NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm seeing an inconsistency here. every single uni uses grey + the team's dark color EXCEPT the Heat, which uses white instead of grey:

from NBA.com: heat-xmas_zps19367bad.jpg

But then there's also this promo shot:

BIG-Logo_Jersey_HEAT.jpg

where it looks like it IS grey. i guess this one's correct, but it's still weird how the one being sold on NBA.com is white/black.

a poll from Darren Rovell:

https://poptip.com/r/darrenrovell/poll-adidas-says-its-sleeved-nba-jerseys-are-more-practical-for-public-to-buy-vs-tanktop-would-you-buy-one-yes-no

at time of posting this, 21% of people said they would buy one of these, which i guess is enough for success for Adidas :(

Okay, every single one of this looks terrible. It's also bad to see that they made awful templated shorts for each team, rather than their normal shorts.

It's ridiculous that these come just two years after Adidas was jacking itself off over its NEW! LIGHTER! LESS MATERIAL-IER! jerseys, which necessitated them ruining the aesthetics of many teams and making literally every jersey look worse. So, they had to :censored: things up enough to leave their mark (which is all it was ever about), and it was done to theoretically improve performance by 0.00000017%. yet now they are adding sleeves, which will increase weight, and also slapping a giant freaking logo on the front? Just foolishness.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Knicks have an Orange sleeved jersey, with a blue logo with "KNICKS" and the basketball in white. Once again, my iPad won't let me upload a picture

Here

Looks purple. Bad lighting?

I actually love how the logo looks in monochrome.

I do too. I think they should make all the grey in their current logo orange. Grey looks whack on it.

Here are the Rockets Christmas alts. Just as disappointing as i'm sure most of you suspected.

VjgQJaB.jpg

Any word on what the shorts will look like for these?

1450286_10152006016557320_774405577_n.jp

Not trying to be dramatic, but I'm not going to watch games with these goofy uniforms. My head might explode if I tried.

Definitely. I am admittedly more of a casual basketball fan, anyway. We host Christmas, so I am running around most of the day, talking with different people in different rooms, changing garbage a dozen times, etc. A Bulls game on Christmas would have just been on in the background, with me only paying attention if it was close at the end. But I'm not going to watch a second because I don't care to see that crap. The Roman household will not be watching the Bulls on Christmas this year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I really hate how all the shorts are the same. Once again, it's about the manufacturer and not the team.

As for the jersey, these would be suitable warm-ups. In fact, they should do that...warm-up T-shirt style jerseys with names and numbers on the back. They could sell some and not look like clowns during the games.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The shorts look like stupid Walmart shorts.

The thing that bothers me most about these is 1. None look better than they would without sleeves. 2. None of these benefit from a silver logo over their normal colored logos.

Oh and I called it a few months ago: on the rockets IG they referred to these as "BIG logo Christmas jerseys"

I really preferred last yrs jerseys. They were unique to each team and used team colors.

Archived