thegame4219

2013 Draftees Uniforms and Numbers

I kinda like it when players wear lesser-used numbers. I'm a big fan of defensive linemen with numbers in the 60s and 70s, for example. Every now and again, there'll be a linebacker with a number in the 70s, too.

I kinda like it when players wear lesser-used numbers. I'm a big fan of defensive linemen with numbers in the 60s and 70s, for example. Every now and again, there'll be a linebacker with a number in the 70s, too.

Recently? I thought the LBS were limited to 50-59 and 90-99.

I suppose if one of those are taken then a 70 or 40# can be issued.

Recently? I thought the LBS were limited to 50-59 and 90-99.

I suppose if one of those are taken then a 70 or 40# can be issued.

Defensive ends are allowed to use numbers in the 70s. If a team were to move that defensive end To linebacker then he could still use that number in the 70s.

Yeah, I dig that, too. Didn't the league recently make 40-49 fair game for tight ends and H-Backs, too?

Yeah, I dig that, too. Didn't the league recently make 40-49 fair game for tight ends and H-Backs, too?

Running backs could always wear numbers in the 40s. As for TEs, not sure, but alot of them play FB/drafted as one and kept the number. (Cooley, Walker, etc)

i always hated the number restrictions.

especially when guys like deion or pacman are allowed to lineup at WR in 21 or 32.

if a running back wanted to wear #2, couldn't they just list him officially as a QB, and then only line him up at HB? that's why the rules are silly. in this day and age, they're pointless.

Yes.

From ESPN's obituary for Brad Van Pelt:

Van Pelt wore No. 10 in college and then with the Giants, although that was not a number linebackers were supposed to wear.

"They were supposed to give me a number in the 50s or 90s," he said. But I was also a backup kicker in college, which I also was my rookie year with the Giants.

"They said, 'the league might give us a problem, but we'll give it to you as a kicker that happens to play linebacker.' It helped my career. I started to get to be a better linebacker and I started getting noticed a little more with that number. They couldn't forget it. 'Ten' just doesn't belong out there on defense. It was a lucky number for me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3916311

Redskins:

CB David Amerson: 39

RB Jawan Jamison: 47

LB Brandon Jenkins: 57

S Bacarri Rambo: 29

TE Jordan Reed: 86

S Phillip Thomas: 41

RB Chris Thompson: 35

I don't know what's the bigger disgrace - that this screen-printed thing costs $99, or that they even sell these in this cut considering the Eagles don't even wear it, or that they sell jerseys of 4th round picks that may never even take a snap.

37-03866-Y.jpg

When Brian Bosworth first joined the Seahawks, he wanted to continue wearing his #44 from Oklahoma. The NFL said no, he tried the angle of saying he was coming in as a defensive back who played linebacker, but the NFL still rejected him. That's why on his original "Land of Boz" poster, he's wearing #44 with the phrase "Monster D.B." over it.

the New York Football Giants have issued their rookies the following jersey numbers.....for now

OL- Justin Puh # 72

DT- Johnathon Hankins # 74

DE- Damontre Moore # 79

QB- Ryan Nassib # 9

S- Cooper Taylor # 30

OL- Eric Herman # 78

RB- Michael Cox #29

The Champs posted their rookie #'s

First Round: S Matt Elam, No. 31

Second Round: LB Arthur Brown, No. 59

Third Round: DT Brandon Williams, No. 98

Fourth Round: OLB John Simonicon-article-link.gif, No. 47

Fourth Round: FB Kyle Juszczykicon-article-link.gif, No. 40

Fifth Round: G/T Rick Wagnericon-article-link.gif, No. 71

Sixth Round: DE Kapron Lewis-Mooreicon-article-link.gif, No. 67

Sixth Round: C Ryan Jensenicon-article-link.gif, No. 77

Seventh Round: WR Aaron Melletteicon-article-link.gif, No. 80

Seventh Round: CB Marc Anthonyicon-article-link.gif, No. 36

the New York Football Giants have issued their rookies the following jersey numbers.....for now

OL- Justin Puh # 72

DT- Johnathon Hankins # 74

DE- Damontre Moore # 79

QB- Ryan Nassib # 9

S- Cooper Taylor # 30

OL- Eric Herman # 78

RB- Michael Cox #29

I'm glad you specified you were talking about the football team in the NFL thread. Some people may have had to ask if that was for the New York Baseball Giants or the New York Football Giants if you had not been so descriptive.

They have no chance against the Washington Football Redskins this year.

go :censored: yourself Buster!....cant wait til your redskins have to change their name jerkoff

go :censored: yourself Buster!....cant wait til your redskins have to change their name jerkoff

Chill out dude. The guy was only joking. I actually got a good chuckle out of the comment he made.

That's the team's actual name: The New York Football Giants. As opposed to the New York Baseball Giants, who moved to San Fransisco in 1958.

Read up before you start bashing people.