2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denver Post reporting that Avs are not going to take Seth Jones with #1 pick.

IJPX6WN.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Scotiabank Place renamed Canadian Tire Centre.

RedBlacks kind of looking good right now

Damn, I had just gotten used to calling it Scotiabank Place. I actually don't mind the new name though. I'll probably just call it the CTC which sounds a lot better than SBP.

Missed opportunity to resurrect the Palladium name the building originally had. "Canadian Tire Palladium" sounds pretty good to me.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Damn, I had just gotten used to calling it Scotiabank Place. I actually don't mind the new name though. I'll probably just call it the CTC which sounds a lot better than SBP.

Missed opportunity to resurrect the Palladium name the building originally had. "Canadian Tire Palladium" sounds pretty good to me.

Eh. I think "Scotiabank Palladium" sounds better.

The Barclays Center is gonna be really really bad for the Devils, isn't it.

Somebody doesn't like the Devils...

What does it have to do with my feelings for the Devils--which are ambivalent to favorable in that the team annoys me but I want them to exist and prosper--when I say that having a new arena in Brooklyn will take events away from the new arena in Newark, which, if the Devils do indeed handle the management of their own arena, will be bad for the Devils?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Barclays Center is gonna be really really bad for the Devils, isn't it.

Barclays Center is going to be bad for the Islanders too...

43ThTtV.jpg

Eh, still better than having them play in Kansas City/whatever other location outside the NYC area I suppose.

I do love the irony that now all of a sudden there's thirty different plans competing for the Nassau Coliseum site after the Isles moved away, too.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Eh. I think "Scotiabank Palladium" sounds better.

They won't use the name Palladium for the same reason Rogers ditched the SkyDome name. The sponsors don't want fans to be able to say the name of the arena without saying the company name. I'm surprised that the Saddledome has managed to survive.

When it looks like what it's named after. Hard not to lose the name.

Plus Scotiabank Saddledome works, as did Pengrowth, as did Canadian Airlines Olympic.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Denver Post reporting that Avs are not going to take Seth Jones with #1 pick.

Bittersweet for me as a Panthers fan. I love MacKinnon and really wanted him. However, Jones is what we need. (among other things)

Archived