NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas sucksssss. The fact that it's all the exact same template for every team screams both laziness and valuing self-promotion over the actual product. If they really need to have special Christmas uniforms, why not do something like recoloring all the teams' regular uniforms in red and green? These sleeved clownsuits don't even look Christmassy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

yeah it makes total sense to give every team a different template uniform for 1 game....

MLB did just that for their league-wide TATC. And since it's just 10 teams playing on Christmas, is it that hard? Nope. Adidas is just too lazy and have too much hubris about their own trash.

But in a real sense, is even creating these new shirts necessary? Absolutely not. It's a gimmick and it will always be that. And it's a terrible one.

Go A's!

I suppose the jerseys of teams not playing on Christmas can be considered as fashion jerseys. Anyway, quite unexpected colour choice for the Grizzlies

nba-135458.jpg?width=400&height=400&qual

Is there a place that shows all of them? Or did they only make them for quasi-good teams that could have been considered for Christmas games? (Meaning, no Wizards, Kings, Bobcats, Magic, etc.)

90758391980.gif

I suppose the jerseys of teams not playing on Christmas can be considered as fashion jerseys. Anyway, quite unexpected colour choice for the Grizzlies

nba-135458.jpg?width=400&height=400&qual

Is there a place that shows all of them? Or did they only make them for quasi-good teams that could have been considered for Christmas games? (Meaning, no Wizards, Kings, Bobcats, Magic, etc.)

They have 17 here but not that Memphis one, so who knows...

http://store.nba.com/search/2013NBAChristmasDay?ab=NBA_HP_A_BIGHoliday_111413

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I have two issues with these Xmas unis and the sleeves have nothing to do with that. Go figure.

First off these would look so much better if they were actually unique designs and not paint by numbers templates. At minimum they should at least look like the normal uni sets just with sleeves. I think that's a flaw in the unis design though. Those areas were there could be stripes or piping are occupied by the breathable mesh stuff.

Second, they are just too tight. The players don't wear their normal unis that tight so why do they do it with these? I definitely don't want to see a overweight fan squeeze into one of those so here's hoping they fit more like soccer jerseys on fans.

I have two issues with these Xmas unis and the sleeves have nothing to do with that. Go figure.

First off these would look so much better if they were actually unique designs and not paint by numbers templates. At minimum they should at least look like the normal uni sets just with sleeves. I think that's a flaw in the unis design though. Those areas were there could be stripes or piping are occupied by the breathable mesh stuff.

Second, they are just too tight. The players don't wear their normal unis that tight so why do they do it with these? I definitely don't want to see a overweight fan squeeze into one of those so here's hoping they fit more like soccer jerseys on fans.

I'm thinking the retail version won't be so form fitting.

I'm thinking the retail version won't be so form fitting.

It's not. Being a warrior fans seen them all too much.

It's around $350 for an authentic. form fitting

$110 for the replica swingman, which is more of a t-shirt cut

$25 for an actual t-shirt.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

yeah it makes total sense to give every team a different template uniform for 1 game....

That may be true, but does not take away from the fact that this is about the manufacturer and not the teams.

If they cannot get unique looks that represent the team then they should not bother.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

MLB did just that for their league-wide TATC. And since it's just 10 teams playing on Christmas, is it that hard? Nope. Adidas is just too lazy and have too much hubris about their own trash.

But in a real sense, is even creating these new shirts necessary? Absolutely not. It's a gimmick and it will always be that. And it's a terrible one.

That was also 15 years ago and was more of a concept "what if program". All but 10 teams participated so you are wrong it wasn't league wide and a lot of the design direction for the team that started it was the Seattle Mariners, namely Ken Griffey Jr. Were these even sold at retail?

Teams play on X-mas in the NBA, adidas is just taking advantage of that spotlight to try something different. It's not the end of the sports world as some of you might think. Too lazy would be rolling out the same uniforms every year.

Archived