NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

I saw this gem in an MLB article on Yahoo! Sports:

And the latest craze to sweep the NBA - the franchise name change - is reportedly heading to Canada. The Toronto Raptors may follow franchises in New Orleans and Charlotte and have a new identity soon.

Is there any truth to this?

I hope so. The Raptors identity got lame as soon as they dropped the purple and went to the generic Canadian color scheme.

Maybe they bring back the Toronto Huskies?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this whilst rummaging around online looking for Suns 2013-14 logos:

phx-alt-2013_zps1f41e186.png

It was part of a designer's portfolio that also contained the new SUNS ambigram and also the design of the mysixthman.com work, so I think it's legit. That being said, we don't know if the Suns decided to use this in their new logo package, so we'll see.

It was part of a designer's portfolio that also contained the new SUNS ambigram and also the design of the mysixthman.com work, so I think it's legit. That being said, we don't know if the Suns decided to use this in their new logo package, so we'll see.

Suns are gonna look more D-League than ever

gag

i'm sure the jerseys is not legit, because the wordmark they will use is the arching NEW ORLEANS with the outline of GOLD and without the fleur-de-lis logo. someone posted the legit wordmarks but i cannot remember what thread.

that was me :)

here are the official wordmarks again:

nola-wordmarks_zps9379148e.png

so I guess that photo posted above is just another concept. nice look to it, but seemingly no truth.

yes brother that's what i'm talking about, but the court looks sexy.

Any news on whether or not the rockets are going to finally get rid of the Chinese national team unis and revert back to the traditional ketchup and mustard colors? The logo is fine it shows the H and R while using a rocket launch with simplicity but the uniforms need an overhaul as well as the colors! No retro look like the sixers just retro championship colors!

And I can do without them using the alts as the regular unis it's better than the regulars but they can do better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jlopezcreative/status/142454006881583105/photos

Take the ball on the inside (if you notice it's the original Houston rockets ball just facing down) and take out the 45 and blow up the current logo to fit inside the space where the old word mark was and I think you have a winner esp for a mid court logo. Bring back the ketchup and mustard plus you keep the championship tradition with the ball logo implemented with the new bam please someone with a little extra time and some awesome software at their disposal make this concept happen and then send it to the rockets!

Staring from the bottom trying to rise to the top?...as if money wasn't enough for these guys to try to get to the nba maybe some of them need more motivation and getting their name to the top just might be that extra motivation!

The question with the d league is why did they not make the decision to either have all nba teams spend the money to have affiliate teams or have none? And maybe open up the uniform design for these teams and allow the fans or guys from here battle for the design anything has to better than that crap!...not the redo but the original. If the mavs can do it I'm sure the d league has less constraints

Staring from the bottom trying to rise to the top?...as if money wasn't enough for these guys to try to get to the nba maybe some of them need more motivation and getting their name to the top just might be that extra motivation!

And suddenly it all makes sense...

And suddenly it all makes sense...

Or maybe simply Adidas has no creativity or sense of simplicity.

Go A's!

^ agreed, tho maybe this is just to delay the inevitable of sponsors on unis :(

using that updated Suns burst logo, I fixed my approximation of their "primary" and secondary (which will actually be their primary):

Suns_2013-14-primary-2_zps52b34022.png

(^ i tried the bball lines as purple, but it looks WAY out of place, any suggestions as to a recolor they might do?)

Suns_2013-14-secondary_zps8de034d3.png

The Suns identity is a complete mess. It won't happen, but they need to figure out a way to completely start over. All of their current logos seem outdated to me. That square logo seems stuck in the '90s and it should stay there. Even the PHX logo is stale, IMO. They can't seem to decide on their colors either. Purple and orange have been the franchise's identity from the start and it should stay that way...I certainly don't like purple more or less delegated to a trim color status. And please, pick black or gray, not both. Even the new suns wordmark used on the court with the beveled lettering looks outdated to me. I would much rather see some sort of rebrand with a neo-retro look from the '80s. I almost hate to think what their new unis will look like just using the orange and black, which seems to be where they are heading.

^ agreed, tho maybe this is just to delay the inevitable of sponsors on unis :(

using that updated Suns burst logo, I fixed my approximation of their "primary" and secondary (which will actually be their primary):

Suns_2013-14-primary-2_zps52b34022.png

(^ i tried the bball lines as purple, but it looks WAY out of place, any suggestions as to a recolor they might do?)

Suns_2013-14-secondary_zps8de034d3.png

The Suns identity is a complete mess. It won't happen, but they need to figure out a way to completely start over. All of their current logos seem outdated to me. That square logo seems stuck in the '90s and it should stay there. Even the PHX logo is stale, IMO. They can't seem to decide on their colors either. Purple and orange have been the franchise's identity from the start and it should stay that way...I certainly don't like purple more or less delegated to a trim color status. And please, pick black or gray, not both. Even the new suns wordmark used on the court with the beveled lettering looks outdated to me. I would much rather see some sort of rebrand with a neo-retro look from the '80s. I almost hate to think what their new unis will look like just using the orange and black, which seems to be where they are heading.

I really like the wordmark and the beveling. My hope is that they keep some semblance of purple and reveal the jerseys soon!

The Sioux Falls Skyforce have changed their logo to reflect their new exclusive affiliation with the Heat.

New:

skyforce_heat_logos_600_130610.jpg

33VMsHV.jpgXMzmG9r.jpg

Old:

46474a.jpg

pittman_300_101127.jpg0204-pittman-assignment-300.jpg

The typeface was close enough that they didn't really need to add the Heat flair/flame. Downplaying Sioux Falls and the Sky in Skyforce makes me wonder if they are long for the Dakotas. Sunrise Force? Florida Force of Estero?

If so, it would be another sad day in ex-CBA team history. Or did they simply affiliate, not buy?

The guys over at Pacers Digest are convinced that the Pacers are getting new unis in 2013-2014...apparently, one of guys heard before this past season that this would be the last we'd see of them.

...and we can say goodbye to the manufacturer construction issues that have screwed up the jersey striping pattern from Day One.

Archived