Jt0323

New Dolphins Uniforms

Can someone please explain to me what the Dolphins were going for with the new logo? Seriously. I'm not a designer or logo/branding expert like many of you are. Did they feel the old logo was too corny and outdated with the dolphin wearing the helmet? With the new logo, were they going for something more serene/peaceful, since it's a dolphin? (As opposed to some angry dolphin, which would be odd.) I'm just trying to wrap my head around the new logo and the rationale behind it. Thanks all.

It's pretty common for teams with whimsical logos to have a period of embarrassment in which they want something more "dignified" or "serious" or whatever. I'm thinking the Sabres, the Penguins and their robo-penguin, the Brewers moving to navy, the Astros moving away from the orbiting baseballs and bright colors.

I think it's a shame, and the teams were diminished in all those cases. Fortunately, the teams eventually came to agree with me, more or less.

I really like the Dolphins' new set, except for the unfortunate logo.

Can someone please explain to me what the Dolphins were going for with the new logo? Seriously. I'm not a designer or logo/branding expert like many of you are. Did they feel the old logo was too corny and outdated with the dolphin wearing the helmet? With the new logo, were they going for something more serene/peaceful, since it's a dolphin? (As opposed to some angry dolphin, which would be odd.) I'm just trying to wrap my head around the new logo and the rationale behind it. Thanks all.

it's hard to say without being involved with the process but i do think it was time to rebrand the team. change the positioning (brand), and move forward. to let the past be the past. they are no where near the franchise they were in the 70s or even with Marino. their logo was outdated conceptually and almost aesthetically. i think we're coming to an end with the heavy layered illustrated logos. (look what Nike and Fraser have done this year in CFB. much simpler style)

i dont like the logo or anything about the new identity except for the beautiful new color palette. still, i can appreciate the bravery of the new direction. it's definitely unique in the NFL. they didn't build an identity that says "aggresive, mean, muscle flexin' football team". it's still the same personality its always been i think, but it's very modern and forward thinking. the style is definitely feminine to me and it does look like a cruise ship identity, but if that's going to work anywhere it's Florida. its not something i'll ever like, but it might be something that grows on their fans. and that's good enough

New lids in action are looking good!

tempBANC9507--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I don't like that the orange in the helmet stripe is virtually invisible in this (and any far away) pictures. I wish it was bigger, and was the colour of the pants.

Orange pants would look amazing.

I disagree. Not with a white helmet and the aqua jersey. If the helmet is not the darkest part of the uniform, at least two of the major components of the uniform need to be the same color or it just does not look good in my opinion.

I should have made myself more clear, but I was talking about with the white jersey. It looks good for the Miami Hurricanes, it follows your two components theory (white helmet, white jersey), and it would give a refreshing change from white pants all the time (and aqua on occasion).

Orange pants would've been nice IF they removed the dark aqua outlines and just had orange around the helmet stripe, pants stripe, and numbers.

37030_10151448651179611_316065142_n.jpg

Orange shorts look out of place with the helmet not having enough orange in it. I'm sure orange pants would look even worse.

Only draw back to the dolphins are the oarnge that lacks. The uniform and the HD agua as im calling it really pop out as a nice set. Out of all the teams I thought the Dolphins would be my least favorite but in the end after seeing the jags & Viks. The Dophins have the best overall set in my opinion.

The more I see of the new logo the less I like it. Take the helmet off the dolphin, revise and/or recolor, whatever, but they should have retained the old dolphin's position (or pose if you will).

The more I see of the new logo the less I like it. Take the helmet off the dolphin, revise and/or recolor, whatever, but they should have retained the old dolphin's position (or pose if you will).

that's my biggest issue about the new logo. i dont think it has a good flow on the helmet, and it dosent occupy a strong space on the helmet.

The helmet stripe is what kills it for me. They need to make the orange stripe bigger.

So, every numeral in the set has one rounded corner, except for the 0 and the 8, which each have four rounded corners.

That is stupid in multiple respects.

So, every numeral in the set has one rounded corner, except for the 0 and the 8, which each have four rounded corners.

That is stupid in multiple respects.

You remember about two or three years ago, and shoot even earlier last year, when so many around here were denouncing Reebok's NFL designs and just about every Nike fanboy up in here kept clamoring for Nike to come in and take over—then got all geeked out once the partnership was announced?

Well...this is what we got.

If piping and zip-lock jerseys was Reebok's stamp on the NFL, these ramdom weird crazy number jobs appear to be Nike's. And if the Jaguars and Vikings are any indication, so will matte satin-finish helmets.

Just an early observation.

I think the problem, when people clamored for Nike to do the NFL, was that they wanted Nike Soccer to do the NFL.

Sounds about right.

Oh, how good that would have been. We would have ended up with more Vikings and less Seahawks and Jaguars.

Orange pants would look amazing.

They would if the jerseys and helmets had actually utilized orange instead of restricting it to the thinnest possible outlines.

I don't like that the orange in the helmet stripe is virtually invisible in this (and any far away) pictures. I wish it was bigger, and was the colour of the pants.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Agreed their new set does not have enough orange. These orange shorts just ridiculous with pretty much none on their upper half.

White helmet, bright aqua jersey, bright orange pants? Wow, I can't think of anything worse.

I can....purple jerseys and purple pants!