NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Article on the Charlotte Hornets color scheme..interesting on how they had to narrow down from multiple shades of TEAL AND PURPLE to satisfy their 400 licensees!! Keeping the brand consistent without multiple shades of the same scheme. Also liked the fact that they actually are doing almost everything based on what fans voted/polled as the ideal look,etc.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4492883/charlotte-hornets-will-bring-back.html

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sleeves would work better if they had trim on them - either "racing stripes" or cuff trim. Otherwise, they just look like superfluous pieces of fabric. Ringer tees are popular - if the sleeved jerseys were more like those, they'd likely sell a lot better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, if teams are going to use sleeves, then go all out on the sleeves - stripes, patterns, whatever. Like if the Bucks had a sleeved jersey, they could put the Irish rainbow striping on there, or the Heat could put flames - you get the idea.

Yeah, if teams are going to use sleeves, then go all out on the sleeves - stripes, patterns, whatever. Like if the Bucks had a sleeved jersey, they could put the Irish rainbow striping on there, or the Heat could put flames - you get the idea.

Irish rainbow would be pretty cool.

bSLCtu2.png

People liked their look from the get-go, even when they had Glen Rice and Co. It sells more now because they have LeBron, and also they're more successful. However, it's a great look either way. The logo was perfect, the team name works, and they've kept a consistent identity from the beginning. You do NOT rebrand something that works. You think Coca-Cola is going to change their main color to green and use a Comic Sans font? No, because that would be stupid. You do not destroy brand recognition. The Heat are at a point that their brand is as well known as the Bulls, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc. I promise you, nothing is changing.

Well-known? Perhaps. But when I think of red and black in the NBA, I think of the Bulls, period. The Miami Vice rebrand could definitely work as long as they stick with black as their primary color.

People liked their look from the get-go, even when they had Glen Rice and Co. It sells more now because they have LeBron, and also they're more successful. However, it's a great look either way. The logo was perfect, the team name works, and they've kept a consistent identity from the beginning. You do NOT rebrand something that works. You think Coca-Cola is going to change their main color to green and use a Comic Sans font? No, because that would be stupid. You do not destroy brand recognition. The Heat are at a point that their brand is as well known as the Bulls, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc. I promise you, nothing is changing.

Well-known? Perhaps. But when I think of red and black in the NBA, I think of the Bulls, period. The Miami Vice rebrand could definitely work as long as they stick with black as their primary color.

but if you saw a blank heat jersey with no word mark, just black jersey with red side panels and some white and orange piping you instantly know thats the heat, versus a red jersey with a white pentagon on the shorts and some white and black trim being the bulls, both instantly recognizable when compared to say the nets who you could confuse for san antonio, or bucks, mavericks, bobcats, and pelicans not having looks that you could instantly tell who they are

but if you saw a blank heat jersey with no word mark, just black jersey with red side panels and some white and orange piping you instantly know thats the heat, versus a red jersey with a white pentagon on the shorts and some white and black trim being the bulls, both instantly recognizable when compared to say the nets who you could confuse for san antonio, or bucks, mavericks, bobcats, and pelicans not having looks that you could instantly tell who they are

Maybe one of us uni nerds, but for casual fans, the Heat are about as bland as an NBA team gets. Especially with so many teams having red uniforms in their rotation.

I agree with this...if you have to do sleeves, add some flavor to them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe one of us uni nerds, but for casual fans, the Heat are about as bland as an NBA team gets. Especially with so many teams having red uniforms in their rotation.

but the only one with a black primary like the heat is portland and nobody is confusing one for the other, and it's not just uni nerds, I'm talking about anyone who watches the game, or even watches sports center. show them a blank heat jersey and they will know what it is.

@Teal

You have way too many unpopular opinions. It's hard not to think of you as a troll.

I agree. The sleeves are too plain. They need a little something to make them fit in better but I think that could make them heavier which might be bad.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

@Teal

You have way too many unpopular opinions. It's hard not to think of you as a troll.

I agree. The sleeves are too plain. They need a little something to make them fit in better but I think that could make them heavier which might be bad.

I couldn't care less what you think to be honest.

Jaguars

@Teal

I couldn't care less what you think to be honest.

Well, let's leave it at that then.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

but the only one with a black primary like the heat is portland and nobody is confusing one for the other, and it's not just uni nerds, I'm talking about anyone who watches the game, or even watches sports center. show them a blank heat jersey and they will know what it is.

Off the top of my head (and I just woke up) The a nets, Spurs, Raptors, Lakers, Magic, Bulls, all have Black uniforms

Off the top of my head (and I just woke up) The a nets, Spurs, Raptors, Lakers, Magic, Bulls, all have Black uniforms

I'm saying black and red, where black is their main color, black is their primary which is what most people identify with, those other teams either don't have red in there scheme or their black uni is an alternate

^ there was also this HWC magic uni listed for their set of 2013-14 unis:

ywtq681agwnih5yh7uvsbwmf1.gif

but yea, only the Magic and Heat with an HWC uni. boooooo.

Where does it say that the Heat are the only team doing HWC this year?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived