NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we could somehow convince the Pacers to match their jersey side-panel striping to their shorts side-panel striping then their jerseys would look fine for another...10 years or so.

If you don't know what I'm talking about.....

Click here and take a good look at those stripes.

Navy surrounded by white then gray then gold on top.

Navy surrounded by gray then white then gold on bottom.

Everyone call your congressman and complain. It's been going on for years.

Would they be able to make the change in time for this upcoming season?

Not according to Adam Silver. It would be a lame-duck season, kinda like the one the Hornets Pelicans just had.

Are the Bobcats/Hornets interested in owning a NBDL team? Would be nice if they sent the Bobcats name to their feeder team and took back the Charlotte Hornets.

Are the Bobcats/Hornets interested in owning a NBDL team? Would be nice if they sent the Bobcats name to their feeder team and took back the Charlotte Hornets.

After reading the first sentence I though you were going to suggest they go join the NBDL...they might reach .500!

Within the next few weeks, it's extremely possible the Bobcats announce intentions to obtain the Hornets moniker. Not a sure bet, but a possibility.

Will not happen. The second they do this, Bobcat gear sales drop to nearly zero as everyone will want to wait for Hornets gear. They may make the decision soon (or have done so already) but I can't imagine they would announce it a year in advance...would probably wait until at least next Jan. or Feb.

Within the next few weeks, it's extremely possible the Bobcats announce intentions to obtain the Hornets moniker. Not a sure bet, but a possibility.

Will not happen. The second they do this, Bobcat gear sales drop to nearly zero as everyone will want to wait for Hornets gear. They may make the decision soon (or have done so already) but I can't imagine they would announce it a year in advance...would probably wait until at least next Jan. or Feb.

Less gear sales then they have now? It's hard to get much lower. Walk around Charlotte you see Hornet stuff everywhere. Hardly any Bobcat stuff. Also all the malls stock a whole lot more Charlotte Hornets gear then they do Bobcats gear.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

If you'll notice online, the NBA section on newera.com doesn't even list the Bobcats as a team, just the Hornets. In all likelihood, the hope around here is that they announce at or before the draft. Bobcats stuff is on clearance from the start, Hornets merch is a gold mine, so not much lost in that regard.

Also, the Pelicans started selling their new stuff during their lame duck season and apparently had pretty decent sales, so there's no reason the Bobcats couldn't do the same.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

After reading the first sentence I though you were going to suggest they go join the NBDL...they might reach .500!

I went to see the vipers at one point this year, and they had a very solid lineup, all of whom i believe are or were in this years NBA playoffs. Would've probably been a good game.

Raptors, Jazz, Suns and Wizards all need to update their primary logo. With the Hornets becoming Pelicans and Bobcats maybe becoming Hornets again they soon will be the only ones left who don't use their primary logos at all anymore but are too cheap to pay the fees and update it.

(Didn't include Nets and Sixers to the list since the only difference between the primary logo and the one they actually use is just the inclusion of city name).

Raptors, Jazz, Suns and Wizards all need to update their primary logo. With the Hornets becoming Pelicans and Bobcats maybe becoming Hornets again they soon will be the only ones left who don't use their primary logos at all anymore but are too cheap to pay the fees and update it.

(Didn't include Nets and Sixers to the list since the only difference between the primary logo and the one they actually use is just the inclusion of city name).

Wizards and Raptors 1000 times yes. If the Raps aren't going to go back to including purple, the Jurassic Park cartoon has to go. It's hideous in all red. And the Wizards, yeah. They just need a new name. The uniforms and colors don't fit the identity.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I have no news, but it seems inevitable that a merchandising-happy team like Brooklyn will add an alt sooner than later. What could it possibly look like? The return of the monochrome black Christmas jersey?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

If you'll notice online, the NBA section on newera.com doesn't even list the Bobcats as a team, just the Hornets. In all likelihood, the hope around here is that they announce at or before the draft. Bobcats stuff is on clearance from the start, Hornets merch is a gold mine, so not much lost in that regard.

Also, the Pelicans started selling their new stuff during their lame duck season and apparently had pretty decent sales, so there's no reason the Bobcats couldn't do the same.

You're right. Assuming the change is occuring.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Sixers need new uniforms, although their current set could be fixed with a few minor tweaks.

new logo identity period, i hate it looks old font in soooo boring and the unis are uninspiring

Archived