2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris Letang supposedly turned down 8 years - 56 million.

He deserves a punch in the teeth now

Apparently the counter-offer was only $500,000 more a year.

As long as they don't let him walk when his contract is up next offseason and trade him for something worth it, I don't care what happens. I really like him, but lately his defensive play has been getting rather questionable. We have a good amount of defensive prospects almost ready for the big time (Despres is essentially the same player as Letang, just not as fast and much better defensively).

oBIgzrL.png

Todd Richards was given a one year extension from the Blue Jackets so he's under contract through the 14-15 season.

Here's a guy you have to feel good for. He was as good as gone when Kekalainen was hired and he won over management and was able to squeeze a lot out of a very marginal Blue Jackets lineup.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's probably not a money issue, he probably wants out of Pittsburgh.

I've actually heard the opposite. Apparently he only wants to play for Pittsburgh. But I guess we shall see what happens.

Old man Brodeur wins the NHL14 cover vote, first goalie on the cover since John Vanbiesbrouck in 1997.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

It's probably not a money issue, he probably wants out of Pittsburgh.

I've actually heard the opposite. Apparently he only wants to play for Pittsburgh. But I guess we shall see what happens.

I heard that Letang was offended by something the Pens' management did or said. It was like they didn't consider him their best defenseman or something crazy like that... and then there were the rumors that he wanted to go to Toronto.... I just don't think he wants to be in Pittsburgh anymore.

I'm surprised anyone wants to stick around in Pittsburgh after what happened in the ECF.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm surprised anyone wants to stick around in Pittsburgh after what happened in the ECF.

They have the best player in the world and arguably the second best player in the world.

A couple of shut down defenseman, a capable goaltender (possibly even Fluery again if he finds where his game went) and they're lifting the cup again. Yuck.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived