NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

I really hate how all the shorts are the same. Once again, it's about the manufacturer and not the team.

As for the jersey, these would be suitable warm-ups. In fact, they should do that...warm-up T-shirt style jerseys with names and numbers on the back. They could sell some and not look like clowns during the games.

This is my biggest pet peeve in modern uniform design. Team Adidas at Chicago etc needs to go away forever.

It actually makes me angry. A uniform is making me upset.

Time to reevaluate things, kids. :P

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that dwight howard rockets picture is awesome. those look great to me. honestly. :\

I feel you in a way, I love these as purely fan stuff, like T-shirts or exercise gear. But I don't understand why they feel the need to force-feed them onto the court. I guess my main problem with these is that this is pure marketing at its finest - this isn't really about the NBA, the players, the fans, even the designs, this is about making Adidas, and only Adidas, look good, and everything else we've heard is just some bull they put out to justify it. I can't support that.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Okay, every single one of this looks terrible. It's also bad to see that they made awful templated shorts for each team, rather than their normal shorts.

It's ridiculous that these come just two years after Adidas was jacking itself off over its NEW! LIGHTER! LESS MATERIAL-IER! jerseys, which necessitated them ruining the aesthetics of many teams and making literally every jersey look worse. So, they had to :censored: things up enough to leave their mark (which is all it was ever about), and it was done to theoretically improve performance by 0.00000017%. yet now they are adding sleeves, which will increase weight, and also slapping a giant freaking logo on the front? Just foolishness.

The sleeved jerseys are actually supposed to be lighter than the current jerseys. Imagine how much lighter they'd be without the sleeves!

I actually liked last years jerseys. They made sense (aside from the Nets wearing Dark Green) and i wouldn't mind more teams using them as Alts (Like the Heat are).

But these are just awful. Also, nobody wants to wear a skin tight jersey, unless they have a nice athletic build. I see people wearing tank top jerseys all the time, with an undershirt. Does Adidas not understand that most people who have tank tops wear an undershirt? Even if im wearing a Baseball or Basketball jersey, i have a tshirt on under. These are so skin tight, that they are most likley going to make you sweat too, nobody wants to walk around with a big sweat stain, lol. Im done with Adidas. My expectations are so low, that if they gave the Nets a bright pink long sleeved jersey, i would actually think that they tried their best.

I don't like how they're just logo on the front, number on the sleeve and back. If they tried some sleeve striping or side panels, maybe I'd like them better. Right now they remind me of the "Build-Your-Own-(Insert Team Here)-Tee" that the NBA sells online.

i'm seeing an inconsistency here. every single uni uses grey + the team's dark color EXCEPT the Heat, which uses white instead of grey:

from NBA.com: heat-xmas_zps19367bad.jpg

But then there's also this promo shot:

BIG-Logo_Jersey_HEAT.jpg

where it looks like it IS grey. i guess this one's correct, but it's still weird how the one being sold on NBA.com is white/black.

In the commercial the heat one looks White as well .. maybe Lebrons wearing like a prototype or something? you can see at the end after he dunks and they all turn around

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Ok, color vs. color is becoming a trend lately. Before it used to be the Lakers at home vs. the opponent on a non-Sunday or Christmas game. Now it looks like games are getting more colorful. But some didn't follow.

TOR-ATL: Hawks wore red alts at home. But Raptors wore white when they should have worn their black alts.

BOS-DET: Pistons wore 'Motor City' alts at home. But Celtics wore white when they should have worn their green aways. (BOS did wear green vs. Orlando's blacks).

MIA-BKN: Nets wore black at home. But Heat wore white when they should have used their red alts.

CHI-PHI: 76ers wore blue at home. But Bulls wore white when they should have used either their red aways or their black alts.

DEN-SAC:Kings wore purple at home. But Nuggets wore white when they should have used their baby blue aways or their gold alts. (DEN did wear baby blue vs. Utah's navy).

UTAH-TOR: Raptors wore camouflage alts at home. But Jazz wore white when they should have used their navy aways.

These color vs. color matchups are serving me well, except for teams wearing white on the road vs. the opponent in a different color.

I agree with you. I hate seeing home whites on the road. Color vs. Color is just beautiful and if the colors contrast wear them! We live in a world of HD, we can tell the difference! The Jazz-Nugs game was gorgeous with the Jazz blue vs. Nuggets sky blue.

MORE PLEASE!

And Light Blue vs. Navy isn't be the best matchup between Denver and Utah. I'd love to see a Yellow vs. Dark Green game.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

i like color on color, and i think it should be more common. As long as it isn't Red on Red, or Black vs Black, stuff like that. Like how many teams have a Alt home jersey that isn't White with a different design? If the Bulls want to wear Red at home sometimes, let them. If the Mavs want to wear Navy at home, have at it.

“We know fans want to wear the authentic product that the players are wearing,” says Chris Grancio, head of global basketball sports marketing at Adidas. “In the NBA, it’s just harder for fans to do that because a tank top is just a little bit more difficult to wear.”

“A shirt with short sleeves can probably be worn a little bit more effectively than a shirt with no sleeves,” says Sal LaRocca, executive vice president of global merchandising for the NBA.

Um... did they just imply that fans are too stupid to wear a tank top?

“We know fans want to wear the authentic product that the players are wearing,” says Chris Grancio, head of global basketball sports marketing at Adidas. “In the NBA, it’s just harder for fans to do that because a tank top is just a little bit more difficult to wear.”

“A shirt with short sleeves can probably be worn a little bit more effectively than a shirt with no sleeves,” says Sal LaRocca, executive vice president of global merchandising for the NBA.

i'm pretty sure that's a bit of a stretch on your part....

do you honestly think they used the term "difficult to wear" to mean that it takes a higher level of skill than the average fan possesses? as if they would have a hard time successfully navigating the similarly sized and shaped head-and-arm holes?

the obviously meant that t-shirts and sleeved shirts are more appropriate attire on a day-to-day basis than a tank top. I don't think I've ever worn a tank top out in public, because it makes just about everyone look either out of shape or like they're out on bail.

yes, you can wear a tshirt under. i've done that to every nba game i've ever been to (which is like maybe 5) but i totally see why the nba would assume jersey sales would go up if their jerseys were more in line with every day clothing, like all the other sports. they weren't saying people aren't smart enough to physically wear a shirt.

do you honestly think they used the term "difficult to wear" to mean that it takes a higher level of skill than the average fan possesses? as if they would have a hard time successfully navigating the similarly sized and shaped head-and-arm holes?

the obviously meant that t-shirts and sleeved shirts are more appropriate attire on a day-to-day basis than a tank top. I don't think I've ever worn a tank top out in public, because it makes just about everyone look either out of shape or like they're out on bail.

yes, you can wear a tshirt under. i've done that to every nba game i've ever been to (which is like maybe 5) but i totally see why the nba would assume jersey sales would go up if their jerseys were more in line with every day clothing, like all the other sports. they weren't saying people aren't smart enough to physically wear a shirt.

It was supposed to be a joke. I just had a visual in my mind of someone sticking their head and arm through one hole or putting the shirt on upside down and crying out "there's got to be a better way!"

I agree, but i don't think that a skin tight shirt, that has material to make you sweat and also show sweat stains really helps anybody look in shape. I wear my T Shirts that have the word marks way more than i wear jerseys. But all that should tell the NBA is increase production and advertising of player TShirts, OR put more of a design on the TShirt.

If this whole Sleeved Jersey thing is to remind people about the WordMark TShirts they could buy instead, and the NBA isnt seriously considering making these a full time thing..

Then Bravo. Bra Vo

Archived