New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tempDENX5420--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

Now that I have a clear view of the full uni sets, I hate how orange is nearly obselete just about everywhere.

They just don't look like the Dolphins anymore. Just a lesser franchise that uses a bland teal & white color scheme.

Really? Because this has looked like every single last one of their prior uniforms....Would you rather them go modern instead of traditional like they have always been? Orange has never been THAT blatant in our color scheme as you guys are making it out to be..

or better yet, compare ALL of their previous sets to this and tell me if it still doesn't look like the Dolphins

You obviously have not looked at the last uniform have you. The orange was much thicker & really popped now everything looks boring.

I am happy they don't look like clowns but very uninspired look here.

The helmet is the worst hit because from most of the pics you can barely see the orange on the stripe

The number font is the worst of the bunch those ones are awful.

temp_MG_4359--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Still looks like the Dolphins to me

I love how Dan is wearing the 1991 Jersey, 1984 Pants, and the 2013 Gut.

I think that's an 05 gut, pre Jenny Craig era.

Can we blame Jennifer Lopez?

Smh, those taco flavored kisses.

Fix it with three tweaks:

1. Thicker orange outlines.

2. Move the wordmark to below the number, on the jersey.

3. Sublimated sunburst in the numbers

Why would you want the dolphins word mark on the player's stomach?

I think he's talking about the tramp stamp?

Even so, that would still be a worse look.

jNTsTyQ.png

The new jersey wordmark looks like it belongs on a team of 12-year-olds that uses the Dolphins' logo.

What about this idea as homage to the old set? I don't like sleeves that just use the helmet logo so why not take the "M" off the old logo dolphin's helmet and make that the sleeve logo? Do the wordmark in that font...that would work.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

They look like a Super High Impact Football team instead of an NFL one. The direction and choices makes sense, but to me, it feels a little underdeveloped. Like, yeah, they have aqua, orange, custom numbers and clean lines, but it's just a little too retirement community and not enough of-the-moment. Everything feels so soft and corporate, but in a Shady Hills way, not a Trump Towers way.

The helmet logo is nice, but again, the edge (and whimsy) is gone. It's a football uniform that looks more in place at a day spa more than an NFL field. Makes sense given the snowbird market, but not so much the pro football one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Does anyone have a side view of the new aqua pants?

MiamiDolphins_PLV0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Here is a real life shot of the pants. Also, are you able to post the full set of graphics? Would be neat to see all of them.

tempG--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

The orange stripe on the actual pants is NO WHERE near as thick as the one in the drawing.

The orange stripe on the actual pants is NO WHERE near as thick as the one in the drawing.

Same measurements for both sets of pants:

MiamiDolphins_PantStripes_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

EDIT: Original pic had right side stripes reversed...might need to refresh browser to see correction.

EDIT: Original pic had right side stripes reversed...might need to refresh browser to see correction.

Okay, I'll concede that point. So what is making the orange so less prominent on the actual photo? distance? use of colors on fabric?

Okay, I'll concede that point. So what is making the orange so less prominent on the actual photo? distance? use of colors on fabric?

I think distance but also how the stripe is on the aqua background in that pic above makes the orange less visible.

They did not do themselves any favor by adding the blue because it muddies the picture.

If anything a thinner stripe of the blue with a thicker orange would have worked well.

Archived