Sign in to follow this  
CS85

2013 NFL Draft

...and Manti Te'o is officially a San Diego Charger

tumblr_lcciysus2I1qzv306.gif

tumblr_mftlyby7k51s1hg0zo1_400.gif

I would define a reach as such: putting a positional need above overall skill. Like:

Player A (not a major need, low number taken already): player grade - 90, team positional need - 4 = 94 <- better pick

Player B (position of need, high number taken already): player grade - 75, team positional need - 9 = 84 <- reach

There were players significantly ahead of Long on the board, IMO, hence the reach label :)

---

Speaking of reaches, :censored:ING Darius Slay... really? I never expect good picks in the second, anyway. Lions always suck it up this round (Titus Young, Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama Francis, Gerald Alexander, Jordan Dizon, etc.)

...and Manti Te'o is officially a San Diego Charger.

tumblr_lcciysus2I1qzv306.gif

tumblr_mftlyby7k51s1hg0zo1_400.gif

The fact that San Diego traded up seven spots with the Cardinals show how more unbelievable this pick was. I can remember a short time ago, in an NFL not so far away, where the Chargers did another trade-up in the draft (Ryan Leaf).

The fact that San Diego traded up seven spots with the Cardinals show how more unbelievable this pick was. I can remember a short time ago, in an NFL not so far away, where the Chargers did another trade-up in the draft (Ryan Leaf).

Also, the Chargers traded up for Ryan Mathews a couple years ago. Yeah, trading up has really worked out well for them. :rolleyes:

Scratching my head at the Gavin Escobar selection at #47 for Dallas. I guess, we're getting into a 2-TE league, and you need 2 good pass-catching TE's to be successful...

Scratching my head at the Gavin Escobar selection at #47 for Dallas. I guess, we're getting into a 2-TE league, and you need 2 good pass-catching TE's to be successful...

They have been trying to run "12" personnel for six seasons (Garrett as OC and HC) and have never done it very well.

Drafted Marty B in 2008, John Phillips in 2009, and James Hanna last season who essentially the same player but faster.

Eddie Lacy!!!!!!!

Eddie Lacy!!!!!!!

Eddie Lacy's going to be a good RB for Green Bay and should finally give some stability for them at that position.

LSU corners. Makes sense.

Wow, Matt Barkley may fall out of the 3rd round. Has anyone ever made a bigger mistake by staying at college than him?

Looks like the Rams only looked at West Virginia's wideouts.

Apparently Belichick is trying to draft the entire roster of a 9-4 Big East team that lost to mediocre Virginia Tech in their bowl game.

Looks like the Rams only looked at West Virginia's wideouts.

They took Bradford to Morgantown to throw to the WVU receivers.

I'm starting to think Millen still holds the keys to the second round for whatever reason. I don't understand the Slay pick at all. If we wanted Warford, go for him in the 2nd, and get a WR that we obviously need in the 3rd. Allen, Wheaton, and Bailey are all guys I'd love to see in Honolulu Blue -- but instead we took a CB with like a 4th round grade in the second, an OL with a 1/2 grade in the 3rd, and now we're left with table scraps for the 4th (if Patton falls to us at the end of the 4th, it'll be a miracle).

I mean, we wasted our 4th this year to move up to get Tahir Whitehead (forever a backup), and we drafted 3 CBs in 2012. Why waste another pick this year reaching for a CB? I hope I'm wrong, but Slay's film looked pretty crappy.