New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

I predict this helmet will be so universally hated that it will be changed to all gold at the first opportunity.

I predict the general audience (especially the younger crowd) will love this look on the field and we will have copy cats in the league.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been a convoluted, fabricated, BS reason for the shiney material on top of the shoulders from Nike yet? I've heard of fly wire, I've heard for the chain male, is this like the new hyper zero drag lighter than air penguin skin inspired fabric that makes uniforms 0.005% lighter, and allows player to cut through the air like a Mach 5 jet?

Or is it just another crap design brick in this friggin massive 5hit wall that the Jaguars are wearing?

That joke was clever and original.

I don't get why people hated their last set so much. They were simple, modern, and unique. I feel like I'm the only person who like them. What a downgrade the new ones are.

I dont think their last set was bad but had really no visual appeal.

Their originals were great & bottom line they should have never deviated from those very much.

I'm actually in agreement with Nuordr on this one. For an extremely modern design, it's pretty easy on the eyes (although I'm not a fan of the superfluous 'JAGS' patch). From the knees to the neck, I'd call it a significant upgrade over their previous set.

But that HELMET. Woof.

Sigs are for sissies.

I don't get why people hated their last set so much. They were simple, modern, and unique. I feel like I'm the only person who like them. What a downgrade the new ones are.

The design idea was great, especially the helmets.

The execution by Reebok was horrendous...the inconsistent piping and number sizes from player to player killed it. It was a lot like the Colts' shoulder striping debacle.

87Redskins.png

Here's how the official helmet graphic is depicted:

JacksonvilleJaguars_HRS0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Obviously not accurate compared to what was unveiled yesterday, but IMO - looks better.

This just reaffrims my long standing belief that there's no place for gradients in football! That might be "gradientist" or "gradiphobic" but I dont care so far I've NEVER seen a gradient look good on anything football related and I stick by that sentiment.

Also you'd think they might have shown that graphic to the poor spray-monkey who painted the helmets cos not only do none of the helmets match, they also dont match the graphic which has the agle of the fade going completely the other way, by that I mean the point the fade stops on the graphic is around 11 o clock while on the actual helmets it's anywhere from 1 to 2 o clock depending on which helmet you see.

If they'd just gone for one or the other, black OR gold, this set would have been a dramatic upgrade, but their indecision over which to go with looks like EXACTLY THAT, the helmets look half finished! IMO it doesn't look "cool" or "clever" or like the Jag is "stalking from the shadows" or whatever. It looks like they couldn't make up their mind and it's half done, especially with the front being matte! It looks like the primer is showing! Nearly a week on I still cant believe they screwed the pooch so badly with the helmet... still SMH.

9ersstevesig.png

You know the old slapstick comedy bit where a scientist has something explode in his face, and when the smoke clears, he's stunned, and his hair is blown back, and his face is all sooty? That's the Jaguars' helmets: an experiment gone wrong.

I have seen several say a gold or black helmet would have worked but IMO the gold would look so out of place with this uniform because there is very little gold I could not see any combination work with a gold helmet.

Black was the about the only way to go except for the teal flake they had previous.

The uniforms at best are OK now & just a bit of an upgrade from before.

To me they are way to many elements that do not match anything else to make them more than passable.

I like gradients......but only when the two colors are close enough to where the transition doesn't look so jarring (and cheap). Arkansas' Red-to-Dark Red gradient looked great to me. Heck, I think a Dark Teal-to-Black helmet gradient would've been passable for the Jags. But Gold-to-Black? Come on now.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The all black helmet would have made these so much better. Maybe a teal/gold stripe if they were trying to be different. Im going to wait until I see them on the field before I start freaking out. The thing that bothers me the most is that the helmets have been inconsistent on the amount of black/gold. The ones with the more black look better but the fade needs to be done better aswell.

the teal needs to be the primary it looks so much better, and makes the black a special prime time uniform like it use to be. I like everything about he uniforms, except i think they should have gone with last helmet that is tealish in the light

Archived