2013 NBA Playoffs

JMurr

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Grizzlies awful 2-5 record vs. Los Angeles doesn't bode well for a series comeback.

I think the Grizzlies play with more heart than the Clippers, and they were a few terrible fouls and Chris Paul shot away from splitting in LA. It's still possible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Heart doesn't fully make up a difference in talent, however. The Clippers are a much more skilled (and deeper) team than the Grizz, and games like last night are very rare for Chris Paul. And, really, the Grizz still have to prove a lot to show they are over that series from last season, a series that they really had no business losing.

spacer.png

Heart doesn't fully make up a difference in talent, however. The Clippers are a much more skilled (and deeper) team than the Grizz, and games like last night are very rare for Chris Paul. And, really, the Grizz still have to prove a lot to show they are over that series from last season, a series that they really had no business losing.

Luckily, a more talented has never lost a playoff series because they were outplayed. In any event, that's why they play the games!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Luckily, a more talented has never lost a playoff series because they were outplayed. In any event, that's why they play the games!

Keep in mind that teams down 0-2 in series have a 54% all-time winning percentage in home game 3's. If the Clippers lose Game 4, then it's time to worry.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Russell Westbrook out of playoffs for at least two weeks? Meniscus tear. Set for surgery.

Word is that he could miss the rest of the playoffs. Huge blow to OKC's chances, and the West is officially wide open.

If losing Harden wasn't OKC's death blow in a Finals rematch against Miami, then not having Westbrook at 100% by that playoff round will be.

He'll probably back in 2 weeks, tops. Just in time for the latter half of the next round. This will barely affect OKC at all.

Westbrook is gone. This seriously hinders the Thunders efforts to get back to the NBA Finals. I think they'll lose to either the Grizzlies, Clippers or Spurs now.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Arguably the most pathetic playoff game I've seen the Lakers put out in a long time. I can claim that it was the Spurs being a well-oiled machine Poppovich intended on (as they always are past late-April), but at least show some efforts in the paint. The worst home playoff loss in LA Laker history, by giving up 61% shooting to the Espuelas, and their bench outscoring the LA bench 46-9. I cannot believe I was generous enough to have this series go 6 games; now this is making me look like a total idiot. I seriously want this season to end on Sunday, just so the Lakers can take their injuries, cut their losses and regroup for next year.

Interesting factoids:

-Only once have the Lakers been swept in their first playoff series (1967 West Division Semifinals against the San Francisco Warriors).

-Since the arrival of Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant, the Lakers and Spurs have met in the postseason 6 times (1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008). In all 6 times, each series has ended in Los Angeles. Bad omen for Sunday's Game 4.

1367037238388.gif

Best exemplifies the paths of both franchises. While the Lakers are a dumpster-fire of "Anaheim Angels/Winnipeg Jets" proportions, the Spurs know their style, know the game plans, and their players are as cool and calm as fresh cucumbers.

The Lakers just played Darius Morris 37 minutes in a playoff game. Their absolute best-case scenario this playoffs was to win a game. Given their injuries, I think it's just fine they'll get swept. They'll be back.

The Lakers just played Darius Morris 37 minutes in a playoff game. Their absolute best-case scenario this playoffs was to win a game. Given their injuries, I think it's just fine they'll get swept. They'll be back.

This.

We had our 3rd string backcourt out there. We had no chance. Thank god I had work tonight so I didn't have to watch this slaughter.

Either way, the Lakers will be fine. We'll recover in the offseason and become the team we all thought they'd be.

Best exemplifies the paths of both franchises. While the Lakers are a dumpster-fire of "Anaheim Angels/Winnipeg Jets" proportions, the Spurs know their style, know the game plans, and their players are as cool and calm as fresh cucumbers.

Jesus man, I don't even know... I just don't... The Lakers are akin to the Angels and Jets just because we've had ONE mediocre season this year? Teams around the league WISH they've had a franchise like the Lakers with what, missing the postseason 6 times and 16 titles plus countless NBA Final appearances.

It's just one mediocre season ravaged by injuries. Any team that has their starting 5 each miss significant portions of the season would struggle as we did.

It's like you aren't even watching the same team, consistently blowing things out of proportions and making everything so dramatic. Similar to what you do in the NHL thread acting like you're a lifelong Kings fan even though you've only recently followed them because of the Stanley Cup run (like I did, but at least I'm not pretending to have followed Kings hockey before last postseason.)

Jesus man, I don't even know... I just don't... The Lakers are akin to the Angels and Jets just because we've had ONE mediocre season this year? Teams around the league WISH they've had a franchise like the Lakers with what, missing the postseason 6 times and 16 titles plus countless NBA Final appearances.

It's just one mediocre season ravaged by injuries. Any team that has their starting 5 each miss significant portions of the season would struggle as we did.

It's like you aren't even watching the same team, consistently blowing things out of proportions and making everything so dramatic. Similar to what you do in the NHL thread acting like you're a lifelong Kings fan even though you've only recently followed them because of the Stanley Cup run (like I did, but at least I'm not pretending to have followed Kings hockey before last postseason.)

Yeah...unemployment after college graduation will free up so much time. My profile was created in early 2011, but even as far as this past January, I didn't achieve 500 posts, since I was wrapping up my undergraduate adventures.

But this whole crushing economy around me (SoCal is one of the worst markets for a recent-graduating civil engineer to find employment) has severely sidelined me from finding work, so I've been more active on these boards. It's kind of like saying that the CCSLC family has been a comforting group of people to turn to, when trying to avoid the scary economic world out there for this brave 23-year old.

And for the record, I am a glass half-empty person. I can be objective, but thanks to this high paced, social-technological world, part of me thinks that any kind of woe will be amplified, including the fates of my teams. Maybe when I reach my 30s and 40s this will change; I'm fairly new to this game the rest of you CCSLC people have been playing.

Archived