New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

clean, simple look. posters on here should be happy.

Not quite as good as the Vikings, but so much better than the Jags it's not funny.

I disagree. We knew the Jaguars were going to be a clownfest, but aside from the helmet, it's not as bad as expected. Plus, they had a terrible look to begin with. The Dolphins just basically faded all the colors, stripped the unis down, and removed all character from their uniforms. I mean, at least the Jaguars were going for something. The Dolphins uniforms are completely uninspired.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the stripes need some white in them to break up the colors. The aqua and teal bleed together and you cant even see the orange. I think that would do a bit to make the orange more visible, and I know this has been said before but that shoulder logo is way too small.

On the white jersey, the front and rear numbers are aqua/blue/orange, the shoulder numbers are aqua/orange, the player names are aqua/blue, and the team wordmark is aqua/white/orange.

That is awful, awful design. And Nike did it with the shoulder numbers again. This is their thing now, and it's incomprehensible.

Yup... Seattle, Jacksonville AND Miami all have different color systems for the large numbers vs. the TV numbers. It's most definitely a choice. I don't like it either, but I'd be interested in hearing exactly why they're doing it.

This is untrue. Miami is using the same outline treatment on the shoulders as it does on the chest and back. The NOB is outlined strictly in the blue, however.

Miami-Nike-Elite-51-Uniform-Shoulder-Detail-2_large.jpg?

At the risk of this turning into another blue/black or gray/khaki spectacle, I thought the darker area was merely the stitching on the aqua top layer. Guess I'll need to see the shoulder numbers at a closer/straighter angle to be certain.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

tempDENX5420--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

Now that I have a clear view of the full uni sets, I hate how orange is nearly obselete just about everywhere.

They just don't look like the Dolphins anymore. Just a lesser franchise that uses a bland teal & white color scheme.

Really? Because this has looked like every single last one of their prior uniforms....Would you rather them go modern instead of traditional like they have always been? Orange has never been THAT blatant in our color scheme as you guys are making it out to be..

or better yet, compare ALL of their previous sets to this and tell me if it still doesn't look like the Dolphins

You obviously have not looked at the last uniform have you. The orange was much thicker & really popped now everything looks boring.

I am happy they don't look like clowns but very uninspired look here.

The helmet is the worst hit because from most of the pics you can barely see the orange on the stripe

The number font is the worst of the bunch those ones are awful.

temp_MG_4359--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Still looks like the Dolphins to me

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

jrFUfqn.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the "cutie mark." ;)

Seriously though, this element is a lot better than I expected in a sense that I was expecting it to be more like Juicy butt text. I'm much more content with Miami on the back of the waistband. It at least adds a bit of orange.

Have you even seen "My Little Pony?"

Strange mark in the butt area. I wouldn't question me in that regard, actually. ;)

These unis are fresh but they just don't fit Miami. I mean, I'm cool with them associating the city with all-white, but I think that being "Miami" means having pops of color. They had a great palette to work with, but the jersey just feels reserved and cheap. Maybe it could work somewhere else, but not Miami.

jrFUfqn.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the "cutie mark." ;)

Seriously though, this element is a lot better than I expected in a sense that I was expecting it to be more like Juicy butt text. I'm much more content with Miami on the back of the waistband. It at least adds a bit of orange.

Dam, I was gonna call it cutie mark but yah beat me to it. But I really dont know why you need the name of city on the butt its not really needed and hard to see from TV.

lalakers_sig.png

tempDENX5420--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

Now that I have a clear view of the full uni sets, I hate how orange is nearly obselete just about everywhere.

They just don't look like the Dolphins anymore. Just a lesser franchise that uses a bland teal & white color scheme.

Really? Because this has looked like every single last one of their prior uniforms....Would you rather them go modern instead of traditional like they have always been? Orange has never been THAT blatant in our color scheme as you guys are making it out to be..

or better yet, compare ALL of their previous sets to this and tell me if it still doesn't look like the Dolphins

You obviously have not looked at the last uniform have you. The orange was much thicker & really popped now everything looks boring.

I am happy they don't look like clowns but very uninspired look here.

The helmet is the worst hit because from most of the pics you can barely see the orange on the stripe

The number font is the worst of the bunch those ones are awful.

Still looks like the Dolphins, but there is considerably less orange than there has been previously. That amount of orange would take these from boring to very nice.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Teal pants with teal socks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It used to be using three color numbers with the lightest color separating the two darker colors was all the rage (think original jags #'s), but now using your lightest color on the outside while your darker colors touch is all the rage (see Chargers' whites, Jaguars new whites, Dolphins new whites).

I guess I like them and they still look like the Dolphins to an extent, but they abandoned the three separated stripes look they've since forever. They were one of the first teams to do that and they owned it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Awesome that Marino's uniform has the detail his original uniform use to.

The mismatching eras with Marino is rubbing me the wrong way. That's the early 80s pants with the late 80s jersey.

Also I have a question about Jason Taylor. Did they cover the Reebok logo? I see the Wilson logo on marino's pants.

Marino's looking at Jason Taylor like he can feel him farting on his leg or something.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The mismatching eras with Marino is rubbing me the wrong way. That's the early 80s pants with the late 80s jersey.

Also I have a question about Jason Taylor. Did they cover the Reebok logo? I see the Wilson logo on marino's pants.

New set needed more orange, I'm amazed with Sunlife being shared facility with Miami that orange wouldn't have been feature as much if not more than before. As someone said they look like the Jaguars without all striping.

Archived