New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a good looking jersey.

I wonder if there is an official paint style for the helmet, regarding the transition of the two paints. Or if each helmet is painted separately in its own unique way. Meaning varying places where the black meets the gold.

That wasn't great wording. I hope that makes sense.

90758391980.gif

Trust me I am not going anywhere either in fact I am getting mildly annoyed with some of the comments.

If I may presume to give a youngster some advice, you'll need to grow a thicker skin if some of these comments are annoying you.

Your team is going to be savaged from time to time (richly deserved, in this case), but that's not a personal attack on you and you should not respond as if it was. If somebody does attack you personally, then that's out of bounds and you should report it to a mod.

But vicious attacks on your team, its look, its city and everything else? Par for the course. We all end up on the receiving end from time to time. If you don't let them bother you, then you'll probably enjoy your time here a lot more. I know I have.

Has this been posted yet? The helmet looks much better in the sunlight:

GwrMQA4.jpg

In the sun the matte black-to-glossy gold transition looks, as someone in this thread mentioned earlier, like a half-finished hillbilly spraypaint job on a car.

To me, it looks like a Gold helmet that's been off-roading, and has mud in its grill.

I think somebody was wearing it too close to a bonfire.

Will there be a "Union Jax" patch in London instead of the Jags patch?

How many Brits even know where JAXonville even is?

How many Red Blooded Americans even know where JAXonville even is?

I am genuinely curious. Hopefully that map shortage a few years ago has been solved as we need to get those out to the public real quick.

If you're an American above the age of 18 and you don't know where Jacksonville is, you're a dumbass. Simple as that.

It's near Orlando correct?

is it just me, or do we have a disproportionately large number of jaguars fans on this forum?

It ain't just you....something about new logo/uniform announcements and unveilings just seems to bring all the closet fans/n00bs/#teamtrolls up out the woodwork.

In this case, prior to this change first being announced, for the longest time Island_Style, Claystation360, ANGELCAT-IDA (I think), and Brian in Boston were the only real established, bonafide Jaguars fans most of us vets knew about. I don't doubt (in fact I know) several other genuine Jaguars fans eventually found their way to these boards and/or had been lurking in the shadows (!) and finally decided to emerge.

The problem, though, is that at the same time lately this place has been overran with what seems to be the bottomfeeders/n00bs/#teamtrolls from the espn.com comments section, which in my mind has directly led to about some of the absolute dumbest and mind-numbingly immature/idiotic commentary this place has seen in my six or seven years here.

(Oh and...if anyone wants any further evidence of the n00b/#teamtroll thing, just look at some of the usernames that have popped up around here lately.)

I started lurking here after I found this place on a lark when the Seahawks uniforms were unveiled. A friend told me about it.

Decided to register and slowly take a bigger part around here, since I mostly come to check up on the news. :)

Most of the folks here are pretty cool.

HA! I didn't even think about that. It does look like an ARMY patch i've seen on TV. I'm sure there's a few Naval units that use something like it though?

Marine and USN patches tend to be circular or ovoid. They also tend to use blue and red more for reasons of "duh". Individual ship patches/crests also follow those rules, although modern ones tend to be very "busy" (for reasons of trying to shoehorn as many symbols in as possible.)

The Jaguar fan population will dwindle soon enough with everything released. Soon it will just be me and maybe two others you have to deal with. I'm harmless for the most part. I just have to scratch an itch every now and then.

Ive been lurking since the beginning. Im not going anywhere. Ive told alot of Jags fans on Twitter about this forum. You think some people here are bad go to the offical team messageboard

That was bad. Don't do that. In fact, that is good advice for everyone here.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if there is an official paint style for the helmet, regarding the transition of the two paints. Or if each helmet is painted separately in its own unique way. Meaning varying places where the black meets the gold.

Im wondering the same. The different amount of black/gold on each helmet looks stupid. The ones the players used yesterday were about 45% black 55% gold. Blackmon's was about 30/70 same with the one in the outside pic. The helmet looks even worse in the sunlight. The black looks grey. Im trying so hard to like these things.

It made perfect sense to me. Heck, that helmet in the sunshine on the table looks like the spray can was aimed a little high at the crown, creating a black pseudo-stripe.

Im trying so hard to like these things.

Please try to understand where many of us are coming from regarding this helmet (not just you, but any Jaguar fans). Here you are admittedly TRYING SO HARD to like it. Since the Jaguars aren't my (or other's) team, can you understand how easy it is for us NOT to like it?

Echoing Gothamite, this isn't a personal attack -- but something that a non-Jaguar fan isn't necessarily inclined to TRY to like.

It's where I sit.

It made perfect sense to me. Heck, that helmet in the sunshine on the table looks like the spray can was aimed a little high at the crown, creating a black pseudo-stripe.

Please try to understand where many of us are coming from regarding this helmet (not just you, but any Jaguar fans). Here you are admittedly TRYING SO HARD to like it. Since the Jaguars aren't my (or other's) team, can you understand how easy it is for us NOT to like it?

Echoing Gothamite, this isn't a personal attack -- but something that a non-Jaguar fan isn't necessarily inclined to TRY to like.

What do you mean? Of course I can see why you guys dont like it. Im not one of those people that get mad when people dont agree with me or talk about my team. MOD EDIT

I am genuinely curious. Hopefully that map shortage a few years ago has been solved as we need to get those out to the public real quick.

If you're an American above the age of 18 and you don't know where Jacksonville is, you're a dumbass. Simple as that.

I just know it's in Florida (Northern maybe?) and doesn't have a beach right?

I just know it's in Florida (Northern maybe?) and doesn't have a beach right?

Does have a beach. Orlando is the one without, being in the central part of the state.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

GwrMQA4.jpg

From the side, the front of this helmet looks gray or gunmetal. In the frontal shot it looks black. Weird.

It's near Orlando correct?

It's much closer to Georgia than Orlando...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

GwrMQA4.jpg

In the sun the matte black-to-glossy gold transition looks, as someone in this thread mentioned earlier, like a half-finished hillbilly spraypaint job on a car.

To me, it looks like a Gold helmet that's been off-roading, and has mud in its grill.

1. 'HA!' to the comment above

2. This seems to make a strong case for utilizing a regular semi gloss black shell as opposed to the matted treatment they decided upon

What do you mean? Of course I can see why you guys dont like it. Im not one of those people that get mad when people dont agree with me or talk about my team. MOD EDIT

Yes - you understand how others don't like it. Certain fans of the team don't seem to be that open, and have taken it as a personal affront that I (or others) think the helmet looks bad. I'd say we're on the same page. [knuckle bump]

It's where I sit.

Archived