Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Reading this thread during tonight's game it's like the Blackhawks and Bruins fan bases are locked in a struggle for who can be the most pessimistic.

True, but isn't that the case with most fan bases? As much as we all want our teams to get there, once they do, it's more like torture than it is fun. Take Ohio State in 2002 for example. I don't think I enjoyed a single minute of the NCG while I was watching it.

That's true. I was a big(ger) OSU fan at the time and I was a wreck that entire game.

I guess I don't know what these fans are going through right now. I've watched my team get curb stomped in 3 playoff games and 1 game that was close, but the better team ultimately won. I lose my mind during regular season games, I can't imagine how I'd be if the Blue Jackets were ever in the finals. I know I'd have to watch the games alone because I would weird out my friends and family. When it comes to watching Football I'm pretty reserved, baseball I'm pretty reserved, but hockey can turn me into an embarrassing jackass.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? You're going to attack Seidenberg for having one bad game? Without him, the Bruins are golfing right now and still waiting for their first Stanley Cup since 1972.

Grow up.

The wording I used may have been a bit harsh, but I stand by it. Being out of position on three goals (Boychuck was actually on one of the ones I mistook for Seidenberg), is completely unacceptable as a defenseman. Also, can Bruins fans please stop using 2011 as an excuse for any Bruins player playing like crap? I've heard that more times about players (particularly Seguin) and it is a completely ridiculous argument.

Also, crucifying players for having one bad game isn't really out of the ordinary in sports. I mean, Bill Buckner? Hell, even Johnny Pesky was ripped on for years because he was too slow in throwing the ball in the1946 World Series. And that's just two examples of Boston sports.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I know it's been making the rounds today, but that gif's from the regular season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Seriously? You're going to attack Seidenberg for having one bad game? Without him, the Bruins are golfing right now and still waiting for their first Stanley Cup since 1972.

Grow up.

The wording I used may have been a bit harsh, but I stand by it. Being out of position on three goals (Boychuck was actually on one of the ones I mistook for Seidenberg), is completely unacceptable as a defenseman. Also, can Bruins fans please stop using 2011 as an excuse for any Bruins player playing like crap? I've heard that more times about players (particularly Seguin) and it is a completely ridiculous argument.

Also, crucifying players for having one bad game isn't really out of the ordinary in sports. I mean, Bill Buckner? Hell, even Johnny Pesky was ripped on for years because he was too slow in throwing the ball in the1946 World Series. And that's just two examples of Boston sports.

Unfairly, I might add. But regardless, the 2 on 1 goal that developed because of Seidenberg's pinch wasn't really his fault. Patrice Bergeron WAS NOT skating, basically watching the 2 on 1 unfold, only when Frolik got his own rebound did he try and do anything about it. Even then he was too late because he WASN'T SKATING. He easily would've been in position to knock the puck off the stick had he hustled back. Did he score two goals also? Yeah, but it's still completely unacceptable for a player of his caliber and stature in the Final. No excuse. If you watch the replay you can see Tuukka irate (shocker) at him post-play.

Look, the Bruins didn't deserve to win that game. Bad penalties, bad puck handling, bad everything. They were lucky to even get to overtime. Chicago deserved this one and they got it. I can't really blame Tuukka tonight, this team will constantly let him down. They have so much confidence in his ability to stop the puck that they leave the wing shot wide open, which isn't that bad of an idea but it'll hurt you at some point. Crawford on the other hand, ohhh daddy, how can Chicago fans be confident in this guy at all? He saw each and every goal, all glove side, all beat. Granted the one that bounced off the backboards onto Bergeron's stick wasn't his fault, but the other four? He looked downright foolish.

One more thing, every Bruins skater shot glove side, except who? Tyler Seguin. It's especially more important to shoot opposite side on the odd man rush, yet he still goes short side blocker. Buddy, this isn't the CHL. Don't be an a-hole.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO I CAN'T TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE

NOW YOU LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN WELL CS85. I KNOW WE'VE ALL ASSUMED THIS SORT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL HANDICAPPING WHEREIN WE SET OURSELVES UP FOR FAILURE SO THAT FAILURE MEETS EXPECTATIONS AND SUCCESS EXCEEDS THEM BUT JESUS A-S-S-F-U-C-K-I-N-G CHRIST ENOUGH ALREADY THIS HAS GOTTEN CATEGORICALLY ABSURD AND IT'S WHY I DON'T READ THIS THREAD DURING GAMES ANYMORE I JUST SIT AND WATCH TELEVISION OFF THE GODDAMN GRID PARTYING LIKE IT'S 1993 AND IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY

NO GOD DAMN IT NO EVERY TIME THE HAWKS GIVE UP A GOAL THEY ARE NOT DONE, THEY ARE NOT FRAUDS, THEY ARE JUST PLAYING A REALLY GOOD TEAM WHILE ALSO BEING A REALLY GOOD TEAM THEMSELVES BECAUSE HOLY CRAP IT'S ACTUALLY A STANLEY CUP FINAL WHERE BOTH TEAMS ARE ELITE AND RIGHTFULLY PLACED AND NOT JUST GOOD TEAM VERSUS HOT GOALIE AND THE HOT BUTTERED CRAPWAGON. YOU MAY REMEMBER THAT THE HAWKS DESTROYED EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE EXCEPT BALDY AND THE QUACKERS SO HEY HAVE SOME :censored:ING FAITH. ALSO, THE BRUINS WERE IN THE TOP OF THE EAST ALBEIT QUIETLY BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS ON PITTSBURGH'S DICKS BUT STILL THEY WERE REALLY REALLY GOOD. SO RECALIBRATE YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR STOP GODDAMN WATCHING.

I'M USUALLY PESSIMISTIC BUT NOOOOOOOOO I AM DOING SOMERSAULTS OF JOY BECAUSE I THINK THE HAWKS CAN WIN

AND IF THERE'S A PARADE IN CHICAGO, DON'T COME UP. YOU'RE NOT INVITED. I WILL SCOUR THE ENTIRETY OF THE LOOP TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT THERE, AND IF YOU ARE, I'LL KICK YOU IN THE NUTS, GRAB YOU BY THE ANKLES, AND IF I DON'T JUST THROW YOU IN THE LAKE LIKE THAT METEOROLOGY STUDENT WHO JUST DIED, I'LL DRAG YOU TO UNION STATION AND STUFF YOU IN AN AMTRAK FOR NOT NECESSARILY DOWNSTATE BUT ANYWHERE BUT HERE BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT ON BOARD WITH THIS THEN JUST GO AWAY FOREVER AND DON'T LIKE HOCKEY. DON'T LIKE BASEBALL. DON'T EVEN LIKE TENNIS. JUST LIKE GOLF. THAT MUST BE YOUR FATE. ONLY LIKING GOLF.

GO HAWKS

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO I CAN'T TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE

NOW YOU LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN WELL CS85. I KNOW WE'VE ALL ASSUMED THIS SORT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL HANDICAPPING WHEREIN WE SET OURSELVES UP FOR FAILURE SO THAT FAILURE MEETS EXPECTATIONS AND SUCCESS EXCEEDS THEM BUT JESUS A-S-S-F-U-C-K-I-N-G CHRIST ENOUGH ALREADY THIS HAS GOTTEN CATEGORICALLY ABSURD AND IT'S WHY I DON'T READ THIS THREAD DURING GAMES ANYMORE I JUST SIT AND WATCH TELEVISION OFF THE GODDAMN GRID PARTYING LIKE IT'S 1993 AND IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY

NO GOD DAMN IT NO EVERY TIME THE HAWKS GIVE UP A GOAL THEY ARE NOT DONE, THEY ARE NOT FRAUDS, THEY ARE JUST PLAYING A REALLY GOOD TEAM WHILE ALSO BEING A REALLY GOOD TEAM THEMSELVES BECAUSE HOLY CRAP IT'S ACTUALLY A STANLEY CUP FINAL WHERE BOTH TEAMS ARE ELITE AND RIGHTFULLY PLACED AND NOT JUST GOOD TEAM VERSUS HOT GOALIE AND THE HOT BUTTERED CRAPWAGON. YOU MAY REMEMBER THAT THE HAWKS DESTROYED EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE EXCEPT BALDY AND THE QUACKERS SO HEY HAVE SOME :censored:ING FAITH. ALSO, THE BRUINS WERE IN THE TOP OF THE EAST ALBEIT QUIETLY BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS ON PITTSBURGH'S DICKS BUT STILL THEY WERE REALLY REALLY GOOD. SO RECALIBRATE YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR STOP GODDAMN WATCHING.

I'M USUALLY PESSIMISTIC BUT NOOOOOOOOO I AM DOING SOMERSAULTS OF JOY BECAUSE I THINK THE HAWKS CAN WIN

AND IF THERE'S A PARADE IN CHICAGO, DON'T COME UP. YOU'RE NOT INVITED. I WILL SCOUR THE ENTIRETY OF THE LOOP TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT THERE, AND IF YOU ARE, I'LL KICK YOU IN THE NUTS, GRAB YOU BY THE ANKLES, AND IF I DON'T JUST THROW YOU IN THE LAKE LIKE THAT METEOROLOGY STUDENT WHO JUST DIED, I'LL DRAG YOU TO UNION STATION AND STUFF YOU IN AN AMTRAK FOR NOT NECESSARILY DOWNSTATE BUT ANYWHERE BUT HERE BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT ON BOARD WITH THIS THEN JUST GO AWAY FOREVER AND DON'T LIKE HOCKEY. DON'T LIKE BASEBALL. DON'T EVEN LIKE TENNIS. JUST LIKE GOLF. THAT MUST BE YOUR FATE. ONLY LIKING GOLF.

GO HAWKS

kXtMW.gif

This is how I usually am during Bears season, only they defy my optimism by sucking. The Blackhawks seem to be defying my pessimism. It's not like I WANT them to lose, or am unhappy when they win. I just need to not be near a computer during the game. I'll try to have some faith for a change.

This is what I deserve for being an assbag, though. I'll take my medicine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh, and when Doc Emrick told me to stay tuned to the Subway Intermission Report to find out why Patrice Bergeron is #bostonstrong, I almost Elvised the TV. Ugh, so much anger.

I watched the game with my dad, who is the one person in my extended family who doesn't give a crap about the Blackhawks. Yeah, even my grandma does. When Doc said someone "elevators the puck," he turned to me and said "how do you elevator a puck?" I said "I don't know." He said "but it didn't even go off the ground [sic]." He was right. It didn't even go off the ground.

I watched the game with my dad, who is the one person in my extended family who doesn't give a crap about the Blackhawks. Yeah, even my grandma does. When Doc said someone "elevators the puck," he turned to me and said "how do you elevator a puck?" I said "I don't know." He said "but it didn't even go off the ground [sic]." He was right. It didn't even go off the ground.

Too bad he wasn't able to "elevator the puck" even more, because Rask was still able to "soccer it away."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I feel like I just got beat up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Too bad he wasn't able to "elevator the puck" even more, because Rask was still able to "soccer it away."

Doc used "elevator the puck" on a cross-ice pass in the Bruins defensive zone. I remember exactly, because I said to myself and to my grandfather "What the :censored: ?" If you're going to be kitschy, Doc, at least have it make some semblance of sense. And "soccered" was used again last night, ON A STICK PASS UP THE BOARDS...

Not to mention during the overtime (OVERTIME!!!), Doc admired how "valiant" the backup goaltenders were for sitting on the bench through the entirety of the playoffs without playing a single minute. "Ray Emery went 17-1 in the regular season, and can't even see the ice once in the playoffs!" YOU'RE STEPPING ON PIERRE'S TERRITORY OF INANE FACTS, DOC.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

My girlfriend has watched maybe 4 hockey games in her whole life and watching the game with her last night she said "this announcer is annoying".

I get annoyed with his verbiage, but on the whole I actually like him. Sorry.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I feel like I just got beat up.

You earned it, son.

Now let's all stop juggling our nuts for a second and give admiral his got-damn belt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like Doc, too. Watching the game last night, I found that I wasn't really listening to Doc's words that closely. Rather I was more listening to his cadence and using him to help follow the flow of the game. Yeah, he uses a lot of "synonyms" for the word "pass", but I think it would get boring to constantly say (and listen to) "Sharp passes to Kane who passes to Toews".

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived