutely love the Seahawks and cant get enough of them. I think it'll look really great on the field and its hard to fully judge everything without seeing them under the sun/lights

The logo is the only thing about this package I like. And that's not saying much.

When us traditionalists were bemoaning what Nike would do to the NFL, this is what we had in mind.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT

The Jaguars have been my #2 team for the longest time...but these last several changes have been a bunch of #2.

Thank the Lord my #1 team is the Green Bay Packers, who are NEVER going to change a THING about their unis!

bYhYmxh.png

Except that the two-tone helmet for the Jaguars is awful now, and will be awful if it ever sees the field.

No you're prob right, I really don't have high hopes for the helmet, but Im surely gonna give it a chance before I go start slitting my wrists and denouncing my favorite team in all of sports

Archived