2013 NBA Playoffs

JMurr

if the Cavaliers are in fact making a serious play for LeBron next summer.

h0iOZ.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeBron may end up remembered as the better player, but Kobe's far more interesting. He played in Jordan's shadow at the beginning of his career and is ending in LeBron's. I don't know that he was ever considered unequivocally the NBA's best player (he's only won it once), but his career matches up better than most.

And Smush Parker is a chump!

Don't forget playing in Shaq's shadow during his prime, for a trifecta of tragedy. Kobe was the best player in the league in 2005-06 and arguably 2006-07, but overall, rough draw for the...guy...who...won five championships with the Lakers and...well...still.

The Denver thing will stick with Kobe forever, but I don't think you'll find many professional athletes in America who didn't achieve 100-percent consent at least once in their lives, sadly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

After celebrating 4/20 by smoking weed and watching his old team, the Knicks win, could Phil Jackson be interested in the Cavs job?

http://m.espn.go.com...38;top&wjb=

I think he might take it if they gave him complete control over the roster. He may even be willing to coach for two or three years as part of the deal, but I would still say the chances are pretty slim of that happening. There's at least a couple teams out there that could offer Phil a similar deal that he would take over Cleveland in a heartbeat, mainly Sacramento/Seattle.

I do think he will be back in the NBA before the start of next year in the front office for somebody. Coaching not so sure. If he does coach he's going to be his own boss, he's only going to do it for two or three years and will probably have a head coach in training helping him out as a high level assistant that will take over the team once he decides he's had enough coaching. He's basically looking for the same deal Pat Riley got in Miami and if your an NBA team with a GM opening or see your GM as being expendable there's no reason not to at least talk to Phil Jackson.

The only reason I would see Phil Jackson joining would be if the Cavaliers are in fact making a serious play for LeBron next summer. The prospect of Irving-James would be enough to get him out of retirement Im sure...

Wait a minute.....this LeBron "Decision, Part Two" is next summer? Oh jeez.....

They should really humidify those basketballs or else no defensive player will sign with them.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Can OKC decide on what kind of color-out they want to do already?

Because, for the love of G-d, having these blue-outs, then white-outs, then alternating blue/white sections, is just tacky as hell.

We had this conversation last year and determined that OKC are lovable bumpkins injecting much-needed heart into the NBA. And if you disagree, you're just bitter the Sonics are gone (which is, of course, mostly true).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Hawks supposedly wanted the matchup vs. Indiana by tanking resting their starters in the last couple games. Doesn't seem to be quite working out the way they expected.

I was hoping for a matchup with Brooklyn, myself. The Hawks should know that the Hamburglar doesn't show up for playoff games.

The Hawks supposedly wanted the matchup vs. Indiana by tanking resting their starters in the last couple games. Doesn't seem to be quite working out the way they expected.

I was hoping for a matchup with Brooklyn, myself. The Hawks should know that the Hamburglar doesn't show up for playoff games.

If a team is stupid enough to tank to play a better team then they deserve to lose in the first round.

Also Joe Johnson is a game time decision due to a foot injury. Brooklyn does not need a hobbled JJ in these next two games.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

If a team is stupid enough to tank to play a better team then they deserve to lose in the first round.

Also Joe Johnson is a game time decision due to a foot injury. Brooklyn does not need a hobbled JJ in these next two games.

I don't see a team that was tanking down the stretch, I just see a team that wasn't that good.

They were 11-15 from March on and if you look at their wins they getting fat on playing teams like Orlando, Washington minus John Wall, Sacramento, Charlotte and Detroit early in the year. That's why they came into the new year at 19-10. A third of their games came against those five teams. Granted you still have to beat them which they usually did, but against quality teams, Atlanta didn't play that well all year.

Looking at the roster this is a team that's probably have to get blown up after this year. Teague is the only guy with any real upside at this point. Everyone else is as good as they're going to get and what they are is an above average veteran team that's realistically no closer to winning an NBA title then the Bobcats.

Archived