NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the NBA need to get its head out of adidas' ass

I echo that sentiment. I'll take traditional basketball jerseys with something like "American West" or "Adobe" in place of "Phoenix" or "Jazz" (just a couple of examples) than to have sleeved jerseys. That's how much I despise the sleeved jerseys and this push to shove them down our throats. I tried to give them a sliver of a chance on Christmas but after I saw them in action they're as bad as I thought they were.

Don't alienate your audience and employees to sell jersey space even before you take the Commissioner's office, Mr. Silver.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Sleeved jerseys, flopping, increase in European and South American players, rumors of ads on jerseys. Remind me again that the NBA isn't the same thing as soccer?

and soon we will see chelsea wearing tank tops with gigantic chrome mono silver crests on the front

You act as if the league and Adidas care about what the players and fans want.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

vpG7wSt.gif

This is just insanity at this point. The fans don't like them, the players don't like them. The NBA and Adidas need to stop forcing this sleeved :censored:.

I personally hate them but according to that article they are selling. So maybe all fans don't hate them.
goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

vpG7wSt.gif

This is just insanity at this point. The fans don't like them, the players don't like them. The NBA and Adidas need to stop forcing this sleeved :censored:.

I personally hate them but according to that article they are selling. So maybe all fans don't hate them.

id like to see these figures, because i haven't seen a single sleeved jersey worn in public

vpG7wSt.gif

id like to see these figures, because i haven't seen a single sleeved jersey worn in public

I saw one. It was the Warriors yellow sleeved jersey, and a 7 year old kid was wearing it in Disney World. The problem was that his two other brothers were wearing a Kevin Durant and Tim Duncan jerseys.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Haven't seen,heard, or know of ANYONE who has purchased a sleeved jersey either. Im sure if the NBA isnt lying those sales then id bet you Mitchell and Ness may start selling faux back sleeved jerseys (throwbacks with sleeves). Oh the humanity. Sounds like they dont care. Oh and there are stats out there that proves the sleeved jerseys =lower(small) shooting % in every category. So go figure the league just cares about sales and add space.

shado_logo.gif

I don't like this Adam Silver character. He has Bettman vibes. Other people have turned on Stern, but I'll always believe he cared about the game of basketball on a really deep, personal level, and that informed the way he ran the league. Not getting that feel here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sleeved jerseys, flopping, increase in European and South American players, rumors of ads on jerseys. Remind me again that the NBA isn't the same thing as soccer?

I don't see anything wrong about the increase in number of international players. Perhaps Poppovich and other coaches prefer players with professional experience. And since NBA Champions title themselves as World Champions, the league shouldn't restrict foreign players.

On the jersey topic, Adidas has no interest in keeping a product that doesn't sell. I'm not defending the concept but for the sake of argument one has to keep in mind two possibilities:

1. In the world where every significant athlete is tied to an apparell manufacturer, it is difficult to get honest opinions about uniforms.

2. Usually people that disagree are louder so from the internet comments one cannot tell that everybody hates the sleeves. And sleeve lovers have already been bullied on this forum.

The bottom line is that the only factor that will determine expansion of this new fashion is adidas revenue.

I don't like this Adam Silver character. He has Bettman vibes. Other people have turned on Stern, but I'll always believe he cared about the game of basketball on a really deep, personal level, and that informed the way he ran the league. Not getting that feel here.

Stern was great..........his reaction to the people buhing at the recent draft :lol:

vpG7wSt.gif

I Love The West Wing my favourite TV Series of all time. This is the scene with Albi Duncan when a sub goes dark off the coast off North Korea.

Stern was great..........his reaction to the people buhing at the recent draft :lol:

Haha I like solely because of that.

I don't see anything wrong about the increase in number of international players. Perhaps Poppovich and other coaches prefer players with professional experience. And since NBA Champions title themselves as World Champions, the league shouldn't restrict foreign players.

I definitely have nothing against international players, and think it's great for basketball to grow as an international sport. I was just noticing the coincidence that an increase of players from places where soccer is most popular was also followed by other things associated with soccer.

I live in one of those places (Germany) and I noticed that people wear football shirts for different sport activities (e.g. gym, running). Perhaps this is also one of adidas targets and might explain why someone would buy such a tight jersey.

Archived