New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

That Dolphin stripe (if it exists) is probably a navy blue that appears black to someone who doesn't think about color and/or design as much as we do. I can't tell how many times I've had the conversation where somebody mentions, say, the Bears' "black" helmet (or the Yankees' "black" hat, etc...) and I'll correct them, just to get that "whatever" look from them.

honestly, i dont get why people care so much if its black or navy. like in the carolina uni thread, some people were saying how great it was, and then as soon as they found out it was black, they were like this looks like :censored:.

They have precedent for navy as a Carolina blue accent, but replacing that with black is as unnecessary as you think the difference between the colors are.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Dolphin stripe (if it exists) is probably a navy blue that appears black to someone who doesn't think about color and/or design as much as we do. I can't tell how many times I've had the conversation where somebody mentions, say, the Bears' "black" helmet (or the Yankees' "black" hat, etc...) and I'll correct them, just to get that "whatever" look from them.

Hell, even the Yankees' website (as of a few years ago) mentioned the famed "black pinstripes" in talking about their uniform history.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Cowboys have black on their sleeves on their white uniforms.

I thought that was navy as well?

Looks black to me because if it's navy, it doesn't match any other navy on the uniform

It was black. I owned a Deion Sanders jersey back in the day (my mom thought it was Barry), and it was definitely blue stripes with black outlines. I think I wore that jersey only when Dallas beat the Eagles.

Cowboys have black on their sleeves on their white uniforms.

I thought that was navy as well?

Looks black to me because if it's navy, it doesn't match any other navy on the uniform

It was black. I owned a Deion Sanders jersey back in the day (my mom thought it was Barry), and it was definitely blue stripes with black outlines. I think I wore that jersey only when Dallas beat the Eagles.

Geez, like no underwear or anything? Hope you at least kept the blinds closed.

:D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I don't think its black or navy on the stripe, I think its the same color as the underbelly of the dolphin logo (darker aqua).

I don't think its black or navy or even dark aqua. I think its aqua and orange, but if its anything its the dark aqua/aqua blue thats in the logo

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I don't think its black or navy on the stripe, I think its the same color as the underbelly of the dolphin logo (darker aqua).

I'm pretty sure you aren't in the minority. This is the only thing that makes sense based on everything else we've seen; there has been no black, and with two blues in the logo already, I can't imagine them adding a third (navy) just for the helmet/uniforms. I'd put money that it looks just like the stripe pointed out on the website earlier in this thread.

The more I look at that leaked image it looks pretty clear to me that the helmet stripe is teal (or aqua or whatever) with black stripes on either side and a thin orange stripe on the outside of the black stripes. Can't say that I love the idea, but the orange would make sense to me and help unify the look a little more.

The more I look at that leaked image it looks pretty clear to me that the helmet stripe is teal (or aqua or whatever) with black stripes on either side and a thin orange stripe on the outside of the black stripes. Can't say that I love the idea, but the orange would make sense to me and help unify the look a little more.

It can't be black. This is ridiculous. It will likely be the same color as the belly of the dolphin, which, coincidentally, also looks black in that photo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

yeah its 55. its the same pic of the helmet posted above. Again, I was told this was an early version of the uniform. The updated version I got didn't even have orange in it, so it could be Dolphins are going back to this early design. Ben Volin says Helmet: All white, white facemask, new logo, thick aqua stripe from front to back with orange trim on both sides

Does not mention black

also in the pic. the pic, the name plate is Aqua lettering with black/blue outline

Wow, the line weights in the different parts of the number look really strange. I'm guessing its the back of a 55 jersey. If so the 5's look really top heavy and long. Not to mention that it looks like there's some black in there.

I think it might be the angle that makes it look funky, but we'll see Thursday I guess.

That said, it makes little sense for that to be black. I'm still inclined to think that's the darker blue from the logo.

Archived