New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We think matte black helmets would look nice, but we also like the idea of gold. If only we could have both..."

They honestly would have looked better if they went with the stupid Notre Dame divided helmet look. I can live with the rest of the set, but that helmet makes me want to be physically ill.

The Jaguars have been my #2 team for the longest time...but these last several changes have been a bunch of #2.

Thank the Lord my #1 team is the Green Bay Packers, who are NEVER going to change a THING about their unis!

They already have.

The white jersey is the only winner, IMO. Had the teal jersey had white numerals instead of black, it would be a winner as well.

That helmet gradient, if you can even call it that, is just horrid.

This times a million. I actually think the white jersey looks good, and I'm right with you on the teal jersey's numbers. It's a shame that they messed up an opportunity to make something that actually could look nice.

That said, I hate the pants, and that helmet is absolute trash.

Jerseys:

HDdHa.gif

Helmets:

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Seriously though: you pair this uniform set with the previous-generation Black/Teal Flake helmet, at that's a solid Top 10 NFL look.

While that set was crap, I can't say that this uniform is an improvement. It's just busier crap. And at least the teal flake helmet looked good most of the time.

The Jaguars have been my #2 team for the longest time...but these last several changes have been a bunch of #2.

Thank the Lord my #1 team is the Green Bay Packers, who are NEVER going to change a THING about their unis!

They already have.

At least after that "old gold and/or blue" proposed fiasco twenty years ago, they'll never change a thing about 'em again.

bYhYmxh.png

The modern day football uniform is so ugly to begin with (effectively cutoff sleeves, bizarre double sock patterns, pants that leave the knee exposed, sweat boxes, etc.), but these just seem to emphasize all the ugliness. And that's before you get to the helmet.

LOL at Jacksonville, Nike, and the NFL. It's gonna get uglier before it gets better folks. The NFL is in the middle of its own version of baseball's pullover era.

BIjeqVLCMAAdijg.jpg

If you need me, I will be busy saying many prayers of thanksgiving that Kroenke matched Khan's bid for the Rams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived