New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

Take the gold off the helmet and it really isn't a bad looking uniform.

The helmet absolutely destroys this set. It's a shame, too; the new logo is fantastic, and the jersey/pants combo actually look fairly decent. The teal jersey could use white numbers, however.

The helmet should be black, teal flaked, or gold flaked. Definitely not solid gold.

*Edit: or half gold/half black...

qvAvG.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The uniforms aren't the most offensive football uniforms when you really get down to it. They're actually pretty simple when you get down to it. The helmet is a disaster.

A black gloss helmet with the new logo as big as you can make it would look really good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the abomination of a helmet is kind of overshadowing just how bad those teal sleeves are. They're just a chunk of teal for no reason. Doesn't fit at all with the rest of the striping. I'm usually not a fan of logo patches on sleeves, but those sleeves are crying out for some kind of logo to break up the teal.

Agreed. I can live with--or even come to like (!)--this set if the helmet were simply all black or black with flake, or if it were all gold and you had gold pants.

I wonder what the teal alternate would look like. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Jaguars will fix this one one way or another* in a year or two, just like many teams have apparently done with the toilet seat collar.

*Either with an all-black, all-gold, gold-(or teal-)flake, or--if the NFL does allow more alternates--maybe alternate helmets.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Jags need to update their mascot, now. I'm thinking a primered out El Camino, on blocks. Whenever they get a touchdown the thing will backfire.

The mascot is by far the best thing the team has going for them right now. He is the best in the league.

The Jags need to update their mascot, now. I'm thinking a primered out El Camino, on blocks. Whenever they get a touchdown the thing will backfire.

The mascot is by far the best thing the team has going for them right now. He is the best in the league.

He's a pretty solid golfer as well.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

That's really awesome. Its sad that every helmet is a downgrade from the previous though.

I don't get all the love for the silver helmet, it isn't like it would look good with any of their uniforms, silver is nowhere in any of their uniforms, so a silver helmet would stick out like a sore thumb worse than the :censored:ty helmet they have today

That's really awesome. Its sad that every helmet is a downgrade from the previous though.

I don't get all the love for the silver helmet, it isn't like it would look good with any of their uniforms, silver is nowhere in any of their uniforms, so a silver helmet would stick out like a sore thumb worse than the :censored: ty helmet they have today

Well the uniforms the silver helmets were introduced with had silver, and presumably they'd use silver elsewhere if they had kept that helmet.

I got my new helmet today to add to the collection.

image-16.jpg

I just need the half body lawsuit helmet to complete the collection.

image-18.jpg

This really points out how much the new logo seems to be coming off the helmet in a weird 3D effect. I guess the designers may say that this is a feature, not a bug, but to me it takes away from the "helmetness" of the helmet.

"Jesus is for Losers" - Steve Taylor

I love the new logo. The helmet seems to fade better in the one that I have compared to the one the players have been wearing in OTAs. I personally like the one the players wear more. The one I have seems to be alot more gold. The more black on the helmet the better in my opinion.

image-16.jpg

image-18.jpg

This really points out how much the new logo seems to be coming off the helmet in a weird 3D effect. I guess the designers may say that this is a feature, not a bug, but to me it takes away from the "helmetness" of the helmet.

It also points out how the gold of the logo does not match the gold of the helmet. Man, I do not like that look at all. Give me a black metallic flake helmet over this any day of the week.

image-16.jpg

image-18.jpg

It also points out how the gold of the logo does not match the gold of the helmet. Man, I do not like that look at all. Give me a black metallic flake helmet over this any day of the week.

I could not agree more. The old logo blends in so much more on the black helmets. The new logo sticks out like a sore thumb to the point where it appears that someone just slapped a random cat decal on a random helmet and called it a day.

The side by side comparison just reinforces how horrible the new helmet is.

Lastly they were very lucky that silver helmet never took the field. First being the panthers also had silver and second being that the leaping jag is barely distingushable unless you are right in front of it. It just looks like an ink blob swimming in a sea of silver paint.

image-16.jpg

image-18.jpg

Wow, good call, those aren't even close!

The logo has 2 different color golds the gold color that you can barely see that runs just below the ear matches pretty close to the helmet color its just hard to see.

I've mentioned this before, but the Gold in the helmet decal uses a metallic color, which doesn't match the primary Gold in the helmet:

Helmet Mark (gradient isn't exact obviously):

JacksonvilleJaguars_HMK0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Official Team Colors:

JacksonvilleJaguars_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Archived