2013 NFL Draft

CS85

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would define a reach as such: putting a positional need above overall skill. Like:

Player A (not a major need, low number taken already): player grade - 90, team positional need - 4 = 94 <- better pick

Player B (position of need, high number taken already): player grade - 75, team positional need - 9 = 84 <- reach

There were players significantly ahead of Long on the board, IMO, hence the reach label :)

---

Speaking of reaches, :censored:ING Darius Slay... really? I never expect good picks in the second, anyway. Lions always suck it up this round (Titus Young, Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama Francis, Gerald Alexander, Jordan Dizon, etc.)

...and Manti Te'o is officially a San Diego Charger.

tumblr_lcciysus2I1qzv306.gif

tumblr_mftlyby7k51s1hg0zo1_400.gif

The fact that San Diego traded up seven spots with the Cardinals show how more unbelievable this pick was. I can remember a short time ago, in an NFL not so far away, where the Chargers did another trade-up in the draft (Ryan Leaf).

The fact that San Diego traded up seven spots with the Cardinals show how more unbelievable this pick was. I can remember a short time ago, in an NFL not so far away, where the Chargers did another trade-up in the draft (Ryan Leaf).

Also, the Chargers traded up for Ryan Mathews a couple years ago. Yeah, trading up has really worked out well for them. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Scratching my head at the Gavin Escobar selection at #47 for Dallas. I guess, we're getting into a 2-TE league, and you need 2 good pass-catching TE's to be successful...

They have been trying to run "12" personnel for six seasons (Garrett as OC and HC) and have never done it very well.

Drafted Marty B in 2008, John Phillips in 2009, and James Hanna last season who essentially the same player but faster.

The Honey Badger is taking his talents to South Arizona.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Man, the 213th NFL draft is sure shaping up to be a great one, isn't it?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow, Matt Barkley may fall out of the 3rd round. Has anyone ever made a bigger mistake by staying at college than him?

Looks like the Rams only looked at West Virginia's wideouts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm starting to think Millen still holds the keys to the second round for whatever reason. I don't understand the Slay pick at all. If we wanted Warford, go for him in the 2nd, and get a WR that we obviously need in the 3rd. Allen, Wheaton, and Bailey are all guys I'd love to see in Honolulu Blue -- but instead we took a CB with like a 4th round grade in the second, an OL with a 1/2 grade in the 3rd, and now we're left with table scraps for the 4th (if Patton falls to us at the end of the 4th, it'll be a miracle).

I mean, we wasted our 4th this year to move up to get Tahir Whitehead (forever a backup), and we drafted 3 CBs in 2012. Why waste another pick this year reaching for a CB? I hope I'm wrong, but Slay's film looked pretty crappy.

Archived