Kramerica Industries

2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

The Hawks don't have any cap issues like last time, right? Bickell, who I know is a free agent, will be wearing red and yellow in South Beach this fall.

The only thing that's for sure is that Emery won't be back. He more than earned a starting spot elsewhere and will make a lot more money.

Florida is generally all over 'Hawks rejects (thanks, Dale) and they are also generally all over playoff overachievers (hello, Mr. Bergenheim).

So, yeah, good call on that one. Bickell to Florida seems inevitable.

Florida is generally all over 'Hawks rejects (thanks, Dale) and they are also generally all over playoff overachievers (hello, Mr. Bergenheim).

So, yeah, good call on that one. Bickell to Florida seems inevitable.

I probably would've figured that out on my own, but I read it on twitter. Still though, adding it up, it makes so much sense.

I'm gonna miss being able to support ole' Torts, but hopefully his spell in British Columbia is short-lived.

On the bright side, coaching in Vancouver may be the best way to bring out another level of his arrogance and condescension. Positives, positives...

It's going to be a feel day listening to Tort's one-liners at the postgame, to the backdrop of the NHL's telenovela team from the B.C. side.

Glad I witnessed his last game. Scared to see who takes over full time.

According to Nick Kypreos the Jackets are trying to talk Kipper out of retirement. Is this a sign that negotiations aren't going well with Bobrovsky?

Also surprised Calgary didn't make a run at Bernier.

According to Nick Kypreos the Jackets are trying to talk Kipper out of retirement. Is this a sign that negotiations aren't going well with Bobrovsky?

Also surprised Calgary didn't make a run at Bernier.

It's a sign that they need a backup goalie. I'd be very surprised if Bobrovsky didn't play for the Blue Jackets next season.

Kypreos is kind of a flake, also said we had a deal with Toronto. Kipper is not a backup and why would he leave here, to go to Columbus? It's been known for months that he was done this year, especially that the birth of his latest son didn't go very smoothly.

As for Bernier, LA probably wanted too much, and we didn't have the resources to get him. Right now it's Kari Ramo and Joey MacDonald, not exactly Vernon and Osgood. They have money, maybe make a run at Mike Smith or see what Buffalo wants for Ryan Miller.

Kypreos is kind of a flake, also said we had a deal with Toronto. Kipper is not a backup and why would he leave here, to go to Columbus? It's been known for months that he was done this year, especially that the birth of his latest son didn't go very smoothly.

As for Bernier, LA probably wanted too much, and we didn't have the resources to get him. Right now it's Kari Ramo and Joey MacDonald, not exactly Vernon and Osgood. They have money, maybe make a run at Mike Smith or see what Buffalo wants for Ryan Miller.

Is Irving not on the radar anymore?

Except Kiprusoff isn't a backup goalie. I'm sure they eventually sign Bobrovsky but I gotta think there must be some real concern for them to be talking to Kipper. You don't try and talk someone out of retirement, especially Miikka Kiprusoff, for a backup job.

He will probably be in Florida also. Maybe the Isles are a darkhorse for him?

Mike Smith and Karri Ramo?

I mean, is it really a good idea to try and have the 2008-09 Lightning goaltending duo as your goaltending duo in 2013-14? It didn't exactly go well the first time around, now did it?!

Mike Smith's .916/2.62 wasn't exactly the worst in the league.

So this essentially leaves Philly, Florida, and the Land of Brook for a landing spot for Luongo, I guess.

Maybe the Canucks do what's smart and trade Schneider for greater returns, including moving on up in the draft. Luongo apparently still has some good years left in him, and Lack should be more than ready to take over in a few years once Lu's cap hit decreases.

So this essentially leaves Philly, Florida, and the Land of Brook for a landing spot for Luongo, I guess.

Maybe the Canucks do what's smart and trade Schneider for greater returns, including moving on up in the draft. Luongo apparently still has some good years left in him, and Lack should be more than ready to take over in a few years once Lu's cap hit decreases.

Doesn't the hit remain the same throughout the life of the contract even if the salary fluctuates?