Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finals are set and the king is dead. Some will point out win #4, but please, you think the trailing teams are going to storm back all of a sudden? No. All hope rests with Boston now.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Every streak ends eventually. The Kings found that out the hard way tonight.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The 2010 postseason is the wackiest one to occur in recent times. The ECF was a #7 vs. #8 matchup, for 'cripes sakes.

Oh yeah, well, last year's West Finals involved the Phoenix freaking Coyotes. Can you imagine all the heart attacks and/or strokes from some CCSLC people had they won the Cup?

They still have to win 1 more game...

200px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

I raise you, all in.

download_zpsd0f23d8c.jpg

Heartbreaking at the time, but after 2011 that's just a blip on the radar.

Really? If it were me and I were a Bruins fan, I'd still roll into a fetal ball position and weep, when reminded of only the 4th 3-0 series collapse in all of sports history.

Even though Vancouver won the series and went to the final, I still have nightmares about Ben Smith and the Chicago PA announcer destroying my speakers with the insanely loud goal horn/chelsea dagger explosion after game 6 in 2011.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

CS, when you update your image with the 3rd Chicago win, add the 4th red dot for Chicago against Detroit :D

CS doesn't do that stuff at all, actually.

That graphic stuff on the front page, and the disconnect it has with the guy who actually updates the bracket, is something of weird inexplicability, and I'm not about to venture guesses as to what's up.

DaRadniz29 is the bracket guy. I just update the original post.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hate sports when situations like what the Kings are in happens. I'm going to need some sleep before my take on this one tomorrow.

*gulps beer in depression*

200px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

*nervous fidgeting*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Every streak ends eventually. The Kings found that out the hard way tonight.

They weren't going to win every home game, which is why their atrocious play on the road this year - and especially in the playoffs - is so inexcusable. Puzzling, too, since they were really good on the road last playoffs. Could be overconfidence, mean regression, lack of preparation, etc., but whatever it is can't continue into next year.

The Kings will be in the mix for the Cup for every year of Quick's prime, but there's definitely some tweaks to be made this offseason.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Hop on the bandwagon, Wayne!

7676894628_5aeeae03a2.jpg?w=614

twitter

Hop on the bandwagon, Wayne!

7676894628_5aeeae03a2.jpg?w=614

...what the heck?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived