NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

It wasn't a stupid question back off...LeBron or Wade always had special Miami colors aka Miami vice-esque shoes and designed shirts for years. Maybe hinting to possible rebrand ..those "Miami" colors are indeed teal, flamingos red(pink) and white. So in Teal defense he is correct so haters sit down and shut up! Btw ill post pics and links of Miami special edition shoes shirts etc. Or you can google it yourself

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was a stupid question, and your response is just as stupid. The Heat wore those- and still continue to market them- on Hardwood Classics nights. It belonged to Miami's old ABA team, the Floridians.

Sure It works for a team with another name....but not the Heat. Teal is quite possibly the "un-hottest" color.

As much as I hate them, their whole identity: logo, colors, unis, etc. is among the best in the league. Sure their logo looks amateur, but their name is the Heat and they play basketball. Their logo is a basketball on fire, scoring a basket. What more could you ask for?

sig.png

I don't agree with too much what TEAL posts ..but I draw the line when someone "bullies" are call a point/opinion idiotic WITHOUT merit..just google LeBron James Miami vice,Miami Heat Miami Vice, or Lebrons Miami vice etc and you will see a whole world or t-shirts,shoes ,etc

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF_DiQQ08r20jIeR0woyXYOHFmEql0LddZhCSa_Ojbytb2qdFoAoKhSEgz

shado_logo.gif

Guys if LeBron re-signs with the Heat in the off-season any chance Miami rebrand? I would love a miami teal look for the team.

Miami is among the least likely to ever rebrand. They are a rare expansion team that absolutely nailed it with their logo from day one save for a color tweek to the logo, then won three championships and are among the most marketed teams in the world.

Go buy a Hornets jersey next year.

I don't think the Heat nailed it at all. There's nothing special or iconic about their logo. It's just that the name is so bad, nobody can think of a better logo to represent it and not infringe on the Suns. Their current uniforms are terrible, too. And the reason they're so marketed is that they have the best player in the world. Nobody in China is watching the Heat if they're still featuring Alonzo Mourning and Rony Seikaly.

The other choices for the team name included stuff like Barracudas, Sharks, and Flamingos. I think Beaches and Suntan were also considered. I'd pick "Heat" over any of those.

The NBA's most iconic teams are the Celtics and Lakers, and the Heat will never be on their level. But they can be as iconic as the Bulls, who earned that distinction only because of their association with Michael Jordan. The Heat's look isn't iconic now, but it's well on the way.

If LeBron re-signs, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a "Miami Vice" uniform as a promotion. He's been here for 4 years, and they've already cranked out about 20 jerseys. They're going to run out of ideas.

PJU85JF.png

Guys if LeBron re-signs with the Heat in the off-season any chance Miami rebrand? I would love a miami teal look for the team.

Miami is among the least likely to ever rebrand. They are a rare expansion team that absolutely nailed it with their logo from day one save for a color tweek to the logo, then won three championships and are among the most marketed teams in the world.

I don't think the Heat nailed it at all. There's nothing special or iconic about their logo. It's just that the name is so bad, nobody can think of a better logo to represent it and not infringe on the Suns. Their current uniforms are terrible, too. And the reason they're so marketed is that they have the best player in the world. Nobody in China is watching the Heat if they're still featuring Alonzo Mourning and Rony Seikaly.

The other choices for the team name included stuff like Barracudas, Sharks, and Flamingos. I think Beaches and Suntan were also considered. I'd pick "Heat" over any of those.

The NBA's most iconic teams are the Celtics and Lakers, and the Heat will never be on their level. But they can be as iconic as the Bulls, who earned that distinction only because of their association with Michael Jordan. The Heat's look isn't iconic now, but it's well on the way.

If LeBron re-signs, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a "Miami Vice" uniform as a promotion. He's been here for 4 years, and they've already cranked out about 20 jerseys. They're going to run out of ideas.

but they aren't going to change their primaries any time soon. these are the uniforms they have won all of their championships in, this is their look now, it's the same reason why the patriots won't change until at least brady retires.

There is no way Miami would jeopardize there marketing strong hold by re branding in the middle of Lebron's run with the team. A one-off teal jersey day, maybe, Miami seems to trot everything and anything out to sell a jersey. But not a rebrand.

As far as "nailed it" I didn't mean it was a perfect logo so much as it has been their logo since day one. Its working for them, its perfectly modern and classic at the same time, and it won't change anytime soon.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I heard the two final name choices of Miami's NBA franchise were the Heat and the Vice. That would've been a nice name too. I hope they take Vice for the MLS club!

Btw. the Heat logo would look much better if they would switch the black and white.So the ring should be black and the outlines white. And they should replace the yellow with orange. Imo the current Heat uniforms are not even in the top 20 of the league.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Props to Luke_gagnon for the link(within a link)..

Portland Trailblazers to possibly redesign jerseys/image by 2015 season!!! Debate and concepts thoughts??!!

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/11/17/5114716/blazers-investigate-possibility-of-new-jersey-designs

Blazers president Chris McGowan told Blazersedge at Media Day that the Blazers would not wear short sleeve alternate jerseys this season.

Best part of the article.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Props to Luke_gagnon for the link(within a link)..

Portland Trailblazers to possibly redesign jerseys/image by 2015 season!!! Debate and concepts thoughts??!!

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/11/17/5114716/blazers-investigate-possibility-of-new-jersey-designs

dumb idea..........they are great unis..........should not change, like the bulls don´t mess with theirs

Other than that onesie, which I'm sure isn't close to official merchandise, none of those have anything to do with the Miami Heat as a team. It's all Lebron stuff.

Yes, it fits Miami as a city. Blue and orange fits New York, but not every team in NYC wears it.

It's like when team's sell blackout stuff, like hats and what not. Sure, it looks good, but it's completely irrelevant to the team's official identity.

Pink and teal for a team called the Heat would be like the Cincinnati Reds wearing blue.

It's the same reason the Calgary Flames wear a similar scheme.

sig.png

Other than that onesie, which I'm sure isn't close to official merchandise, none of those have anything to do with the Miami Heat as a team. It's all Lebron stuff.

Yes, it fits Miami as a city. Blue and orange fits New York, but not every team in NYC wears it.

It's like when team's sell blackout stuff, like hats and what not. Sure, it looks good, but it's completely irrelevant to the team's official identity.

Pink and teal for a team called the Heat would be like the Cincinnati Reds wearing blue.

It's the same reason the Calgary Flames wear a similar scheme.

B)

Actually, the Heat did, in fact, nail it. Their original uniforms were based somewhat on the Lakers number font and style:

object_20.1341913235.23669.jpg041111+glen+rice+heat.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzkobe2.jpg

People liked their look from the get-go, even when they had Glen Rice and Co. It sells more now because they have LeBron, and also they're more successful. However, it's a great look either way. The logo was perfect, the team name works, and they've kept a consistent identity from the beginning. You do NOT rebrand something that works. You think Coca-Cola is going to change their main color to green and use a Comic Sans font? No, because that would be stupid. You do not destroy brand recognition. The Heat are at a point that their brand is as well known as the Bulls, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc. I promise you, nothing is changing.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived