A-League Redesign

raysox

I thought I said it before, but I guess I didn't. My friend from Brisbane is helping me with locations. He's a huge Roar fan and figured that hems be a good person to follow.

I just didn't want arguments over cities to become what this thread is. Central Coast will be up later tonight!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood.

I like the Adelaide darker Blue makes it stand out a bit more.

Perth's ball in the origianl looks more 3 dimensional than yours but i like how yours does not exit the shield

Last thing don't forget Wellington Phoenix.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Adelaide United

tumblr_mlomy3J2gl1qe2dhgo2_r1_500.png

I guess I'm not seeing the need for the slanted shield as it was in the original. With the text lined up with the slant of the top of the shield, it looks kind of odd. I see you are just following the original shield shape, but why bother? It gives a bit too much white/empty space on the right. See what it looks like squared up as a normal shield.

@fumbler

Eh, I dropped Wellington. I wanted to make the league an All Australian league, due to the special rules they make for Wellington. It just seems easier, and there is a league in New Zealand.

@davidrpage

I felt like Adelaide had a good idea going, but no direction and done wrong. I just wanted to use the unique shape, and the rainbow streaks and the shape give it sort of a motion look.

Central Coast Mariners

My 3rd A-League rebrand, this time the newly crowned champions. I wanted to put the logo entirely into a circle, so I ended up with a yellow and navy circle. I used powder blue as another color in addition to the main two. Instead of the wave, I put an anchor. On the kits, I did a look similar to Ajax, because the kits they have now reminded me of them. Finally, an all white clash.

tumblr_mlsi0mT41s1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

tumblr_mlsi0mT41s1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

A few things I don't like on the Mariners set:

• The EST and 2004 on the crest looks odd. I am assuming the EST is left aligned against the left point of the anchor and the 2004 the right. I personally think it would be better suited having them both center aligned in the space they fill, maybe adding a stop symbol to the EST to increase its width.

• The pale blue in the crest does not feature anywhere else. It would be nice to see some on the uniform or omit it from the crest/make white or yellow.

• I am not a massive fan of yellow on white without an outline (kappa logos). However I feel if they were blue, it would be too much blue overall so not sure on how to actually improve it.

These are only really minor points. In general, I love everything you have done so far on these redesigns and look forward to seeing more.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The Mariners' kit isn't yellow enough. Their fans are quite insistent that they are a predominately yellow team rather than a predominately blue team.

Not feeling the Glory set... they've always been a bit 'out there' with their designs and it all seems a bit conservative?

liverpool-1.png

You're dropping a team in the league?

Would you drop Toronto from a MLS design?

In your CCM clash set the CCM logo isn't centered on the Stripe is this on purpose?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Completely different. Canada doesn't have a major professional league. New Zealand does. There is a French League, Italian League, Korean League, Brazilian League, etc all with teams in their own country. That is why this will be an all Australian league. I want control of my own damn concept series.

Amen brother...Do what you want

On the design side of things, here are my two cents...

Adelaide...Really like the subtle blue change, thickened border, and adjustment to name layout. One point of question, for me, would be the ball itself. You have a dynamic name header, then a dynamic rainbow striping, but the ball is static. If there was someway to give it a little motion I think it would be perfect. Also as a super nit picky thing, maybe try removing the blue border on the right side behind the rainbow striping so it looks like a streak coming over into the badge...just a thought...

Perth...Solid upgrade, if anything maybe take the ball from Adelaide and bring it down into the design or give it a little shading or depth. Love the Home kit, that logo on orange and the darker tone striping looks great.

Central Coast...Again love the color adjustment. I think I get a little thrown off by the "Est 2004" just because the logo is so symmetrical but that part isnt...As stated above, I think I'd also like to see some of that light blue sneak into the jersey somewhere, makes a great contrast with the rich navy and golden yellow.

Solid start!

Adelaide:

Not really feeling this. I don't much like their current, either, and I don't think yours solves any of the problems with it. I think you could come up with something much cooler if you blew it up and started with your own ideas.

I dig the Fruit Tingles look, but Aussies are weird about sports crossing over (meaning: don't do it!).

Perth:

I like this a lot. I love the sun ball. I love that their kits in your setup don't completely suck, like every kit they've had the last few years.

...however, I don't like that you've eliminated the purple/white stripes. In fact, I see an opportunity for the bottom part of their crest: Drop the year and put purple/white vertical stripes in that space instead. Then use that for their home kit and make the away something a bit more bright, like their orange.

Central Coast:

Speaking of orange, that yellow is way too orange. It really needs to be a much brighter yellow to retain their colors. I like the general idea of the crest, but it feels much too basic; feels like it's missing something. Maybe an homage to their current (not good) spiral?

As for the problem with "Est 2004", I'd drop the Est and make it 20 | 04.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ah, thanks guys. I'm gonna do what I always do, and get through the concepts, then go back. I can think of a few minor tweaks for the teams already posted. Until then however...

Newcastle United Jets

The crest was a difficult upgrade, because the colors don't work together on how I normally go about logos, with the darker colors always making outlines. I did what I could, and just tried to clean up the look.I adjusted all the colors a little to try and make them pop. On the kits, I kept the vertical Barcelona looking striped kits on the home, but used white pants. The clash is a old version of their home, because gold is unique to the league and stands out.

tumblr_mlw4v3wSTZ1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

tumblr_mlw4v3wSTZ1qe2dhgo2_r2_1280.png

Completely different. Canada doesn't have a major professional league. New Zealand does. There is a French League, Italian League, Korean League, Brazilian League, etc all with teams in their own country. That is why this will be an all Australian league. I want control of my own damn concept series.

NZ Premier soccer league is actually a Championship based League it changed from a club League to a County representative League in 2004

No need to get upset about it, there are plenty of Concepts that others do that are realistic and this is what i thought you may be aiming towards.

As there is very few Australian concepts on these boards it would be ideal to do it properly.

The reasoning is that you have failed to pick up on the simple things like Adelaide unable to use the Ticolours of the Crows AFL, and being named the REDS, or Newcastle United being owned by the Knights NRL owner thus being blue and red the gold was their original A-League colour. The Black and white clash was to show their tie to the EPL Newcastle club.

The rays on the Glory logo have nothing to do with the sun it is in fact a tribute to the ANZAC badge which is slightly changed.

But ultimatley it is your descision.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

The reasoning is that you have failed to pick up on the simple things like Adelaide unable to use the Ticolours of the Crows AFL, and being named the REDS, or Newcastle United being owned by the Knights NRL owner thus being blue and red the gold was their original A-League colour. The Black and white clash was to show their tie to the EPL Newcastle club.

The rays on the Glory logo have nothing to do with the sun it is in fact a tribute to the ANZAC badge which is slightly changed.

Not sure where you got that info from Fumbler, but apart from Nathan Tinkler owning the Jets and the knights, none of that information is correct.

Newcastles red and blue are traditional colours of the Necastle areas sporting teams, and the black and white is to represent the northern NSW leagues whos representative teams traditionally wear those colours.

Perth's logo has nothing to do with the ANZAC badge, and is a representation of the sun over Perth.

And Adelaide do use the tri colours, they just preferred to utilise red over blue and yellow.

A quick Google search confirms the crest has nothing to do with the ANZAC.

It was felt the name 'Perth Glory' had broad appeal and a sense of history. The sunburst in the crest (logo) is characteristic of Perth in summer while the orange and purple colours were chosen in contrast to the more traditional combinations.

Thanks to Eamonn McDonnell, Web & Merchandising Manager at Perth Glory SC, for the above crest and information.

Source: http://www.footballcrests.com/clubs/perth-glory-sc

Not sure where you got that info from Fumbler, but apart from Nathan Tinkler owning the Jets and the knights, none of that information is correct.

Newcastles red and blue are traditional colours of the Necastle areas sporting teams, and the black and white is to represent the northern NSW leagues whos representative teams traditionally wear those colours.

Perth's logo has nothing to do with the ANZAC badge, and is a representation of the sun over Perth.

And Adelaide do use the tri colours, they just preferred to utilise red over blue and yellow.

Exactly, isn't it wonderful to have the right info. :)

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

• 2 months later...

Archived