Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

This is the better thread. Keeps the wheat from the chaff.

Also, this may be the postseason that kills us all.

dH1MqoU.gif

Also - Blues/Kings, please go 7 and beat the living piss out of each other.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kinda eerie, don't know if it's been said before.

Every time the Ducks and Wings play each other in the playoffs (with the exception of 2008) the winner of the series between the two, goes to the Stanley Cup Final.

1997 - Second Round, Detroit wins, wins the cup

2003 - First Round, Anaheim wins, loses the cup

2007 - Third Round, Anaheim wins, wins the cup

2009 - Second Round, Detroit wins, loses the cup

2013 - First Round ?

Just like every time Calgary and Vancouver play in the playoffs, the winner of the series goes to the Cup final.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

- Teemu freaking Selanne was the best player on the ice tonight at 42. That guy...

-Hiller was phenomenal in net.

-These refs need to get away from this series, and not just for the Ducks sake. (I mean of course for the Ducks because goddamn, but these refs are the ultimate example of bad playoff refereeing. You want to let them play and be physical because its the playoffs, fine. But you either have to let them go or call everything. This in-between, makeup-call-filled middle is the worst thing to watch.)

One down.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Oh and Jonny Quick. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Jonny Quick.

They opened the 3rd period with that on the Ducks jumbotron. It was gloriously hilarious.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Oh and Jonny Quick. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Jonny Quick.

They opened the 3rd period with that on the Ducks jumbotron. It was gloriously hilarious.

Not to mention the FSN people pulling a "Heidi-style" telecast change for the start of the Clippers game. And if you had DirecTV, the game on CNBC was blacked out, so there was no choice but to ride out the torture. I came back home from tonight's Dodger game and checked the DVR of Kings-Blues Game 1, and boy it was shady of the telecasters switching the possible OT for the Clipper game, not to mention all the firestorm posts about it on this board.

Such a crushing loss, while the whole hockey world chuckles at such a devastating f#ckup.

soOrnZF.jpg

Just put the Clippers on the Prime Ticket Alternate channel you stupid :censored:s.

There is no Prime Ticket alternate. It's FSW, and Prime Ticket, and the Ducks were on FSW.

The Dodgers were on a Prime Ticket alternate a week or so ago.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

My favorite Emrick-ism was during an NBC game I was watching this season and there was a scramble for the puck in which it ended up frozen by the goalie underneath 4 or 5 players. Emrick explained this series of events by yelling "AND THE PUCK IS HIDDEN UNDER A MASS OF HUMANITY!!!!!".

I like Doc. Sorry.

All 3 of the teams I wanted to win, won. I feel gross pulling for the Blues and Blackhawks, but I guess the central division rivalries don't matter anymore. Twas a good night all around.

Also, I've been enjoying the thought that Jay Bouwmeester finally got to play in his first playoff game and outwardly he was happy, but deep-down inside it just didn't live up to his expectations and he was secretly disappointed. Like he laid his head on the pillow and said "that's it?".

PvO6ZWJ.png

Emrick can take the highway for publicly calling out soccer during an MLS on NBC promo aired in last year's Cup playoffs.

So glad his Devils lost last year; it's called "karma" for him.

This?

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived