NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Okay, after digesting an entire day of sleeves.......yeah, I still don't get why they did this. I see very little reason for these to exist as fan merchandise, and I see NO reason for these to exist on the court.

This doesn't seem like a cash-grab, because if so, it's a poorly thought out one. This really seems like Adidas wanting to "flex their muscles" and show off, just because they can. These sleeves seem to exist only to showcase Adidas and Adidas only.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomtucker not hating on Europe when I said European. Just meant it looks like soccer league playing basketball. I then told my family thats what they are going for. Trying to sell jerseys that look like European football.No disrespect to Europe. Sry for not clarifying.

i was kidding man ! :lol:

I share the perspective of those who would never buy an NBA jersey because they look ridiculous worn with a t-shirt and going sleeveless as a fan is even worse.

That said, I wonder if there's not a larger-scale purpose for these sleeved unis...advertising space.

Watching the games yesterday, I couldn't help but be reminded of soccer kits and I still think (despite their denials) the NBA will head this way.

An additional reason I'd heard is a desire to cover players' tattoos. Not sure I buy that one.

I share the perspective of those who would never buy an NBA jersey because they look ridiculous worn with a t-shirt and going sleeveless as a fan is even worse.

That said, I wonder if there's not a larger-scale purpose for these sleeved unis...advertising space.

Watching the games yesterday, I couldn't help but be reminded of soccer kits and I still think (despite their denials) the NBA will head this way.

An additional reason I'd heard is a desire to cover players' tattoos. Not sure I buy that one.

I really don't think it's for advertising (aside from adidas). No top tier sports league uses te sleeves for advertising. I don't know why the nba would be any different.

I just don't see the players being cool with this as an everyday thing.

They actually didn't look AS bad as I thought they would. Still a stupid stupid design though. They could've gotten way more creative with this. Sleeved throwbacks would've been cool.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the NBA goes

"Wow, the fans dont like them, and niether do the players. Maybe if we add more, they will start to like them!"

"Hello, Michael? Yeah, if you want to officially change the name of your team, You have to agree to make their new uniforms Sleeved. All of them. Good-Bye"

I really don't think it's for advertising (aside from adidas). No top tier sports league uses te sleeves for advertising. I don't know why the nba would be any different.

I just don't see the players being cool with this as an everyday thing.

They actually didn't look AS bad as I thought they would. Still a stupid stupid design though. They could've gotten way more creative with this. Sleeved throwbacks would've been cool.

Seattle Mariners:

ApEUNlTCEAARxre.jpg

That's exactly what they're for. Stern may have been a greedy bastard but I'm sure Silver will be worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You guys may hate them, but apparently the T'Wolves love them. According to the equipment manager of the team he says the team wishes that they could wear them every game apparently, and I am completely serious. I own one of these Wolves alternates and I must say it does feel much better wearing than the sleeveless jerseys do, so at least they have that going for them. I've posted the twitter if you want to read through it, he also has some other tidbits about the jerseys.

@@Realjockwasher

So is this generation seeing the White Sox shorts with the NBA Sleeves?

we are seeing a ploy to sell jerseys, and also the players hate them to, pretty much everyone hates them, but the people trying to sell them *adidas*, white sox' shorts were just poor choice for a sport like baseball that has sliding and diving, it's the same reason you won't see football teams wearing shorts outside of practice, you won't rarely see baseball players practice in shorts, and my coaches wouldn't let us wear shorts for this same reason.

Archived