NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey at least the shorts aren't the same template as the Christmas/Latin night ones.

They are the same template as the Celtics' existing alternate atrocities with the black trim... but the side panels in gold looks magnitudes worse, somehow.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

It's not even the sleeves, those giant waistbands on the shorts look terrible.

I wouldn't mind if the NBA borrowed from soccer and allowed players to decide if they want to wear sleeves or not. It's not like any teams use the sleeves for striping or any designs, so it wouldn't look bad if one guy has sleeves and the other doesn't. And since they sleeves are attached to the jerseys, you won't have mismatching undershirts like you sometimes see in college. This way the NBA can sell both versions for each of a team's jerseys. But the sleeves are probably just there to put ads on in a couple years so this probably won't happen.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

yeah...no...im honestly getting sick of the sleeves being pushed by adidas, imo, the only time sleeves should be used is like the compression shirts that are being worn, i rather it be that way than the crap adidas is spitting out

2rzsaw3.jpg

More trash from Adidas. When will they wake up to the fact that fans don't like sleeves and players are complaining about them?

Apparently they have the league on a short leash if the Celtics, who haven't changed in forever, and who for the longest time fought against their black/green alternate, can't even stand up and say No.

I think that it will take at least 3-4 more LeBron type complaints before someone really raises an eyebrow.

More trash from Adidas. When will they wake up to the fact that fans don't like sleeves and players are complaining about them?

Apparently they have the league on a short leash if the Celtics, who haven't changed in forever, and who for the longest time fought against their black/green alternate, can't even stand up and say No.

I think that it will take at least 3-4 more LeBron type complaints before someone really raises an eyebrow.

I wasn't aware the Celtics ever fought the existing alternate. These days it seems like they wear it for half the road games. Red Auerbach is not walking through that door.

Also I found this old photo from 1946... note the short panels. In a sense this really IS a (hideously ugly) modernization of those old uniforms. You win this one, Adidas PR team.

!Bb-jClQB2k~$(KGrHqYH-EYEqvr(s-RWBKygBCv

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I wasn't aware the Celtics ever fought the existing alternate. These days it seems like they wear it for half the road games. Red Auerbach is not walking through that door.

Also I found this old photo from 1946... note the short panels. In a sense this really IS a (hideously ugly) modernization of those old uniforms. You win this one, Adidas PR team.

!Bb-jClQB2k~$(KGrHqYH-EYEqvr(s-RWBKygBCv

Red is too busy turning over in his grave at the site of these monstrosities.

I understand players may or may not like these but to actually put anything into what LeBron says is pretty stupid. What would you expect Nike's golden child to say about a competitors uniforms that he has to wear?

I understand players may or may not like these but to actually put anything into what LeBron says is pretty stupid. What would you expect Nike's golden child to say about a competitors uniforms that he has to wear?
He has no problems with Adidas' tanks

Archived