NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Suns' new unis have really grown on me quickly. Probably the only good thing that has happened to NBA unis this season so far

Gotta disagree with you there. They look like an even worse mess on the court. The truncated sunburst on the front, unnecessary butt stripe, and weird sun on the shorts that doesn't match anything else will never look right to me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Suns' new unis have really grown on me quickly. Probably the only good thing that has happened to NBA unis this season so far

Gotta disagree with you there. They look like an even worse mess on the court. The truncated sunburst on the front, unnecessary butt stripe, and weird sun on the shorts that doesn't match anything else will never look right to me.

and the purple road uniform when there is virtually no purple anywhere else in their identity

Yep we noticed at the beginning of the season...sorry . As for the Suns new jerseys I'll go on record too to say that they have grown on me too surprisingly. Can't wait for the black alternate and I'll be cool with this set. Besides it's a lot better than Brooklyn, Oklahoma and a few others.

shado_logo.gif

Miami doesn't have great white home uniforms anymore (and maybe never did). All their current uniforms blow. And in the modern, farcical NBA, there's not really any such thing as a home uniform anymore. Teams kinda just wear whatever they want on any given night, home or road, contrasting colors or not.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Miami doesn't have great white home uniforms anymore (and maybe never did). All their current uniforms blow. And in the modern, farcical NBA, there's not really any such thing as a home uniform anymore. Teams kinda just wear whatever they want on any given night, home or road, contrasting colors or not.

:o .........miami uniforms has been almost the same since the team joined the nba......they are classy

I admit I do like Miami's standard home/road/alternate set. The problem is, as TheOldRoman said, there are so many alternates and speciality uniforms in today's NBA that the home, road, and alternate uniforms aren't really the home, road, and alternate uniforms any more. They're just three uniforms in a seemingly endless set of uniforms.

I admit I do like Miami's standard home/road/alternate set. The problem is, as TheOldRoman said, there are so many alternates and speciality uniforms in today's NBA that the home, road, and alternate uniforms aren't really the home, road, and alternate uniforms any more. They're just three uniforms in a seemingly endless set of uniforms.

right, but some teams are worse then others..........

You and I agree 99.999% on pretty much everything...but I have to disagree with you here. Miami's current (regular) white/black/red set is still top 3 in the NBA in my book. Better than the 90s set with the sloppier wordmark and the shadow numbers. I don't care for the all-red, or all-white, or all-black that they've introduced over the last couple of years, but those are just money grabs.

The home whites still look as good as they did 13 years ago. I love the red panels with the yellow stripe. I think it kind of set a trend back in the day - the Nuggets and Grizzlies had similar (not the same) side accents.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If you have Lebron and your only selling a home, road and alt your doing yourself a disservice financially.

And that's the problem with the NBA nowadays. It's pretty clear that they, above all others, view the uniform primarily as a money-making opportunity. Take the sleeves, for example. They're going to use the sleeves as ad space once the ads start going on uniforms, and they'll mandate that all teams have sleeved alts as a result. All these random alternates make them look like a minor league.

It's all quite ironic considering that the NBA is the only league that won't allow their uniform manufacturer to put their logo on the on-court product.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's all quite ironic considering that the NBA is the only league that won't allow their uniform manufacturer to put their logo on the on-court product.

That was something that was Stern's decision though, so I'd expect the Adidas logo to appear on the unis from next season.

Archived