New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 50-year-old mom: "I like the helmet. It's cool that it's half-and-half. I think it looks better than if it were completely black or gold."

:shocked:

Your mom is 50?

*SMH*

(Me too.)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Know that if I could, I would've liked your comment CWx.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Did Nike give any explaination for the shoulder design? I can't wrap my head around that aspect of the jerseys. It'd be great for a team called the tigers but not the Jags. The only thing that helps me make any sense of it is if I view them as claw/scratch marks. The gold on the collar helps that argument but I feel like im reaching. At least Oregon's feathers make sense, these have me scratching my head if they aren't claw/scratch marks.

From the Nike Football FB page : "Claw marks highlight the shoulder and neckline"

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

It actually looks passable in those last two photos. I'm fearing that the helmets will look different from player to player, which will no doubt become extremely annoying.

The helmet Blackmon used in the Nike photo shoot looks like it has less black then the ones seen today

image-12.jpg

Today

image-11.jpg

Very true, the Blackmon one looks "better" the gradient is smoother, the ones a the unveiling have a harsher change from black to gold.

Theres going to be some serious quality control issues...

Now that's the helmet that should be used the ones today were horrible

It actually looks passable in those last two photos. I'm fearing that the helmets will look different from player to player, which will no doubt become extremely annoying.

The helmet Blackmon used in the Nike photo shoot looks like it has less black then the ones seen today

image-12.jpg

Today

image-11.jpg

Very true, the Blackmon one looks "better" the gradient is smoother, the ones a the unveiling have a harsher change from black to gold.

Theres going to be some serious quality control issues...

Now that's the helmet that should be used the ones today were horrible

That helmet is pretty horrible too. Just slightly less horrible.

Did Nike give any explaination for the shoulder design? I can't wrap my head around that aspect of the jerseys. It'd be great for a team called the tigers but not the Jags. The only thing that helps me make any sense of it is if I view them as claw/scratch marks. The gold on the collar helps that argument but I feel like im reaching. At least Oregon's feathers make sense, these have me scratching my head if they aren't claw/scratch marks.

From the Nike Football FB page : "Claw marks highlight the shoulder and neckline"

So the jaguar clawed itself?

newsig.jpg

So the jaguar clawed itself?

No but that's apparently how Jaguars take down their prey. They pounce over the shoulder and pull it down with their claws. You can explain it any way you want after the fact I reckon it was done because they could do it, wanted to do something with a new material so they did it. And for once I think I can live with it. My biggest issue with the jersey is the number of outlines and how elongated they get at the serifs by the time they reach the tip of the gold. That's the problem with outlining such a sharp font, the mitres become a pain in the ass.

But other than that the jerseys are to me at least an upgrade over what they had before which I found pretty bland.

The helmets though... jeezo I want them killed with the utmost violence possible. They offend just about every design sensibility I have. First off the stop... sorry I mean "fade" which doesn't seem to match on any two helmets shown so far. Then there's the fact that some genius thought it would be great idea to make the black matte, which only exacerbates the half finished look, because the front of the helmet ends up looking like exposed primer! Then to top all that off we have the crazy oversized GLOSS decal that clashes with the matte part of the helmet something chronic! That's an epic amount of fail on one helmet!

As far as I'm concerned there's three real phases to any rebrand:

The logo - Downgrade (unless you pull the 120% high by 100% wide trick then I can see at least a few positives to it, but would probably still just prefer the original. As it is the old one wins hands down for me).

The Jersey - Upgrade, I wasn't to fussed with their last effort, this one I think could have been really pretty smart had they not insisted on the all the outlines on the numbers. Pick gold OR teal and go with a single outline and this jersey even with the "shiny" bits is a serious upgrade over what they had last year.

The Helmet - Well I hated the teal/black flip paint job they used to have, and of all the Jags traditions they had to keep why did "worst helmet" in the NFL have to be it? There was a time when I thought the Jags helmet was perfect, then they messed with it, and like a dog going back to it's own vomit they've messed with it some more... only instead of having ONE helmet with TWO paint jobs what we have now is ONE helmet with HALF a paint job!!!!!!!!!! I honestly thought I couldn't hate a helmet change more than the one the Jags pulled last time... Oh boy was I wrong! SMH.

9ersstevesig.png

I was without internet yesterday so I'm just now seeing these Jag uniforms for the first time.

barfing_pumpkin_by_swirlyman-d31w7pi.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The idea behind the helmets could have worked had they used either the original helmet logo (the one the car company nixed) or the "stalking jaguar" sleeve logo. But a "jaguar on the hunt into the shadows" thing doesn't work when it's just a giant head floating over the fade. Had they used a full-body jag and done the fade just right this could've been spectacular.

Sadly, they didn't. :D

Original.jpg

I applaud the innovation that Nike and Jaguars took with these uniforms. I do disagree with Nike's idea of having all 3 (Jags, Phins, Vikes) uniforms displayed together as all three are completely different styles (Vikings = traditional, Dolphins = simple, Jaguars = cutting edge). This makes the Jaguars uniforms look somewhat ackward. I'm not saying the new Jaguars uniforms are great by any means, but I think the haters should withhold judgement until we see these uniforms as a whole on the field on Sundays. I think these cutting edge uniforms for the Seahawks and Jaguars are still light years better than what we've seen with the Falcons, Cardinals, and previous Vikings.

"Ackward" is an outstanding summation of what Nike and the Jags have done here.

Overall, this mess isn't as disjointed as Seattle'suntil you add in that helmet. I'd be surprised if they make it out of preseason.

They'll "make it out" just fine. Not everyone has such dismissive knee-jerk reactions to everything different. As if they're going to give in to expected amount of idiots that scream "i hate it, go back to the way it was before!" whenever anything radical is introduced.

I think the moral of the story here is this: These are the new Jaguars uniforms. No matter how many of you complain about how ugly they are, they like them, and are unlikely to change them. If you are a Jaguars fan, and don't like them, I am sorry, and I'm sure they are too. If you aren't a Jaguars fan, and you don't like them, then who cares? You don't watch the team anyways.

Move on with your lives because the new uniforms are here to stay.

Welcome, boys. Nothing brings a bigger smile than a couple of 30-post newbs busting in like elephants in a china shop to "enlighten" us. Sure hope you stick around a while (and that you're more socially adept in person than you are here).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

image-12.jpg

Okay, this picture right here is giving me second thoughts about the helmet.

It actually looks great when the gold smoothly fades into the black. The lighting may have been giving us a bad insight on the helmet's appearance. With that said, I will have my final verdict, once I see how they look during games. That's the most important thing.

Yup. Sharpness of the claws and teeth.

Ahh ok. That makes me feel so much better about these now. Thought those were just Nike trying to be "revolutionary" again and they probably are, but are calling it claw marks because thats what Nike does. I can get behind it though because it at least makes sense to me now. The helmet still needs to burn though.

vrAWA3d.jpg

You can see the overspray. Terrible execution. This looks like the equipment manager got a bunch of gold helmets, then ran to Home Depot for several cans of matte black Krylon. That particular shade of black and the "thickness" of the coat almost makes it look like those heat-resistant spray paints that you use on barbeque grills and brake calipers.

I'm sure that gradients aren't that easy to produce on a real, 3-dimensional object, but this just looks bush league. Definitely not NFL caliber.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That looks more like a gold version of their old teal flake helmets.

Which is what most of us thought they might do. Not what we ended up getting in the end. Shame, that would have made a big difference. Still may have clashed with the black jersey though because of all the teal but we may never know now.

Here's how the official helmet graphic is depicted:

JacksonvilleJaguars_HRS0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Obviously not accurate compared to what was unveiled yesterday, but IMO - looks better.

Not that these helmets look better then a all black helmet but I like the one shown yesterday better then the helmet file you have. It looks copper and doesn't really match the uniform colors

Archived