Hockey Jersey Pixel Art Poster

raysox

Hey guys, a friend of mine made this and I figured some of you would be interested in checking it out. He made a pixel art version of every hockey sweater from 1900 to next year's winter classic. He's selling 50, so if you like this enough it could be yours!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/130702222/visual-history-of-pro-hockey-uniforms?ref=shop_home_active

Here is the poster

tumblr_mlzh54wU3f1rp50moo4_1280.png

Here is a closer look at the guys

tumblr_mlzh54wU3f1rp50moo1_1280.png

Very nice. You can clearly see that some jerseys really just leap at you--the Flying V and the red Gretzky-era Blues. A lot of blue jerseys start popping up near the bottom of the poster.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

sweet stuff.

this brings up an issue i've been thinking about recently. whats the legal ramifications of pro sports pixel art? i follow a blog that makes soccer-related pixel art and they sell prints and tshirts of current event illustrations as ported to pixels. you can obviously make out what the illustrations represent, so that seems at first to be some form of intellectual property to the parties / teams involved, but its not a direct relation to copyrighted logos, etc owned by the team. can anyone shed some light on this?

Archived