Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Of course Walkom was the one who called that penalty.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the call that just gave the Pens a power play might just be the worst call I've seen. No one on the ice knew it was icing, the Pens played it like a live puck, and the ruins played it like a live puck. Murray and Lucic went into the corner, Murray shielded the puck but didn't touch it, and Lucic hit him. They called unsportsmanlike conduct. At least they killed it.

I think Letang just saved a goal there. From where I'm sitting, it looked like he cleared it off of Bergeron's stick.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

This is pretty shocking, seeing the Penguins completely unable to score goals, at all. Over 270 minutes played, only two goals.

This is like the hockey version of what happened to the Yankees offense last October. A well-above average unit that fell into a collective abyss at the worst time. Tons of credit to Tuukka, no doubt, but the Penguins had no trouble scoring goals against Ottawa a round ago, and Ottawa isn't too shabby in the net themselves.

spacer.png

The end had to be one of the most hectic finishes I've seen in a long time.

But, this series once again proves that a hot goalie like Tukka Rask and timely goals can be all you need to beat the best.

Don't touch the trophy! Way to go Bruins! Four more!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Also interesting, the Bruins have ended their last two Eastern Conference Finals with 1-0 wins and Pittsburgh didn't lead once all series.

Archived