NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

The Timberwolves had throwback graphics on their website just a couple weeks ago, giving us hope that they would be wearing the inaugural blue and green set as HWC...is that not to be?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Timberwolves had throwback graphics on their website just a couple weeks ago, giving us hope that they would be wearing the inaugural blue and green set as HWC...is that not to be?

doesn't seem so, tho i'd love to be proved wrong, as i love the color combo of their old blue-green-white scheme.

What would you guys think if they used Nike-back jersey designs ..each team design could use a landmark, championship banners, or designs related to each team identity. If I had the time and skill I would do them. Anybody think cool idea or troll worthy concepts for the NBA.

I don't think I would like it on full time jerseys, but if the NBA is adamant about these one off games, I'd love the idea.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I would like to go on record to say I loved those new Latin Night jerseys designs especially the Suns,Bulls..but LOATHE the fact that they are sleeved jerseys. Anyways, I rather the NBA had Nike-esque back designs on uniforms as opposed to the sleeves.

Nets is still TOO DAMN BLAND! Wish they could have used some form of CURSIVE style or either use Tor's design or the Griffin's without the sleeves of course . I don't think the Dodgers not allowing them the old "Brooklyn font" have anything to do with it. Chicago Bears ,Cincinnati Reds,and Twins use the same type of "C" and Georgia,Gambling State and Packers use the same "G" font l

green.bay.georgia.grambling.jpg

reds.bears.twins.same.logos.jpg

In fact there is a nice article here that shows same logo different teams. So I'm wondering the real reason why Brooklyn couldn't use the cursive font

http://www.lucidsportsfan.com/2013/09/different-teams-same-logos.html?m=1

It's simple. Sports logo wasn't something that was trademarked in the past. Heck, even the famous Yankees logo was used by the Knicks back in the days. But there's no chance of any team using that logo nowadays.

But FYI The Nets had to stop selling any new merchandise with cursive Brooklyn script after a C&D letter from the Dodgers last year. Intellectual property is intellectual property.

Also, I think it's odd that the NBA didn't make the Magic wear white, as usually when a home team wears dark at home, they make the road team where a light color.

Also, isn't there a rule that a team can only wear dark at home for 2 home games per season? Because the Heat are scheduled to wear the red at home a few times, and I'm pretty sure they plan to wear those All black jerseys this year too.

The Lakers are supposed to wear the Hollywood night uniforms I think 5 times at home.

Im sorry teal. You're either a troll, or just have odd opinions.

the remainder of the sleeved unis for this season. ooof.

sleeved-1_zpsa3f37c93.jpg

sleeved-2_zps8af6977d.jpg

sleeved-3_zpscdb52c1f.jpg

I actually like them... does that make me a "troll" ?

Oh teal.

You're always a troll.

Because I like new designs and changes?

Oh ok then.... *rolls eyes*

Jaguars

Also, I think it's odd that the NBA didn't make the Magic wear white, as usually when a home team wears dark at home, they make the road team where a light color.

Also, isn't there a rule that a team can only wear dark at home for 2 home games per season? Because the Heat are scheduled to wear the red at home a few times, and I'm pretty sure they plan to wear those All black jerseys this year too.

The Lakers are supposed to wear the Hollywood night uniforms I think 5 times at home.

The last two seasons prove that there eiher no limitations at all or the rules are very liberal considering uniform use.

Archived