New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

Quick and dirty of what we're expecting for the Dolphins helmet.

1YeXH8U.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at that leaked image it looks pretty clear to me that the helmet stripe is teal (or aqua or whatever) with black stripes on either side and a thin orange stripe on the outside of the black stripes. Can't say that I love the idea, but the orange would make sense to me and help unify the look a little more.

It can't be black. This is ridiculous. It will likely be the same color as the belly of the dolphin, which, coincidentally, also looks black in that photo.

Relax. Not sure if you are jumping down my throat or just airing your grief in general but FWIW I could swear ColorWerx had mentioned that he saw the official color style sheet and black was indeed in the mix.

The more I look at that leaked image it looks pretty clear to me that the helmet stripe is teal (or aqua or whatever) with black stripes on either side and a thin orange stripe on the outside of the black stripes. Can't say that I love the idea, but the orange would make sense to me and help unify the look a little more.

It can't be black. This is ridiculous. It will likely be the same color as the belly of the dolphin, which, coincidentally, also looks black in that photo.

Relax. Not sure if you are jumping down my throat or just airing your grief in general but FWIW I could swear ColorWerx had mentioned that he saw the official color style sheet and black was indeed in the mix.

Nope. These are the only colors listed as official by the Dolphins (so far, anyway):

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

It's black.

Yep...Black.

Always has been as well...we had a debate about this a while back, but every official document, logosheet and digital file I've ever seen (and that's a whole bunch) shows Black.

In reference to my CWX confirming a black color for the Dolphins...I didn't realize he was talking about the Cowboys. My bad.

No, not directed at you. While all this speculation is certainly entertaining at times, it's really sad to think about all the wasted hours of peoples' lives that have gone into it. It used to be, "we'll see it when we see it, and then we'll pass judgment." It seems like there's much more conjecture and blind dissection than there used to be, but I'm probably imagining that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You ain't imagining it, Harry—I've been seeing things trend that way around here myself—and for a good while.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No, not directed at you. While all this speculation is certainly entertaining at times, it's really sad to think about all the wasted hours of peoples' lives that have gone into it. It used to be, "we'll see it when we see it, and then we'll pass judgment." It seems like there's much more conjecture and blind dissection than there used to be, but I'm probably imagining that.

I really appreciate the clarification. I didn't think you were directing it at me but I just had to check. I totally see where you are coming from though; I've read about 100 different so called "insider" descriptions of the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings unis...its making me crazy.

I really appreciate the clarification. I didn't think you were directing it at me but I just had to check. I totally see where you are coming from though; I've read about 100 different so called "insider" descriptions of the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings unis...its making me crazy.

Exactly, and for what? To "know" what something might look like before the general public does? Nike sure does know how to drum up interest out of thin air. That's a testament to them. They are good at what they do, whether you like what they do or not.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

THERE BETTER NOT BE NO GOT DAMN GREY FACEMASK ON DER

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There won't; it's been confirmed to be white.

WAT

WHITE FACEMASKS ARE STUPID, THEY SHOULD BE GREY

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There won't; it's been confirmed to be white.

WAT

WHITE FACEMASKS ARE STUPID, THEY SHOULD BE GREY

Yeah, next you will say they need to be red because why not add another color to the uniform that is not there. White facemasks at least conform to the the overall look of the uniform and grey would just mess it up. However, as I am typing this, I am getting the feeling that you are screaming ("all caps") about this point and maybe trying to provoke people like me.

spacer.png

. However, as I am typing this, I am getting the feeling that you are screaming ("all caps") about this point and maybe trying to provoke people like me.

iBFTU28.gif

But really, the absolute bloodlust that irrationally sprays everywhere when "Grey Facemasks" enter the discussion is absolutely hilarious. Everybody looks catty as hell when that breaks out.

twitter

. However, as I am typing this, I am getting the feeling that you are screaming ("all caps") about this point and maybe trying to provoke people like me.

iBFTU28.gif

But really, the absolute bloodlust that irrationally sprays everywhere when "Grey Facemasks" enter the discussion is absolutely hilarious. Everybody looks catty as hell when that breaks out.

There are two things that I despise and the community pretty much knows what they are, in case you don't they are: 1) gray facemasks on a team without gray as one of the primary colors, and 2) plain pants. That is why I am hating on the Dolphins this year because if the rumors are correct and they go with plain white pants it is going to be a shame because their all-white set from last year was the best looking away uniform in the league in my opinion.

spacer.png

Archived