New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

Has the arched collar and pant wordmark been pointed out?

Uniform Script (Collar and Pant Wordmark)

Untitled1.png Untitled2.png

Wordmark

Miami_Dolphins_WMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB222222222222.jpg Miami_Dolphins_WMK0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

I think the arched effect has to do with how the graphics are displayed in the official guide.

They're supposed to represent the curvature of the pants. And, they're arched in the opposite direction for representing the usage on the collars.

The word mark is so unimaginative! They could of taken a combination of the work mark used recent and/or 70's with a twist of modernization

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I really like this helmet...

459118_10151447780324611_273161944_o.jpg

Awesome.

That's a nice shot as it shows how the logo flows/fits on several different helmet shells (Revolution, Revo Speed, and Air XP). My main complaint with the Dolphins new look is the orange stripes don't show very well except in extreme close ups.

I'm underwhelmed with the new uniforms. Of the various versions, I think I prefer the all-white uni the best. I like the aqua jersey the least.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Can someone please explain to me what the Dolphins were going for with the new logo? Seriously. I'm not a designer or logo/branding expert like many of you are. Did they feel the old logo was too corny and outdated with the dolphin wearing the helmet? With the new logo, were they going for something more serene/peaceful, since it's a dolphin? (As opposed to some angry dolphin, which would be odd.) I'm just trying to wrap my head around the new logo and the rationale behind it. Thanks all.

I think you just described exactly why they probably did it.

The old logo was indeed corny and outdated. The new logo is indeed more serene and peaceful but I'm not sure it solves the underlying issue that they continue to have with the logo: The combo of teal dolphin and orange sun burst on white helmet just ain't working.

Its dull, boring, and unimaginative. They should have scrapped the entire look and started from scratch; taking advantage of the beautiful shape of the dolphin and creating something more sleek and flowing across the helmet. They attempted to do something like that with this logo but they simply didn't have the balls to let go of the past and take it to a new place. This is why it looks like what it does now. Its a mish mosh of two ideas. Sad because it could have been great.

I'm kind of split on the new look.

The only problem I saw with the old logo was that it was too dark. Had they done a lighter version of the same logo I think it would have looked fine.

That being said I think the new uniforms did a great job keeping the look clean and simple. No orange alternates, no all teal look, no crazy fonts or striping. Just a very simple uniform that the Dolphins could have easily introduced 25 years ago.

20-02098-Y.jpg

look how much better it would look with a bigger orange outline

drool.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The helmets look better than I expected, BUT a teal facemask would've been a better choice than white and from a distance that orange stripe gets lost on the white background. Navy-orange-teal-orange-navy would've worked better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived