Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damnit that was great. I can't believe it. Just wow. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe it. Wait I've already said that.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

What

a

finish.

Great game, great series. So evenly matched. But it wouldn't have felt right if Chicago didn't win, given they led the league from wire to wire and had that incredible streak to start the year.

EDIT: Only qualm is that they won it on the road. Always seems to be an eerie silence when that happens. Can you imagine how loud the United Centre would be if the Hawks had clinched it there?

Bold prediction: Whichever team scores in the upcoming OT will win not just Game 4, but eventually the series and the Cup.

No pressure though, guys.

Did I call it, or what? :)

Now the Bruins know the pain they inflicted upon the Leafs back in Round 1.

CCSLC signature.png

Yeah, I'm not gonna be a stone-cold ass hole about this one. That has to be about the gruesome way of losing a championship-deciding game as I have ever seen. Parallels to Game 7 between the 'Canes and Devils in 2009, but with about x1000 times more at stake.

I can't remember the Lightning losing a game quite like that. I can't sympathize with something as immediate as that.

spacer.png

I have no GIFs to approximate my feelings. I'm just elated, absolutely elated. I can hardly breathe, unbelievable. I feel for Boston, they were a worthy adversary and I thought they had this one, but...

BLACKHAWKS ARE YOUR CHAMPIONS, AND I'M NOT GOING TO THE PARADE!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well this season's over.

A season that seemed like it would be easily forgettable at the beginning turned into a season that will be hard to forget. Potential dynasties have been born in Boston and Chicago, and I'll think they'll both be back in the final before the next three years. The Maple Leafs surprised a lot of people by placing 5th in the conference and almost beating the Bruins, the Hawks had a record setting year, the Sens, Habs, Jackets, Isles and Ducks all exceeded expectations greatly and it sets up an interesting full season next year. I'm looking forward already to hockey being back.

Now let's see how Bettman screws this up this summer starting with his speech.

Holy crap Pat Quinn won a bet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hawks win it!

Thanks to directv I will be missing a live stanley cup victory and presentation for the 1st time in my 26 years of watching hockey.

internet streams dude

Got one?

check atdhe.hockey. I'm watching on tv, so... worst case scenario

That missed Krejci goal in the first that he tipped out of play looks pretty bad now.

Wasn't really his fault though, when looking at it again. It looked bad at first, but that was a rolling puck. Very hard to get any accuracy on that shot. Certainly nothing like Chris Kelly booting a sure-fire goal in Game 4.

spacer.png

Archived