Sign in to follow this  
lancebridwell

Tampa Bay Rowdies concept

Thanks to HarperK for the template, first and foremost!

This is my first attempt at a soccer template, so don't go too hard on me haha!

C&C is always appreciated!

2eull79.gif

I really like the simplicity of the striping, could we see it with the black number/name outlines green so that it matches the sponsor on the front?

I wanted to do that, but I figured if I went the MLS route a black outline was a necessity, but I prefer that idea myself, soI'll change it up!

350patc.gif

Very nice for your first concept. The Rowdies' current kits try to stick to the old NASL look as much as possible, but I see nothing wrong with mixing thing up a little. I was thinking of doing something close to this for my Rowdies concept, in fact. Only thing I don't like, not really your fault, is the crest. The wordmark is classy and timeless, but just a word isn't enough for a soccer club. These guys need a symbol. Some way to convey who they are and what they stand for without having to spell it out. If you aren't up for that, though, that's understandable. Not sure how well you are at making logos...

I can try, I'm just not all too familiar with what makes a soccer crest a soccer crest. Any ideas?

The best crest I've seen for the Rowdies is from Micheal Taylor. He did a Rowdies crest in an Italian vertical oval style. The Rowdies script just seems to flow with the oval shape.

Rowdies.png