New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Train wreck, as predicted before this will have such a negative backlash they will change it quickly, with the under the table support of the NFL waiving all their time requirements.

Most casual fans love it. Its not going anywhere.

Am I the only one who thinks the pants are just as bad as the helmet? The design is heavily generic and...to use the word again, looks heavy. It's too blocky, uninspired. I couldn't imagine ever going to a drawing board and choosing that design over something more sleek, or even traditional.

Yeah, all we've ever gotten are vague statements like "the young people on Twitter love it!" and "casual fans love it!"

I'm sorry. It all sounds like Nike and/or Jaguars apologists trying to justify what is a train wreck of a helmet design.

Train wreck, as predicted before this will have such a negative backlash they will change it quickly, with the under the table support of the NFL waiving all their time requirements.

Most casual fans love it. Its not going anywhere.

Bahaha okay

Yet approval wins in every poll.

That's..........frightening. I mean good grief, if something that looks as bad as that helmet does gets approval from the general public, what's next?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Well of course it'll last five seasons. NFL bylaws and whatnot. Things aren't the same now as they were during the days of the 49ers' One Day helmets.

Anyway online opinion polls aren't exactly reliable for a number of reasons, but I will say the entire package isn't bad. The jerseys and pants go a good job balancing modern and subdued design. I'm a fan of the new look from the neck down as long as the avoid the all black monochrome look. The helmet's a HUGE misstep, but it's only part of an overall package. So votes in favour of the new look may not be entirely based on the helmet.

You know what's even odder? I only just noticed that they're using both golds on the jerseys. The darker one is in the numbers and they put the light gold in the collar/shoulder/necklace thing. Good lord, that's weird.

I'm looking into that...

Most of these "official" uniform specs use Nike custom fabric colors instead of Pantone values, and the results are a little confusing. For example, the Black and White uniforms all use what equates to the darker Gold for all of the collar, numeral and pant trim, but the Teal jersey is using the Light Gold for the collar detail.

I'm going to assume that this is an error in the Illustrator file. Too random of a color choice to be a deliberate design decision.

But then again...they DID decide on the gradient mess for the helmets.

Well of course it'll last five seasons. NFL bylaws and whatnot. Things aren't the same now as they were during the days of the 49ers' One Day helmets.

Anyway online opinion polls aren't exactly reliable for a number of reasons, but I will say the entire package isn't bad. The jerseys and pants go a good job balancing modern and subdued design. I'm a fan of the new look from the neck down as long as the avoid the all black monochrome look. The helmet's a HUGE misstep, but it's only part of an overall package. So votes in favour of the new look may not be entirely based on the helmet.

I don't think you have to wait 5 years for tweeks of that nature. And if the helmet isn't brining down the entire package, they aren't as bad as you people are making it out to be. You know, people trying to chase the helmets with pitchforks.

Am I the only one who thinks the pants are just as bad as the helmet? The design is heavily generic and...to use the word again, looks heavy. It's too blocky, uninspired. I couldn't imagine ever going to a drawing board and choosing that design over something more sleek, or even traditional.

I agree, the uniform has a bunch of issues beyond the helmet... the too large chest patch, the too plain teal sleeves, the paint-by-numbers pants, the stubborn insistence on making all-black the primary look. But that helmet is so over the top horrific, its hard to even think about the other stuff.

This reminds me of the old (and yes, stupidly sexist) bit about an average-looking girl surrounding herself with ugly friends while hitting the bars. That helmet makes you lose track of any uniform messes.

For the record, I was one of those who felt that the logo was a clear upgrade over the previous one. Now that the uniform has been released, I have to keep reminding myself of that.

it isnt as bad as some of you are making it out.

But it is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Most casual fans love it.

Prove it.

I don't know the statement to be right or wrong, but still. Prove it.

As a Jaguars fan who is on twitter and Instagram and sees every photo of the uniforms that get posted with the word Jaguars or Jags and all the comments that come along with them I would say a good 65-70% are positive with a few "Please make the helmet all Matte black!" thrown in there every now and then. Im not here to defend the uniform at all. I could care less if other people like them or not. I understand the problem that people have with the uniforms (especially the helmets) I like the uniforms but I would have made the helmet all black.

Archived