2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good one! I laughed.

Ahhh Elliotte Friedman said it around 8am, haven't heard anything since, but no he didn't file for retirement. It was just kind of the assumption around here.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Glad Kiprusoff isn't retiring. The rest of the league needs his .850 save percentage.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sean "Sloppy Seconds" Avery may or may not be engaged to Bravo TV talk show host Andy Cohen? Or they could just be having a laugh of it. Honestly, it's hard to tell. I'm leaning towards having a laugh, but hey, you never know

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The gossip dropped right in the middle of Andy taking a week off from his talk show. He returns Sunday night with a built-in attention-grabbing topic. Staged.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ducks got manhandled by the Kings in a "So Cal Futures" rookie game. The future is bleak if this is what we're in for. A bunch of prospects that all wanted to do their own thing, but couldn't work together, and were very poorly coached. The Kings rookies ran like a machine. At least it was free! But even then the Honda Center employees clearly were not prepared for the large crowd that showed up. This happened last season with the open practice, as well. Either the Ducks are underestimating their own fans, or they can't figure out that free hockey = big crowd.

If you're basing the Ducks' future on an exhibtion game played between two teams made up of kids who have been playing together for 2 days, you're doing it wrong.

*Waits for oddball to say the Kings' future consists of 24 straight Stanley Cup Championships*

If you're basing the Ducks' future on an exhibtion game played between two teams made up of kids who have been playing together for 2 days, you're doing it wrong.

*Waits for oddball to say the Kings' future consists of 24 straight Stanley Cup Championships*

I'm using hyperbole to emphasize how badly they played. Do I need to include primer with every post?

The Blue Jackets won the 2005 and 2006 Traverse City tournament with prospects that combined for 0 playoff wins and almost none of those players are still with the team. There's basically nothing you can take away from these prospect tournaments.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hey, Lee, the Jets like taking guys back from the Canucks (Wellwood, Glass, technically Rypien), and Mason Raymond is out of work with less than three weeks to go. Decent player. Take a chance on him?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Blue Jackets won the 2005 and 2006 Traverse City tournament with prospects that combined for 0 playoff wins and almost none of those players are still with the team. There's basically nothing you can take away from these prospect tournaments.

It doesn't really matter if my 6th rounders beat your 7th rounders.

Most are going to be in Europe eventually.

IEI5Tg1.png

It doesn't really matter if my 6th rounders beat your 7th rounders.

Most are going to be in Europe eventually.

Yeah, the thing most people forget about these tournaments is that probably less than a quarter of the players will play over 100 games in the NHL, let alone with their current team.

Unless you're the Red Wings

I'm using hyperbole to emphasize how badly they played. Do I need to include primer with every post?
The only thing I took from that game was that Igor Bobkov is dog :censored: and is going to have a rough season in Salt Lake City.

Other than that, yeah not too much. I wanted to go, but kinda glad I didn't. The only thing I wanted to see was John Gibson in net, but he didn't play and they got their ass kicked. So eh.

They play another one of these at the Kings practice rink on Monday. Maybe they rebound. Maybe they don't. It doesn't matter. It was nice to watch a little bit of hockey though.

---

However, the one thing that bothered me from that game is that the 2013 Pacific Division banner was already raised. No ceremony or anything. Just there. And they changed the division banner colors. And took down the Mighty Ducks inaugural season banner (just as we celebrate the 20th). And to keep the Stanley Cup banner centered (because Scott Niedermayer said so, because the Devils do it to highlight the achievement or whatever.) the banners now go 2013 PD, 2003 WC, 2007 SC, 2007 WC, 2007 PD. Notchronological. Not grouped in any certain manner. Dumb.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived