Steelers Refresh

hailstateunis

Sort of a vikings-esque update for the Steelers here. Refined Logo, new font, matte helmet, and shoulder stripes that fit on the sleeve are added. A yellow alternate jersey is added that is similar in style to the throwback worn from 2007-2011. Black pants and and a black-based alternate logo go along with the yellow jersey.

Primary Logo- Alternate Logo-

jt3O9lVqnwywg_e.jpgj3bjpvDo601Dp_e.jpg

Script Logo 1- Script Logo 2-

jGfuuqoZg7agi_e.jpgjbnitxvBWRUl4n_e.jpg

Matte Helmet-

jNTuxn2bkid6D_e.jpgjwLSHF1otE0Va_e.jpg

Home Jersey-

jbgodDpNtrDvR5.png

Away Jersey-

ibdzfM6jMpoHWo.png

Alternate Jersey-

iXI4Idbg31S5Q.png

The white jersey reminds me of what Michigan wore in the 80s and early 90s...the wordmark on the front is redundant, seeing as the logo already says STEELERS...the gold jersey/black pants set is rather sharp...and back to the white jersey, the black player name reminds me of the 97 roads. It's something that would look normal on, say, the Falcons or Saints, but because it's the Steelers and gold names are one of their things, it's weird.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not bad. Like you said, it's only a slight tweak to the look. I will say that the numerals on the front and back are too big. What would happen if you were to try and put "44" on the unis at the same size you have now? It wouldn't fit.

gYH2mW9.png

As a Steelers fan, here is my input:

New logo: I like the capital letters in the wordmark, but that gold stroke has got to go. It's kind of an eyesore for me, and doesn't really "modernize" the logo. That is done with the wordmark alone.

Alternate logo: Huge mess. Just looks cheap and tacky, and I could never see them actually wearing it.

Home Unis: I like the number/name font much more than the current Futura set, but I just feel like that look is outdated. As for the sleeve stripes, I really like what they are currently using, but for the sake of "modernization" and "streamlining" the uniforms, I can't argue with what you've done with those. Last bit is that the wordmark on the front is too big for the jerseys, as are the numbers as GeauxColonels pointed out. Pants look fine.

Away Unis: See home.

Alternate Unis: I've wanted to see them don a gold alternate jersey for quite some time now, ever since seeing the Dark Night Rises, where the "Gotham City Rogues" or fictional Pittsburgh Steelers had a gold jersey set. I would pitch that alternate logo, and throw the primary on there (without the stroke) and then add a tinge of white, or dare I say medium gray to the jersey somehow...maybe the wordmark? The pants may look good in that gray color as well, but that might be a little too out of the box for my Steelers.

• 3 weeks later...

As a Steelers fan, here is my input:

New logo: I like the capital letters in the wordmark, but that gold stroke has got to go. It's kind of an eyesore for me, and doesn't really "modernize" the logo. That is done with the wordmark alone.

Alternate logo: Huge mess. Just looks cheap and tacky, and I could never see them actually wearing it.

Home Unis: I like the number/name font much more than the current Futura set, but I just feel like that look is outdated. As for the sleeve stripes, I really like what they are currently using, but for the sake of "modernization" and "streamlining" the uniforms, I can't argue with what you've done with those. Last bit is that the wordmark on the front is too big for the jerseys, as are the numbers as GeauxColonels pointed out. Pants look fine.

Away Unis: See home.

Alternate Unis: I've wanted to see them don a gold alternate jersey for quite some time now, ever since seeing the Dark Night Rises, where the "Gotham City Rogues" or fictional Pittsburgh Steelers had a gold jersey set. I would pitch that alternate logo, and throw the primary on there (without the stroke) and then add a tinge of white, or dare I say medium gray to the jersey somehow...maybe the wordmark? The pants may look good in that gray color as well, but that might be a little too out of the box for my Steelers.

I think a great update would be matte helmets with new number font on jerseys and a new pants stripe, done!
NOLAbanner.jpg

Archived