New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, let us look at all the possible combos here... yet to be seen what combinations will actually be worn.

jVO1Rh8.jpg

sjeJQku.jpg

tD61KDY.jpg

KqLGnMr.jpg

The whites have a minor error- the cuff trim is solid white, no aqua.

My files show White cuffs.

I'm not sure where canzman gets his graphics (canzman - you're a licensee, correct?) - certainly they're official (I can vouch), but the stuff I receive don't have shoe graphics in them...and, I've noticed some slight discrepancies amongst some of the things he's posted. Weird though.

hopefully Nike can get them some cleats that match better. There shoes look almost red in this pic and the orange trim in the rest of the uniform looks like that sickly Tennessee orange: Screen-shot-2013-04-30-at-11.33.48-AM.png

It's dumb that the players can't even wear the uniforms the correct way (when they are supposed to be fined for wearing it wrong) to the uniform unveiling. Instead, we have guys with socks under their knees and their pants cut above the knee. That's sloppy and it looks like crap, whether on the field or at an unveiling.

That being said, it's a damn shame that the Dolphins let players' terrible uniform violations influence their design. The aqua/navy socks are terrible. There should be white striped socks to pair with those pants, just like in the past few sets. However, seemingly half the players in the league just wear colored tights with ankle socks over them, and another big portion wears 2 or three pairs of socks hiked up to varying lengths. The Dolphins knew that players didn't like having to wear actual uniform socks, (to correct specificiations, anyway), so they made these socks. Players will either wear aqua crew socks over navy tights, or wear aqua tights with essentially a navy dickie over their knees. This looks terrible and sets a worse precedent. Tell the players what to wear and fine them if they refuse to wear it. It's that simple.

*calmly sits and awaits dennisbergman tirade*

OldRomanSig2.jpg

hopefully Nike can get them some cleats that match better. There shoes look almost red in this pic and the orange trim in the rest of the uniform looks like that sickly Tennessee orange: Screen-shot-2013-04-30-at-11.33.48-AM.png

There is a navy on the socks in the picture of the white jersey. Do they have to pairs of socks or did the player add this himself. It does solve the problem of having pants and socks of the same color.

From @J_Martin71 Jonathan Martin twitter:

BJGi777CUAAt_S_.jpg

Am I seeing a pearl white? Looks almost like an opal stone or a Cadillac White.

It did seem like the helmets at the reveal did shine REALLY well in sunlight

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

There is a navy on the socks in the picture of the white jersey. Do they have to pairs of socks or did the player add this himself. It does solve the problem of having pants and socks of the same color.

See my post above. They designs the socks to have navy at the top. They did that because most players don't wear the socks correctly (if at all). Some players will wear solid aqua socks pulled over navy tights, and others will wear aqua tights with navy socks just covering their knees. Hell, others will just wear solid aqua or solid white, because it's the NFL and YOLO, or something.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Players could just wear white tights and then white crew socks with stripes on the top.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Players could just wear white tights and then white crew socks with stripes on the top.

Yeah, but it's not about wanting to wear tights, it's just about wearing the socks incorrectly for the hell of it. The problem is that a lot of the players just refused to wear team issue socks correctly. There are six types of incorrect socks, by my estimation.

1) Guys who wear solid color socks with no white, usually featuring multiple pairs of same-color socks, coming to various heights.*

2) Guys who wear multple pairs of socks coming to various heights, but with an couple inches of white at the ankle. *

3) Guys who wear colored tights with ankle socks over them

4) Guys who wear their socks below the knees, sometimes with tights showing underneath (sometimes team color, sometimes black)

5) Guys who wear their socks hiked way up, so only 1-4 inches of color shows at the top of the white

6) Guys who wear solid black or white socks regardless of team colors.

*sometimes this look is accomplished by wearing a pair of socks over the knee, coming halfway down the calf

#6 is obviously the worst, and the NFL has supposedly pulled players aside and told them they wouldn't be allowed back on the field without the correct socks, but it still happens, and wouldn't be impacted by them wearing these instead of white striped socks. For #5, those guys would probably wear colored socks instead of the striped ones, just because. Maybe they'll wear socks with navy at the top for this look. #3 would probably just wear solid-color white tights instead of the madatory striped socks. With these new socks we're going to have some guys wearing navy tights with aqua ankle socks, some guys wearing aqua tights with navy ankle socks, and it'll still be a freaking mess. Basically, 3, 5 and 6 are going to look like terrible and grossly different from team specs regardless of the team wearing colored or striped white socks.

#1 and 2 in striped socks result in players showing two or more sets of stripes, so this look will avoid that. #1, 2 and 4 are who I think they were aiming at with these socks, as the players could just wear one pair of navy socks (or navy tight) going above the 1-2 pairs of aqua socks.

In summation - these socks were a half-assed effort to say "they're going to wear the uniform wrong, we we might as well steer into the current and design them poorly so it looks like they are wearing it the right way. However, the look will still be all over the place, guys will still wear solid color socks in either aqua, navy, white or black, and I will still bitch about it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

See my post above. They designs the socks to have navy at the top. They did that because most players don't wear the socks correctly (if at all). Some players will wear solid aqua socks pulled over navy tights, and others will wear aqua tights with navy socks just covering their knees. Hell, others will just wear solid aqua or solid white, because it's the NFL and YOLO, or something.

I believe they actually did it for when the team wears aqua pants, to minimize the leotard effect.

I believe they actually did it for when the team wears aqua pants, to minimize the leotard effect.

Correct, but they did this instead of the conventional method of having striped white socks for the reason I mentioned.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived