See Page Two for Updates.

It took me a while to complete this series but I am finally ready to share. If anyone from the forums recognizes my name then you have been on here for a while now. I originally posted a topic called the Heritage Hockey Series were I matched up each NHL team and made a concept for each team to wear, somewhat like what the NHL does with the Winter Classic. This time around I just designed a new look for each team, only home sweaters though, the idea for this series is to focus on alternate/secondary designs. Some of my concepts I like enough I will most likely make a white sweater to go along with its color sweater and then share here. Enough intro bull, on to the concepts.

Anaheim Ducks

First up we have the Ducks concept. This one actually took me quite some time to design. There were about 5 different concepts I tried and none I really liked. I wanted to use a black and orange color scheme, I hate their colors now and their alternate jersey is the only one I like. I kept it simple with this one, because everything else I didn't like.

Boston Bruins

I really enjoyed working on this Bruins concept. I've always thought a yellow uniform for the Bruins would be a cool addition to their jerseys. Kept the same logo and a similar idea to what they have as their home and road jerseys. This is a bit of an update over my first concept I made for the Bruins back in the day. Edit: I added a white circle behind the spokes on the logo.

Buffalo Sabres

This Sabres concept might look unoriginal to some of you. With the word of Buffalo getting rid of their current alternate sweater I took a crack at it and came up with this. The stripes are a bit different compared to what they have no but the idea is still there. I didn't yello out the name plate like they have now, I think that looks bad. Edit: I changed the middle stripe from yellow to white.

Calgary Flames

This concept took quite some time to figure out what I wanted to do. I looked at everything they have now and couldn't settle on a design until I started to look at older hockey teams from Calgary and saw the Calgary Cowboys jersey. That is what I designed this concept off.

Carolina Hurricanes

For the Hurricanes I wanted to do a black jersey, but not completely black like what they have now so I added in a bunch of red to the design.

Chicago Blackhawks

I've always liked the Blackhawks alternate jersey they had back in the day, loved that black jersey and sad to see it gone. I wanted to make my own black jersey for the Blackhawks and looked at that jersey. I thought coping it was to easy and not creative, so I decided to make a black version of their home jersey. I also looked back at my heritage concept I made way back and used ideas from that. I originally had white instead of vintage white but I was not a fan of that. So with this concept I used the vintage white.

Colorado Avalanche

For my Colorado concept I looked at the Quebec Nordiques and really liked their jersey. I decided to make a more modern look for them and then slapped the Avalanche logo on top. I changed the color a bit to something I think would look nice on the ice. Edit: I changed the white pants to blue, made the socks white with blue stripes and changed the bottom of the sweater. There is now a white stripe at the bottom instead.

Columbus Blue Jackets

This is one of my favorite concepts I made, and one I will most likely design a white version for completing a set. I think their current uniforms are bad, and their logo is the only thing I actually like about their jerseys. I used more red and not the ugly dark red they have, a brighter more colorful red.

Dallas Stars

I don't know about anyone else but I really dislike the Stars using black uniforms, it looks so bad! I really like them in green. This is a near identical concept as my original Stars concept for my Heritage Hockey series I posted a few years back. The only difference is the size of the points of the huge star that lays over the jersey. Note you can't see the whole star. Edit: I added white stripes in-between the black and gold.

Detroit Red Wings

Detroit, what was I going to do to Detroit and not ruin it. That was difficult, you be the judge if I ruined it or not.

Edmonton Oilers

Edmonton was quite difficult to work with, I tried an orange jersey with blue and white stripes and that didn't work. I tried a full thick orange stripe from the left hand up the arm over the shoulder and down the right arm and I didn't think that looked good. I tried a bunch of things. I got this idea from a jersey they used from 2007/08 - 2009/10.

Florida Panthers

This is another revamp of a jersey I designed for my heritage series back in the day. I did change the color of the red making it more of a darker red than it was. I updated the stripes and added more color to it. This is another jersey I potentially will make a white version and complete he set.

Los Angeles Kings

I know there are quite a few of you who do not like the Kings in black and white, but I honestly like it better than the purple and yellow. I made this as simple as I could. This is again another revamp of my heritage jersey I created. Edit: I added some silver to the concept so the silver from the logo didn't look too out of place.

Minnesota Wild

This is a mix of the North Stars and the Wild. Personally I really like the green and red the Wild use, but I like the green and yellow even better. Yeah it might be similar to the Dallas Stars, but the Stars in my concepts have a more gold color than yellow so it works. Another design I may make a white version. I may also make a version with red instead of the yellow. That is up to you guys if you want to see it.

Montreal Canadiens

Just like the concept for Detroit, how could I not mess up a jersey for Montreal? I took a really simple approach to it, small stripes and lots of maroon. Plus the white pants, I think that's what makes me like this concept.

Nashville Predators

Since Nashville is already yellow, why not make a blue concept? That was my plan here. The idea for this concept took a while to form, but those lines you see across the chest and arms, those are supposed to be strings, probably from a Bass Guitar, since there are only 4 "strings".

New Jersey Devils

For New Jersey I took a look at combining the Devils and the Whales into one concept. If you can recall what the Whales green jerseys look like you might be able to see where I got my idea from.

New York Islanders

The Islanders were a bit difficult to create a jersey for. I looked at some of the crazy colors they used in previous jerseys. I wanted to use quite a few of them and also keep it looking neat.

New York Rangers

The idea for the Rangers concept came from the New York Americans jerseys. I dulled down the crazy that the Americans had and made it a bit simpler. This was another jersey that was in my Heritage Hockey series.

Ottawa Senators

Ottawa was fun, I wanted to do something neat and not too crazy. I drew ideas from the Ottawa 67's and the Ottawa Nationals for this concept.

Philadelphia Flyers

This concept was based off of the Philadelphia Quakers, lots of black stripes on an orange sweater. I got rid of the white in the logo and kept it a two color design.

Phoenix Coyotes

The Coyotes were somewhat of a pain to deal with, I originally had a concept that was like the original Winnipeg Jets but didn't really like it. I tried to use one of those Aztec looking patterns they had but couldn't create a design that I liked. This is my final version, I am done trying to make a Coyotes concept for a while.

Pittsburgh Penguins

This Penguins jersey was designed off the Pittsburgh Pirates hockey team, a team that was also named the Philadelphia Quakers. That is why you may see a resemblance between my Flyers and Penguins concept.

San Jose Sharks

For my San Jose concept I wanted to see more orange, I like the teal and orange in their jerseys. I decided to make a teal version of their black jersey and added the stripes across the lower portion of the jersey.

St. Louis Blues

The idea for this jersey was taken from the blue jersey the Blues used from 67-73, I did some adjustments and tried to make it different than the other jerseys I already created. This was originally yellow, and that started to burn my eyes so I changed it to blue. This is another jersey I may make a white version of.

Tampa Bay Lightning

I wanted to make a black jersey of the Lightning's jerseys, I had to add in blue to the design because it just looked weird all black and white.

Toronto Maple Leafs

This jersey isn't really unique for the Maple Leafs, I moved the stripes a bit and made them vintage white instead of white. Might be boring looking but I like it. It was a lot better than the jersey I first made. Not even going to talk about that one.

Vancouver Canucks

Why is there not more green in the Canucks jerseys? This is my solution to that issue. Edit: I moved the white stripes so they were up against the green stripes.

Washington Capitals

I would like to see a blue jersey to go along with the Capitals red and white jerseys. This is a completely different look than what they have now.

Winnipeg Jets

This is a throwback to the original jets, similar stripes and also more red. I was thinking about making a red version of what they have now but a throwback would look better in my opinion.

And there they are, C&C welcomed. More may be to come too!

One thing that bothers me is the Avalanche jersey are the Fleur De Lis don't really make any sense on the bottom of the jerseys for a team based in Colorado. I know the franchise used to be in Quebec but, I think you can find a logo that is better associated with Colorado, Denver and the Avalanche that would be better suited on the hem of their jerseys.

With the Kings you've removed all the grey from the uniforms why not continue to remove grey from the logo and simplify it even further?

EDIT: Also, white pants aren't usually well received because they show puck marks like crazy.

One thing that bothers me is the Avalanche jersey are the Fleur De Lis don't really make any sense on the bottom of the jerseys for a team based in Colorado. I know the franchise used to be in Quebec but, I think you can find a logo that is better associated with Colorado, Denver and the Avalanche that would be better suited on the hem of their jerseys.

EDIT: Also, white pants aren't usually well received because they show puck marks like crazy.

Would you rather see a white stripe at he very bottom instead? That was an idea I had.

Would you rather see a white stripe at he very bottom instead? That was an idea I had.

I think that would be an improvement over using a logo that has little to no meaning to the franchise now that it calls Denver, Colorado home. Or you perhaps you could find or come up with an alternate logo to replace the Fleur De Lis with, effectively keeping the general idea of the Nordiques jersey but bringing it under the Avalanche name.

I think that would be an improvement over using a logo that has little to no meaning to the franchise now that it calls Denver, Colorado home. Or you perhaps you could find or come up with an alternate logo to replace the Fleur De Lis with, effectively keeping the general idea of the Nordiques jersey but bringing it under the Avalanche name.

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I'll take a look at and see what I can do.

Gee! Lots of things to watch!

ANA - Sure

BOS - I'd keep the current logo color scheme instead of the one you made.

BUF - I think needs white

CAL - Needs yellow

CAR - Yes!

CHI - Yes!

COL - You already know what to do ;-)

CLB - Sure

DAL - Needs white stripes

DET - I'd use a brighter white

EDM - OK

FLA - Mmmmm, not sure, Something's wrong. I trying to figure out.

More later...

Follow up

LA - OK

MIN - Logo needs black touches, I love the striping

MTL - Needs blue... especially on the pants ;-)

NASH - Sure

NJ - Yes!

NYI - Yes!

NYR - Yes!

OTT - Yes! (smart ref to the WHA era ;-)

PHI - Needs white touches

PHX - OK

PITT - White ouline around the logo, couple white stripes

SJ - Yes!

SLT - Yes!

TB - Touches of blue on logo? More dynamic striping?

TOR - I'd go with their current ALT logo

VAN - Yes!

WAS - Yes! Much better then what they currently got.

WIN - Sure

General note: many pants need some sort of striping.

Lots of work there. Your concepts are nice. Thanks for sharing.

BOS - I forgot to write this but the logo I used was inspirited from the logo they used from 1949-1995. Had to switch the yellow for the white.

CGY - That completely takes away from the Calgary Cowboys look I was trying to go with. I also changed the pants to red but haven't uploaded it yet.

COL - Its already done, and I'll upload it when I can!

DAL - Might actually look good, I'll see what I can do.

MIN - Potentially a black stroke around the logo? I'll look into it.

MTL - I was thinking that, might be able to come up with something good.

PHI - This again would ruin the look of what the Quakers had.

PIT - Same for the this, I think it would ruin the look of what the Pirates had.

TB - Yeah this one is lame, I can try to see what I can do.

I'll see what I can do for DAL, MIN, MTL and potentially TB. And COL is already done. I do appreciate what you think about BOS, CGY, PHI and PIT but I think they will remain the same for now.

BOS - I forgot to write this but the logo I used was inspirited from the logo they used from 1949-1995. Had to switch the yellow for the white.

CGY - That completely takes away from the Calgary Cowboys look I was trying to go with. I also changed the pants to red but haven't uploaded it yet.

COL - Its already done, and I'll upload it when I can!

DAL - Might actually look good, I'll see what I can do.

MIN - Potentially a black stroke around the logo? I'll look into it.

MTL - I was thinking that, might be able to come up with something good.

PHI - This again would ruin the look of what the Quakers had.

PIT - Same for the this, I think it would ruin the look of what the Pirates had.

TB - Yeah this one is lame, I can try to see what I can do.

I'll see what I can do for DAL, MIN, MTL and potentially TB. And COL is already done. I do appreciate what you think about BOS, CGY, PHI and PIT but I think they will remain the same for now.

All OK. I understand better now.

Anyway, thanks, I know thats a lot of work.

Anaheim- looks good, I would change the white stripes to gold however just to keep the colours consistent

Boston- Also looks good, I would switch the colour of the spokes and background in the logo to make it pop.

Buffalo- Fantastic, I feel like the logo is a little small though.

Calgary- Not sure I like the white pants, or the removal of yellow.

Carolina- Great, I would just change the colour of the NOB or add a white/silver outline to make it more visible.

Chicago-Fantastic. I like it more than their current homes. Same deal with Carolina regarding the NOBs.

Colorado- I see what you did there. I just don’t think white socks works with blue everything else.

Columbus- Looks good.

Dallas- Looks good, but I think a logo on the chest would be better. I would also invert the colours on the socks.

Detroit- Very nice.

Edmonton- I’m sorry, but the half-stripe practice jersey look is awful.

Florida-Good, white sleeves might be a bit bright though when implemented on an actual jersey.

LA- Decent, but it needs some silver. Otherwise black and white is a little too bland.

Minnesota- Fantastic, I think if you’re going to use black heavily in the striping then you need some in the logo though.

Montreal- I like the Maroons reference.

Nashville- Very nice. I like that you kept the strings in. I don’t like the yellow pants though, and I think you need to make the numbers stick out a little more. They sort’ve become too busy with the chest striping.

Devils-Fantastic. No criticisms

Islanders- Very nice, pattern is a little too close to your Columbus concept though. And I’d put the white circle back around the logo to make it stand out.

Rangers-Its different, but I like it.

Ottawa- Very nice, I’d make the logo a bit bigger though

Philly-Different, I still think a white outline for the logo would make it better though

Phoenix- Try making the maroon more of a brick colour, and more focus on tan than black.

Pittsburgh- Very nice. I really like the colour. A nice compromise between the bright yellow and vegas gold.

San Jose- I really like this. I’m glad theres someone else who likes the orange in their scheme.

St. Louis- Very nice, though I don’t care for the black pants/collar when its nowhere else on the jersey.

Tampa- Looks good, I’d like to see some blue in the logo though.

Toronto-I don’t care too much for the vintage white in combination with that shade of blue.

Vancouver- I agree they need to use more green. The actual pattern is too similar to the Blue Jackets and Isles though. And I’d put the white stripes adjacent to the green because when next to blue it becomes very muddy.

Washington-Striping is very practice jersey esque.

Winnipeg. Looks really good.

fantastic feedback!

BOS - So you mean yellow spokes and than the circle background being white?

CGY - I went through and changed all the white pants to color in my updates I have not shared yet.

CAR / CHI - The NOBs?

COL - You may be right, I'll toy with that idea.

DAL - If I were to add a Stars logo I would have to create my own, since I don't think a slanted Star would look good with the rest of the jersey. I'll add this to my notes. And for the socks the way I have the colors set is from the jersey down to the socks the colors go from green to black in the jersey, black pants then down to black to green in the socks.

EDM - Edmonton is giving me a headache trying to get something good.

LA - I think I may know where to add silver!

MIN - That will be addressed.

NYI - I may also add a teal line around the logo instead of white, we shall see.

STL - That is actually a dark blue that they use in their uniforms, I might brighten it up.

VAN - I see your point with the green against the blue, I'll fix that.

I will defiantly look at your suggestions for COL, DAL, LA, MIN, NYI, STL and VAN. Thank you.

All OK. I understand better now.

Anyway, thanks, I know thats a lot of work.

It was a lot of work, I used this as a way to learn how to use Illustrator.

I like that you added them all at once.

I have to agree with Chromatic, this is how a league-wide concept series should be posted! Complete, well thought out and with a clean presentation. I too applaud you for that and I know many many more readers will appreciate it.

I like that you added them all at once.

I have to agree with Chromatic, this is how a league-wide concept series should be posted! Complete, well thought out and with a clean presentation. I too applaud you for that and I know many many more readers will appreciate it.

Thanks guys, I did it this way because I feel like everyone quits a couple teams into their concepts, then maybe goes back and works on me. This probably took me about a few months of just off and on work. Posting them all at the same time just seemed right to me.

I really, really like that NYR jersey.

That's what I thought when I looked through these. It's way outside the box, but at the same time, it looks very familiar, very acceptable. I'd love to see that in one of their outdoor games. Crazy-good concept.

The rest of them aren't anything to write home about. There's a lot more of the same-old-same-old here. As good as that Wild concept is, it's still another Wild-as-North-Stars concept, just as the Avs are another Nords reimagining. You do a lot of minimalism, and I appreciate that. It works well, and I appreciate it as a traditionalist, but I think you can do better. When you push the limits, you make some great stuff. That Islanders concept is a good example of that. I think you could drop the outlines on the shoulders, but that's a darn good concept.

The Senators with their 67s-which-emulate-the-original-Sens plus the Nationals logo is great. The Preds just feel right. The Hawks is just far enough from predicable to also be good. The rest...the rest I think you should start pushing further off the beaten path. You're clearly talented. You have some great ideas. Flex your creative muscle more.

At this point, you've made the whole league. You should put no more pressure on yourself to think "I have to do this one." you've done them, anything more is simply because you had an idea.

Really, push the limits more, think outside the box more, and keep up the good work. I hope you go back to the drawing board on some of these, because they're great.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Wow, you've got a lot of unis for me to look at there! I'm not saying that's a bad thing though, so here is my C&C for the first few concepts:

Anaheim: Nothing is really good or bad about the Ducks, though you do get kudos for incorporating the old duck mask logo on the shoulders.

Boston: The yellow jerseys are fine, but the spoked B logo doesn't pop out to me. Try changing it's colors a bit.

Buffalo: I would add more white to the uniforms so they don't look as plain.

Calagry: Again, these look slightly bland. Maybe adding yellow will help?

I will look over more another time, but your concepts are fine so far.

Thanks! Looking forward to the rest of your feedback. Few comments for your critiques.

ANA - Glad someone noticed the shoulder patches on the Ducks.

BOS - Seems like a constant issue people are having with the Bruins I'll figure it out.

BUF - Another person commenting on this, okay I will see if I can make something I like.

CGY - The point of this concept it for it to be similar to the Calgary Cowboys. They had red and white uniforms, this is a homage to them so I don't think its a good idea for me to add yellow.

Archived