Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish one year a captain would pick up the conference championship trophy and end this stupid "Don't touch that trophy because it's bad luck" fad.

2010 Flyers say hello.

FlyersMontreal_hockey_playoff_e03a.jpg

chicago_blackhawks_stanley_cup_champs_logo_prod.jpg

And that determined the outcome?

I just think this "tradition" is stupid. :hockeysmiley:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I wish one year a captain would pick up the conference championship trophy and end this stupid "Don't touch that trophy because it's bad luck" fad.

2010 Flyers say hello.

FlyersMontreal_hockey_playoff_e03a.jpg

chicago_blackhawks_stanley_cup_champs_logo_prod.jpg

And Dustin Brown didn't accept the Campbell Bowl last year.

THAT, and that alone, is why Los Angeles didn't appoint Mike Richards as captain when they acquired him. :P

spacer.png

IIRC, this "tradition" has only been around since the mid '90s. I believe it was Lindros who started it.

Anytime your team gets eliminated in OT, you can't help reaching in your drawer for a way out.

Umm. Yaaaa....

After Game 2, it was pretty clear that Chicago was going to advance. You've gotta be delusional if it's JUST NOW sinking in that the Kings won't be repeating. Ten minutes after being eliminated, I'm sure all LA fans are over it.

6uXNWAo.png

adam-morrison-crying-o.gif

[boo-hooing gif]

[suidical gif]

Really? I don't think Kings fans are THAT crushed about not winning the Cup.

Anytime your team gets eliminated in OT, you can't help reaching in your drawer for a way out. Go tell Leafs fans how being ousted in OT hurt them for a while.

Losing that game seven in OT to Boston hurt longer then your average playoff loss. It stung for about a day. Then I got over it. Never once "reach[ed] for a way out."

Anytime your team gets eliminated in OT, you can't help reaching in your drawer for a way out.

Umm. Yaaaa....

After Game 2, it was pretty clear that Chicago was going to advance. You've gotta be delusional if it's JUST NOW sinking in that the Kings won't be repeating. Ten minutes after being eliminated, I'm sure all LA fans are over it.

Because the sports media here regurgitates yet another Kobe/Dwight/Paul NBA telenovela as their lead story.

Or another great performance from Yasiel Puig.

IIRC, this "tradition" has only been around since the mid '90s. I believe it was Lindros who started it.

Don't remember it back then, but it really has caught on the past couple years.

Don't need to skate the Campbell Cup/Prince of Wales Trophy around like the Stanley Cup, but avoiding them like the plague is stupid, IMO.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

That's why you can't lose draws. Game 6 Monday barring an unlikely resurgence. LA just ripped out some hearts.

I told you never to watch another game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's why you can't lose draws. Game 6 Monday barring an unlikely resurgence. LA just ripped out some hearts.

I told you never to watch another game.

P2fmEgX.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Because the sports media here regurgitates yet another Kobe/Dwight/Paul NBA telenovela as their lead story.

Or another great performance from Yasiel Puig.

Or maybe it's because just getting to the conference finals was a major accomplishment for the Kings this year in a sport where nowadays the defending champs usually lose in the first round. And because even though they lost, the Kings put up one hell of a fight against a damn good Blackhawks team. And because they STILL did a million times better than the stacked Penguins.

Grow up and get some perspective, man.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Don't remember it back then, but it really has caught on the past couple years.

Don't need to skate the Campbell Cup/Prince of Wales Trophy around like the Stanley Cup, but avoiding them like the plague is stupid, IMO.

Hockey culture is way too deferential towards its traditions, and I'm someone who enjoys harmless tradition and ceremony. That this "don't touch the Campbell Cup/Prince of Wales Trophy" nonsense is often equated to actual traditions of the game is just a new level in ridiculousness.

Archived